[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah our league is stupid...championship game this weekend. I made it, but I am screwed. What can I do?

Even though I lost Chubb right away, still made the championship game on the strength of Kupp, Puca, Pacheco and Aiyuk,  Sadly it appears they will all be resting this weekend.  My opponent has JJ, Rashaad White, Amon-RA, LaPorta, Taylor and Collins...all who are teams who can benefit by a win this weekend.

Seems to me I am screwed two ways to Tuesday and three times on Sunday.

My current Roster  We start 2 Rb, 2 WR, TE and Flex.

RBs: Walker, Achane, Pacheco, Ford, Charbonnet, Jordan Mason

WRs: Kupp, Aiyuk, Puka, 

TEs: Taysom, Kincaid

Walker and Achane should be decent starts.  Beyond that...ugh.  Do I pickup players like Atwell and Bell and start Mason, who should play a lot if the Rams and 49ers  are resting players or just dance with who got me there?  12-team league so waiver wire is pretty bare.

And read my title again...yes I know having the championship game the last week is STUPID..no need to comment on that.  Not my call and did not push the issue being my first year in this league ($220 fee..so nice chunk coming my way even for 2nd).

Edited by The Badfinger

20 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

It's stupid having your championship in week 18.  Sorry, it needed to be said.

Id probably roll with Kupp and Puka if they're starting.   

You'll need some backup wrs in case.  Who is out there besides atwell?

Well, I said it twice in my OP!

On 1/3/2024 at 6:27 PM, The Badfinger said:

Even though I lost Chubb right away, still made the championship game on the strength of Kupp, Puca, Pacheco and Aiyuk,  Sadly it appears they will all be resting this weekend.  My opponent has JJ, Rashaad White, Amon-RA, LaPorta, Taylor and Collins...all who are teams who can benefit by a win this weekend.

Seems to me I am screwed two ways to Tuesday and three times on Sunday.

My current Roster  We start 2 Rb, 2 WR, TE and Flex.

RBs: Walker, Achane, Pacheco, Ford, Charbonnet, Jordan Mason

WRs: Kupp, Aiyuk, Puka, 

TEs: Taysom, Kincaid

Walker and Achane should be decent starts.  Beyond that...ugh.  Do I pickup players like Atwell and Bell and start Mason, who should play a lot if the Rams and 49ers  are resting players or just dance with who got me there?  12-team league so waiver wire is pretty bare.

And read my title again...yes I know having the championship game the last week is STUPID..no need to comment on that.  Not my call and did not push the issue being my first year in this league ($220 fee..so nice chunk coming my way even for 2nd).

I would play whatever receivers have a reason to play and play well. Or are projected to do well (I know it means nothing)

SOOOO risky in a must win, but Slayton available, Wandale? Greg Dortsch?

Edited by TheGuildedAge

1 hour ago, TheGuildedAge said:

I would play whatever receivers have a reason to play and play well. Or are projected to do well (I know it means nothing)

SOOOO risky in a must win, but Slayton available, Wandale? Greg Dortsch?

I was going to suggest Slayton, too. Tyrod loves him and the Eagles defense is a joke.

29 minutes ago, 8rattoon said:

I was going to suggest Slayton, too. Tyrod loves him and the Eagles defense is a joke.

I am in the championship in our "fun" league.   The commish shortened the season and then people complained so early in the season he changed it back... and screwed up and made it 18 instead of 17.  

Anyway, its just a fun family friend league.    I have flowers and higgins as my WR2, and I dont think either plays much.    I was looking at Demarcus and maybe Slayton, Dortch, or JSN.  Thats kind of it available, and I suspect the same for many week 18 morons- er, uh, leagues.  

Probably going slayton.  

Well, this is the roster I have cobble together...

Geno Smith

RB:  Walker III, Achane

WR: Slayton, Puka (I have read Puka is going to play a fair amount chasing a record....)

Flex: Jordan Mason (CMC out, Mitchell dinged up) - Could also roll with Pierre Strong or DeMario Douglas or WanDale or Shaheed here.  

TE: Kincaid

NYJ DST

Tucker

Projections have me losing by 41 points.  Doesn't even seem like I have a punchers chance.

I'm in the same position as you. Week 18 championship game. With Kyren out, I planned on starting Elijah Mitchell. Reports say he has an illness right now and if healthy should receive most of the workload. I would check on that before starting Mason. Good luck.

5 hours ago, Asp1980 said:

I'm in the same position as you. Week 18 championship game. With Kyren out, I planned on starting Elijah Mitchell. Reports say he has an illness right now and if healthy should receive most of the workload. I would check on that before starting Mason. Good luck.

I'd pick up Jordan Mason. Read that he was going go be the lead back anyway. Or Herbert if Foreman is out again.

9 hours ago, The Badfinger said:

Well, this is the roster I have cobble together...

Geno Smith

RB:  Walker III, Achane

WR: Slayton, Puka (I have read Puka is going to play a fair amount chasing a record....)

Flex: Jordan Mason (CMC out, Mitchell dinged up) - Could also roll with Pierre Strong or DeMario Douglas or WanDale or Shaheed here.  

TE: Kincaid

NYJ DST

Tucker

Projections have me losing by 41 points.  Doesn't even seem like I have a punchers chance.

I assume the Pierre Strong move is anticipating the Browns resting Ford and/or Hunt. I have not heard much about that in local media, but coach Stefanski was pretty tight lipped about who is getting rest other than Flacco. When asked about Garrett or others he would just say "cannot rest everybody, have to have guys dressed ready to play', you guys can make your best guesses but I won't comment." 

I think Cooper will also rest, and Elijiah Moore may not yet be cleared from concussion protocol. That could make somebody like Cedric Tillman a good option. He has already been doing quite a bit for the Browns.

1 hour ago, 8rattoon said:

I'd pick up Jordan Mason. Read that he was going go be the lead back anyway. Or Herbert if Foreman is out again.

I've seen reports saying Mitchell will be the lead back (if healthy) and I've seen a few that say Mason will be the the lead back regardless of Mitchell's health. That's why I'm paying attention to it. It'll probably be Mason since I picked up Mitchell, which will leave me scrambling to find another starter.

On 1/5/2024 at 9:20 AM, stevegrab said:

I assume the Pierre Strong move is anticipating the Browns resting Ford and/or Hunt. I have not heard much about that in local media, but coach Stefanski was pretty tight lipped about who is getting rest other than Flacco. When asked about Garrett or others he would just say "cannot rest everybody, have to have guys dressed ready to play', you guys can make your best guesses but I won't comment." 

I think Cooper will also rest, and Elijiah Moore may not yet be cleared from concussion protocol. That could make somebody like Cedric Tillman a good option. He has already been doing quite a bit for the Browns.

Turns out it was David Bell who benefited most from the players resting for CLE, 4-4-68-2 is a nice day for somebody who had gone 10-19-99-1 this season.