[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas/ Oklahoma

theeohiostate

"Vince is a yr older, but Vince isnt effective throwing the mediate to short

stuff, only the bombs to those Wrs from last yr." 

Interesting, since Vince has 8 TD's and 2 INTS in about 11 quarters of play, and is 12th in the country in passing efficiency. But I guess he's not "effective"

461792[/snapback]

And how many of those were dump off passes to Benson inside the 10. Thats not what Im talking about. Im talking about running a throwing offense when this team is behind by 20 and even 30. He will be ineffective when that is the case, just as he was a yr ago.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you Oprahing kidding me. He spyed Missouri QB Brad Smith with Teddy Lehman last yr, and Senaca Wallace the yr before that.

Sorry Sarge, but you're wrong. Stoops even gets pissed if he's asked about it.

As a fan who doesn't care either way of what happens in this game, I say Oklahoma wins in a close ball game. They have the psychological edge over the Horns, which is far more important than holding an overrated Offense like Georgia Tech to 13 points. Stoops is a good coach, Mack Brown is a bad coach. It's that simple. Sorry Horn fans, and Sooner haters. Oklahoma 30 Texas 20

Im talking about running a throwing offense when this team is behind by 20 and even 30.  He will be ineffective when that is the case, just as he was a yr ago.

461814[/snapback]

Gee... I can remeber two games last year when White couldn't get it done when he had to!!!!!! I think all hope for OU this year lies in the hands of the D, they must stop BENSON and the freshman (AP) must go off...

Gee... I can remeber two games last year when White couldn't get it done when he had to!!!!!! I think all hope for OU this year lies in the hands of the D, they must stop BENSON and the freshman (AP) must go off...

463544[/snapback]

White was hurt those 2 games, and they didnt have a running game all last yr and still rolled Texas. OU wins this game easily and my neighbors can cry about the Sooner Flag flying high for yet another year.

White was hurt those 2 games, and they didnt have a running game all last yr and still rolled Texas.  OU wins this game easily and my neighbors can cry about the Sooner Flag flying high for yet another year.

466937[/snapback]

So if its not White's fault due to injury, hmmm...must be Stoops' fault then! And I agree, the guy was/is a warrior to still be out there, but if a badly injured White is their best option, someone is not getting it done on the depth side - recruiting, giving the #2 practice time, etc.

Even if White tried to "hide" the nature of his injuries (very difficult to do nowadays,) the coaches could've/should've seen that he needed to be pulled. I think they did notice - Stoops is a smart guy - but had no options. The buck stops somewhere, doesn't it...

And how many of those were dump off passes to Benson inside the 10.  Thats not what Im talking about.  Im talking about running a throwing offense when this team is behind by 20 and even 30.  He will be ineffective when that is the case, just as he was a yr ago.

461814[/snapback]

Only one of the 8 was a dump off to Benson.

I believe Thompson would have tore the LSU D a new one if he was put in, in the 4th qtr,  personally. They were gased the whole 4th qtr, but White couldnt hit his Wrs to save his ass.  That Heisman may have cost OU a National Title. And I already said before Stoops was outcoached in that game.  Thompson would start for 100 of 112 college programs in the country right now.

But that is last yr, who cares now.  Its Red River Shoot-Out time in Big D.  Man I can't wait.

468172[/snapback]

out of curiosity, who are the programs he wouldnt start for right now?

White was hurt those 2 games, and they didnt have a running game all last yr and still rolled Texas.  OU wins this game easily and my neighbors can cry about the Sooner Flag flying high for yet another year.

466937[/snapback]

Hmmm BJ Symons had a partially torn ACL when he played OU and Tech boasted 25 pts verses OU..... just face it man, if push comes to shove and white has to get it done.....I think he fails 9 out of 10 times... so far hes 2 for 2 on the failing part...lets hope that this isnt the case Sat. Sarge

I've never been a big Jason White fan, I saw him play high school some and he was good, but not a 3 year starter in Div-1 good. JMO for whatever it matters...... :D

Personally I don't think OU is as good of a team as they have been the past few years, and I do believe Texas is better than them talent wise this year, but come on OU ALWAYS beats them. On top of that in a big game M. Brown is an AWFUL coach. So while I think Texas is the better team I still say OU wins. I will say this though, if Texas doesn't win this year they'll never beat OU under Brown.

