[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Super Flex Guys

TheGuildedAge

Almost need to take a QB at #3 as many QB's will go before you get back around at 18.  OR you could do the opposite and load up on a top WR/RB combo with your first two and take the best QB in 3rd.   

At 1.03, yes you take QB.  That said, I just started a SF best ball league draft this morning and opted for Jefferson at 1.09.  I figured I could get a decent QB1 on the way back and guys like Goff will be available later as my QB2.

Edit - got Dak with my 2nd round pick here.  In SF, at least towards the end of the first round, it makes sense to grab the value of the WR1 or thereabouts.

Edited by darin3

I have second in my 2qb league. I’m probably going Allen and then hoping for Diggs round two. But it will be hard to pass up Jefferson.having to start two QBs is hard.if I don’t go QB at 2, then I’ve painted myself in a corner and will have to go QB s ext two picks because there will certainly be no QBs left at pick 40.

2 hours ago, TheGuildedAge said:

Yea I feel like I have to. We are a mostly rec league and I think a lot of people are going to stockpile QB.

That is like as quarterbacks become quickly scarce in that format.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, breathe easy said:

That depends how the draft is playing out. You have four picks before you go again at the turn.. it depends what those two guys have/ need at that point

Those 3 are going to be exactly the same going into the turn.  He’s asking does he risk passing QB for BPA or not?  

My gut says BPA and look at QB after the turn, but that’s mainly dependent on what 4-17 do.  If you’re looking at the remaining QBs and there’s a tier drop/cliff after the next one or two, I wouldn’t fault you for pulling the trigger.  

2 hours ago, Def. said:

Those 3 are going to be exactly the same going into the turn.  He’s asking does he risk passing QB for BPA or not?  

My gut says BPA and look at QB after the turn, but that’s mainly dependent on what 4-17 do.  If you’re looking at the remaining QBs and there’s a tier drop/cliff after the next one or two, I wouldn’t fault you for pulling the trigger.  

4 hours ago, breathe easy said:

That depends how the draft is playing out. You have four picks before you go again at the turn.. it depends what those two guys have/ need at that point

Yea, as a work rec league it's odd. We have 5/6 who take it pretty seriously and the rest don't put much thought in.

Knowing some of their tendencies and the surprises (and team biases many have) our drafts usually come off the rails fast.

When I take Mahomes/Allen/Hurts 3rd overall, I can totally see Lamar, Herbert, Burrow, all being first rounders. Then people will panic and begin to have a QB run.

So when i come back around, if I am starting at a Herbert, Trefvor Lawrence, Dak, I wonder if I almost have to.

We'll see though, one thing is certain, someone always throws a curveball draft night.

9 hours ago, TheGuildedAge said:

Yea, as a work rec league it's odd. We have 5/6 who take it pretty seriously and the rest don't put much thought in.

Knowing some of their tendencies and the surprises (and team biases many have) our drafts usually come off the rails fast.

When I take Mahomes/Allen/Hurts 3rd overall, I can totally see Lamar, Herbert, Burrow, all being first rounders. Then people will panic and begin to have a QB run.

So when i come back around, if I am starting at a Herbert, Trefvor Lawrence, Dak, I wonder if I almost have to.

We'll see though, one thing is certain, someone always throws a curveball draft night.

We are a one QB 5 keeper league. On year a guy who kept a QB drafted one early in our first round, major surprise. The few people expecting to draft a QB were pissed, but we all knew he was drafting a backup with lots of empty starting roster spots on his team. (I can see waiting on kicker and defense, due to lower scoring and randomness.) Until RB values dropped recently we'd also have a team or two keeping 3RBs even though we could only start 2. 

36 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

We are a one QB 5 keeper league. On year a guy who kept a QB drafted one early in our first round, major surprise. The few people expecting to draft a QB were pissed, but we all knew he was drafting a backup with lots of empty starting roster spots on his team. (I can see waiting on kicker and defense, due to lower scoring and randomness.) Until RB values dropped recently we'd also have a team or two keeping 3RBs even though we could only start 2. 

Yeah it's funny. Our first year playing, guy who picked #1 overall took Baker Mayfield, LOL. This was just a standard 1QB PPR

Funny thing was he made playoffs I didn't

Edited by TheGuildedAge

• 2 weeks later...

I have been in a 2QB league for the last 5 years.  IMO you do not make this decision until you are on the clock.

No way would I take any QB ahead of CMC or JJ if they are available.  And even if they are gone, that means picks 1 and 2 did not take QBs, increasing the odds that you will a good QB in round 2 before those two guys are picking their first QB...leaving your pick of a RB or WR not such a big QB dice roll.  Unlikely any team picks QB in both the first and second round.

And don't stop at 2 QBs.  IMO you must draft 4 QBs before any other team picks a 3rd QB.  And this is not stupid  You start 2 RBs and I bet you will have at least 4 RBs on your roster.  Same with WRs.  You don't want to be the guy starting Sam Howell and Mac Jones fighting for a playoff spot come week 13 because your QB1 is on bye and your QB2 is resting a slight ankle sprain.

• Like 1