[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The 'Over 45' FFL

skylive5

Updated thru CSEstreet:

List of interested Owners:

*skylive5

*rockinrobin26

*jackshi17

*aqua

*Rovers

*Randall

*Borge007

*Alchico

*DocNiner52

*Charlietherude

*JoJotheWebToedBoy

*Chargerz

*Retrograde Assault

*Stoperat

*BearCat Greg

*CSEstreet

georgemoe

BillyBalata

nogohawk

The Misfit

Ursa Majoris47

Slambo46

Slayer

jgcoach

* = over 50

Don't know where all you people were when we were talking about this a few months ago, but looks like the over 50's are well represented with lots of backup by the over 45's. :D

Edited by skylive5

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the league will fill with the over 50s, but it also looks like there's enough people to start a league for the 45-50 age group.......

627931[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing.

Was looking at maybe having two leagues in one.... The 50 and over and The 45-49 almost there.

Once we get the forum (I already asked) we can see where everyone stands on that idea.

I was thinking the same thing.

Was looking at maybe having two leagues in one.... The 50 and over and The 45-49 almost there.

Once we get the forum (I already asked) we can see where everyone stands on that idea.

627946[/snapback]

hold her horses there tonto :D ...... we got something else brew'in that we'd like your input on here.

your thoughts on this ? Having a 4 league system I mean. :D

under 30

30-39

40-49

over 50

Think we will call this league:

The Huddle Old-Timers FFL (The HOT FFL)

to start. Can work on it later if that isn't good enough.

627671[/snapback]

Fantastic name!! :D

Think we will call this league:

The Huddle Old-Timers FFL (The HOT FFL)

to start. Can work on it later if that isn't good enough.

627671[/snapback]

Great name :D I'm leaving for Detroit tomorrow, if the weather gods allow it, and won't have access to a computer until i get back on the 5th. So if anything comes up i'm confirming my comittment to the league now.

Great name :D I'm leaving for Detroit tomorrow, if the weather gods allow it, and won't have access to a computer until i get back on the 5th. So if anything comes up i'm confirming my comittment to the league now.

629772[/snapback]

Have a safe trip and a great Holidays..... see you when you get back.

I see that trying to get an over 45 league has stirred some interest in other age group leagues wanting to form. The other leagues trying to form had expressed an interest in the superbowl winners from each league competing against each other in a week 17 contest. I would have no qualms about that. I think the over 45 league would have a great representative should that occur. Show 'em that just 'cause we're older doesn't mean we lack anything when it comes to playing fantasy football.

Hey, Skylive.  You put me in the wrong age group.  I'm 56.  In my original note I said that I was over 45...and 50...and 55.  Guess my attempt at witicism was a little confusing.      :D

630632[/snapback]

Sometimes I miss those things. :D

Fixed.

Looks like could have two 12 team leagues with all those interested.  One league of 50 and over and another of 45-49.

630959[/snapback]

What happens to the 49 year old owners next year when they turn 50? Do they have to hope that one of the "over 50" owners becomes too senile to field a team so that they can "graduate" to the 50+ league?

What happens to the 49 year old owners next year when they turn 50? Do they have to hope that one of the "over 50" owners becomes too senile to field a team so that they can "graduate" to the 50+ league?

631125[/snapback]

Pretty much, but being on the waiting list for the 50 and up is better than being on the waiting list for the 30 to 40 year olds! Attrition thru.... well, you know! Senility, death, what ever..... :D

631125[/snapback]

I think they have a chance.

From the looks of things we over 50's are well represented. And since it will be a redraft and all... I just may play one year and let someone take my place the next and then play some other year..... that way we would all get to play at least once in awhile.