Truth time ...

The difference with Oklahoma this year is the rushing attack. Oklahoma was ranked 65th in the nation last year in rushing which lead to alot of passing for Jason White which lead to the Heisman. This year Oklahoma has a solid rushing attack with returning players but they also have the difference maker in freshman Adrian Peterson.

For Texas Benson has been lights out rushing the ball, he's one of the current favorites to win the Heisman this year. Oklahoma is STILL weak against the run and will have to stop Benson if they want to win this game. Texas does not have a passing attack, which is the difference.

Game Keys:

Texas wins if they can run the ball and get into OU's backfield and pressure Jason White. If you put pressure on White he will make mistakes as K-State proved last year in the BIG 12 Chmapionship game. Texas still has Mack Brown as coach which means he'll find a way to screw up the game.

Oklahoma wins if they can stop Benson and protect Jason White. Oklahoma must protect the ball and win special teams.

Prediction:

Texas makes it a lot closer this year but Oklahoma has had their number since the addition of the K-State coaches. Texas will turn the ball over as they always do vs. Oklahoma. OU's special teams will make plays. Texas CAN win this game but they will NOT. Oklahom 31-24

Truth time ... 

The difference with Oklahoma this year is the rushing attack. Oklahoma was ranked 65th in the nation last year in rushing which lead to alot of passing for Jason White which lead to the Heisman. This year Oklahoma has a solid rushing attack with returning players but they also have the difference maker in freshman Adrian Peterson.

For Texas Benson has been lights out rushing the ball, he's one of the current favorites to win the Heisman this year. Oklahoma is STILL weak against the run and will have to stop Benson if they want to win this game. Texas does not have a passing attack, which is the difference.

Game Keys:

Texas wins if they can run the ball and get into OU's backfield and pressure Jason White. If you put pressure on White he will make mistakes as K-State proved last year in the BIG 12 Chmapionship game. Texas still has Mack Brown as coach which means he'll find a way to screw up the game.

Oklahoma wins if they can stop Benson and protect Jason White. Oklahoma must protect the ball and win special teams.

Prediction:

Texas makes it a lot closer this year but Oklahoma has had their number since the addition of the K-State coaches. Texas will turn the ball over as they always do vs. Oklahoma. OU's special teams will make plays. Texas CAN win this game but they will NOT. Oklahom 31-24

473085[/snapback]

I agree. OU close and a big reason for that is they just always beat Texas. As I said above I do think Texas is the better team talent wise though, so they clearly can win.

Anyone else think this year Texas gets it done? This is one of the worst Oklahama D's i can remeber seeing, this is their chance.

457581[/snapback]

LMMFAO, yep worst D you have seen in some time. OU shuts out #5 Texas for Texas 1st shutout in 24 years.

Peterson can't carry M Claretts jock. 225 yds vs a top 5 run defense in the country.

OU doesnt play anyone, Yeah right, who is the top rated Lil 10 team. Purdue or Minn, lmmfao. Those teams would lose to OU by 50.

OS Who sux ass, and loses to Northwestern. OU dominates on defense, Peterson is the best true freshman RB in the last 15 yrs.

Do you have a F'n clue about anything, anything.

Go away Cher, your insight is about as weak as my 13 month old daughter.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

LMMFAO,  yep worst D you have seen in some time.  OU shuts out #5Texas for the first time Texas has been shut out in 24 yrs

Peterson can't carry M Claretts jock.

Do you have a F'n clue about anything.

OS Who sux ass, and loses to Northwestern.  OU dominates on defense, Peterson is the best true freshman RB in the last 15 yrs.

473494[/snapback]

any team with a good rush d , beats OKLA, hands down :D

Peterson is the best RB in the last 15 years :DB):D:D

Peterson is qualified to carry Claretts jock after that performance, and Jason White is still a Heiman hopeful B):yay::moon:

Private Ryan, when the Lil 12 faces the big boys out east, they loose, plain and simple, if you forget just let me refresh your memory

LSU downs OKLA

OSU downs KSU

Miss downs OKLA ST

Wash St downs TEXAS

I just remember your some lip from last year about how tuff the LIL' 12 is and when it came down to showtime look how they did in the bowls WHERE IT MATTERS

:moon::moon::yay: KEEP IT UP PRIVATE BENJAMIN, your just asking for another HUGE disappointment this year, last year your were PROVEN to be an IDIOT and this year your back for more :yay::yay: Bring it on!!

