[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So... what should we expect from the Rattler?

Dcat

I heard something on SiriusXM on my drive to work this morning... obviously taking with a grain of salt as it's just one honk's opinion and it was on the Fantasy Sports channel, but he said we "could" expect about 90-95% of Carr's output, carrying that over to the skill position players as well. 

Rattler has some game, and may have been humbled a bit.  He was an elite prospect and looked to be the latest and greatest in the OU QB machine, but fell on some hard times (maybe personal?) and ended up finishing out his career at South Carolina, where he had some ups and downs.

He was good enough to make the roster as the third QB, really neck and neck with Jake Haener.  Haener looked pretty lost against Spags and the Chiefs at the end of MNF.... so they're going to Rattler, who may have more upside than Haener.  Rattler will push the ball down the field, and has more mobility than Carr.  

And something interesting that the SXM dude said was, look at the OC.  Klint Kubiak knows what he's doing and will get the most out of Rattler.  The matchup against the Bucs is cherry (look at what Cousins did to them on TNF) so expect the Saints to move forward as they have been on offense.  

Rattler has already said that he's going to "force-feed Olave".  As an Olave owner I kind of like this.  Carr, being a veteran, was more of a 'take what the defense gives him" kind of QB.  It seemed like Olave/Shaheed were in more of a 1a/1b type of situation, where Carr would look past Olave and go deep to Shaheed... something that worked SOME of the time, but not all of the time.  I don't know if I'm going to start Olave in the league I have him in, as I have Mooney ready to slide into that spot.  For now I have Olave on the bench but part of me wants to give Rattler the benefit of the doubt and hope that he DOES force-feed Olave which would be nice in PPR formats.  

If anything, I'd expect Kamara to still see plenty of check-downs.  The guy I'd downgrade is Shaheed.  While Rattler WILL push the ball downfield, I don't see him wanting to take risky deep shots when he has Olave open.  Olave had Trent McDuffie up in his grill ALL GAME on MNF.

Sorry, long-winded way of saying Rattler and the Saints' offense might just be OK.

I was about to say.... I think it hurts the passing game in general (but not sure how much), although I'm not sure things could get much worse for Olave than they've been so far. Sounds like it might actually help Olave, which was what I was thinking (since Carr seems to look everywhere else first).