[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets vs. Steelers

broncosn05

I think the Steelers are going to win it fairly convincingly, pulling away in the middle of the 3rd or early 4th quarter. The Jets will keep it close for a while but they will just not be able to keep up with the Steelers who are the better team. The Steelers and Jets are similar, they are both built around defense and the running game, but the Steelers do everything a little better than the Jets. You must also consider that the Steelers are rested and that the Jets just played back-to-back OT games on the road.... the Steelers will simply be too much for them to handle.

And for those who think Big Ben is destined to melt down in the playoffs just because he's a rookie.... don't hold your breath. He's been remarkably poised and I don't see that changing in the playoffs.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Steelers are going to win it fairly convincingly, pulling away in the middle of the 3rd or early 4th quarter.  The Jets will keep it close for a while but they will just not be able to keep up with the Steelers who are the better team.  The Steelers and Jets are similar, they are both built around defense and the running game, but the Steelers do everything a little better than the Jets.  You must also consider that the Steelers are rested and that the Jets just played back-to-back OT games on the road.... the Steelers will simply be too much for them to handle. 

And for those who think Big Ben is destined to melt down in the playoffs just because he's a rookie.... don't hold your breath.  He's been remarkably poised and I don't see that changing in the playoffs.

655746[/snapback]

That's definitely the consensus thinking. Clearly the Steelers are the better team - that's why they are 9 point favorites.

But - this just in... The Jets actually got on a plane and flew to Pittsburgh! And, apparently, they are going to play the game anyway! Unbelievable!

Do we need a lucky bounce?..a big special teams play?...a bad call by the officials?...Probably. But these things can happen - just look at the Patriots - would they have gotten their first ring if it weren't for the "tuck rule" call and Troy Brown's punt return in of all places - Pittsburgh?

Wierd stuff can happen - I'm hoping for some today.

That's definitely the consensus thinking.  Clearly the Steelers are the better team - that's why they are 9 point favorites.

But - this just in...  The Jets actually got on a plane and flew to Pittsburgh!  And, apparently, they are going to play the game anyway!  Unbelievable!

Do we need a lucky bounce?..a big special teams play?...a bad call by the officials?...Probably.  But these things can happen - just look at the Patriots - would they have gotten their first ring if it weren't for the "tuck rule" call and Troy Brown's punt return in of all places - Pittsburgh?

Wierd stuff can happen - I'm hoping for some today.

655806[/snapback]

These are the reasons my stomach is turning right now !!!! It is the NFL and the Jets are a good team, this game is defintitely not a sure thing !!!!!

These are the reasons my stomach is turning right now !!!!  It is the NFL and the Jets are a good team, this game is defintitely not a sure thing !!!!!

655967[/snapback]

I totally agree. While I can't wait for game time it still isn't a sure win by any means. The Jets are a good team and are capable of beating the steelers (although I really hope that doesnt happen. Stranger things have happened this season, i.e. Miami beating the Pats.

I still go with the Steelers 24-17

I couldn't agree more.  Great game so far.  Whatever happened to our resident Jets fan Rovers????

656173[/snapback]

He was being stalked be OIA. It was getting bad enough that he siad he would leave if OIA wasn't banned. He was banned, but then came back as AIO, so apparently Rovers was being stalked again, so he had enough and left.

He was being stalked be OIA.  It was getting bad enough that he siad he would leave if OIA wasn't banned.  He was banned, but then came back as AIO, so apparently Rovers was being stalked again, so he had enough and left.

656182[/snapback]

that's a cry'in shame if he felt he had to leave because of that jerkoff. :D

Duce hasn't been in yet. Are they saving for the 4th qtr or is he hurt yet?

656203[/snapback]

My memory isn't so good anymore, but wasn't Duce leading the NFL in rushing before he hurt his hammy (that's not a rhetorical question BTW, I think he was but I'm honestly not sure)? I know that Bettis has been running well and has kind of siezed his opportunity to become the guy there again, I'm just surprised that the Steelers have used Staley so very little lately.