Good game by both defenses, but OU didn't blow me away with their offensive performance. AP started really peeling off rushing yards later in the game as the Tex got worn out. Simply, Texas has/had no passing game and that was exposed. But White didn't look impressive at all. Two picks, no TDs, no real consistancy. Good going for OU beating a top 5 team, but I certainly wouldn't say they are unbeatable.

Good game by both defenses, but OU didn't blow me away with their offensive performance.  AP started really peeling off rushing yards later in the game as the Tex got worn out.  Simply, Texas has/had no passing game and that was exposed.  But White didn't look impressive at all.  Two picks, no TDs, no real consistancy.  Good going for OU beating a top 5 team, but I certainly wouldn't say they are unbeatable.

473508[/snapback]

OU didnt have to pass, they ran the ball right down Texas throat. And Texas was a top 5 team vs the rush coming into this game. There is no Lil 10 team better. No Pac ten team either vs the run. Hell GA isnt better either. So I think OU is well on its way to another National Title. Title #8. :D

BTW, 1 of those INTs was a ball that should have been caught that was deflected up in the air. THe other clearly was not a INT but college football does not have instant replay, or it would have been reveresed.

Im not saying White will repeat as a Heisman Trophy winner, I never did, as this team doesnt needs White to win games for them as it did last year. Adrian Peterson will get that done instead.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

OS WHO, do you have anything to add. Anything. Its rediculous how ignorant your inbreed ass is. You spout off Athena that makes you look outright stupid. I suppose for you its better to say something and prove your an idiot than say nothing and leave at least some doubt. You have clearly left no doubt.

I love it.

PS, my sig seems to sum you up perfectly jack ass.

OU didnt have to pass, they ran the ball right down Texas throat.  And Texas was a top 5 team vs the rush coming into this game.  There is no Lil 10 team better.  No Pac ten team either vs the run.    Hell GA isnt better either.  So I think OU is well on its way to another National Title.  Title #8.  :D

473511[/snapback]

Are you a broken record, i think i heard that same comment 100 times last year before they got WAXED by the first good team they played.

Jason White should have taken a job in the supermarket or the European League,

'cause he's stinking up the joint! Heisman :D

Purdue waxes the ONCE AGAIN over-rated sooners by 24! B)

OS WHO,  do you have anything to add.  Anything.  Its rediculous how ignorant your inbreed ass is.  You spout off Athena that makes you look outright stupid.  I suppose for you its better to say something and prove your an idiot than say nothing and leave at least some doubt.  You have clearly left no doubt. 

I love it. 

PS, my sig seems to sum you up perfectly jack ass.

473513[/snapback]

Hm sea QUE? BRt yt r

:D

THAT TURKISH for ? did you say something?

Are you a broken record, i think i heard that same comment 100 times last year before they got WAXED by the first good team they played.

Jason White should have taken a job in the supermarket or the European League,

'cause he's stinking up the joint! Heisman  :D

Purdue waxes the ONCE AGAIN over-rated sooners by 24! :D

473515[/snapback]

LMMAO Purdue may win the Lil ten, but they wont make the title game. OU, USC, CAL, Miami would all have to lose. Won't happen. Texas isnt a good team, LMMFAO, they are only ranked higher than any Lil 10 team in the country. Texas will finish the season as a 1 loss team and probably stomp the Athena out of Purdue in the Fiesta Bowl. OS Who may maket he outback bowl only to get beat by the #4 team in the SEC.

LSU downs OKLA

OSU downs KSU

Miss downs OKLA ST

Wash St downs TEXAS

I just remember your  lip from last year about how tuff the LIL' 12 is and when it came down to showtime look how they did in the bowls WHERE IT MATTERS

If you haven't anything to say to dispute these allegations , zip your lip Col. Klinger! :D