[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Amari Cooper aggravates groin injury today

Big John

10 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

It depends what type of league you are playing in.  

Not necessarily. Even in a dynasty IDP, picking up a viable 3rd or4th WR/LB/DL/DB can often be the factor that keeps you on the winning side of injuries and byes. 

The  waiver wire implications in a standard yahoo league are substantialy different than FFPC leagues that utilize 2 flexes, have 20 rounds of drafting (instead of 15), and utilize blind bidding for waivers.  It's not as if the waiver wire is unimportant, but in FFPC the quality of your draft is far more important than waivers. Too many sharks and lack of opportunity to upgrade your team throughout the season if you blow the foundation of your team in the draft.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dcat said:

geez I need Elijah Moore to score points tonight. How hobbly is Cooper? 

Just saw an update from RotoWire Staff saying he is still GTD. You may know before the early MNF game starts, giving you 4 teams to find a WR from (if you have somebody you can drop, league still allows RMs). 

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Just saw an update from RotoWire Staff saying he is still GTD. You may know before the early MNF game starts, giving you 4 teams to find a WR from (if you have somebody you can drop, league still allows RMs). 

Going with Moore.  I'm not a Cooper owner.  Moore is way better than anything available in FA.  Hope they rest cooper!

I was reading a bit of player news before the game, and Joe Buck had mentioned said that Stefanski told him they expected Cooper to play. When Buck said that on Pat McAfees show, he was reminded of Adam Schefter's tweet on Saturday, that Cooper was "unlikely" to play, Buck said "I'm just telling you what Stefanski told us...Maybe Stefanski didn't read Schefty's tweet." 

I figured he would play and had a decent game. But the offense could be a mess now with Chubb out for the season. (I knew that when ESPN said they would not show the video of the hit, and by the way Chubb reacted and rolled over screaming in pain.)

Surprisingly Moore is geting a lot of targets, 2nd on the team with 16 (Cooper leads with 17). But he's done very little with them, you could put most of the blame on Watson (around 50% completion) but the numbers for most other pass catchers are much better (only a couple with a lower catch rate). Maybe Watson is missing him more often than Cooper, see bolded below.

(targets-rec-yards-TD)

Cooper 17-10-127-0   Moore 16-6-79-0  Njoku 7-6-72-0  Peoples-Jones 6-2-19-0

Followed by a bunch of guys with 4 targets each, Marquise Goodwin the worst of the entire group no catches on 4 targets. 

Neither of the acquired WR are doing much so far. 

Some interesting stuff here, never delved much into these type of stats, but was looking for drops. According to this, only 7 of the 16 targets for Moore were catchable, he shows one drop. Contrast with Cooper, shows 10 (of 17) catchable, with zero drops. So about 44% of the passes thrown to Moore are catchable, compared to 59% for Cooper, a significant difference. 

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-wr.php

PS  Amari missed practice again yesterday, I would be surprised if he doesn't play Sunday. They'll rest the groin this week. He just doesn't miss many games due to injury.

9 hours ago, loaf said:

how to turn 9 receptions into 49 yards and a lost fumble. By Elijah Moore

Don't forget his minus one yard on 3 carries.  Its uglier actually, his first 3 receptions were for 10-7-14 yards, that's 31 of his 49, the other 6 receptions averaged just 3 yards. At least was doing a relatively good job of holding the ball with 2 hands. And he did recover Watson's fumble. 

Cooper on the other hand is a stud 7-116-1 on one less target.