[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are there still Brady bashers out there?

masslefty33

And that would be? Both of them losing in the AFC/NFC Championship game?

I'm amazed Vick has gone as far as Manning in the Playoffs when this is Vick's 2nd real season.

While this is Manning's 7th season.  :D

669828[/snapback]

Oh, I see. Manning should be penalized for being good enough to play his rookie year and stay healthy. Vick is better because he wasn't ready to play right away and gets hurt, so you cut him some slack. :D

Did Vick get to go to a better team? Didn't the Falcons go to the Super Bowl in 1998? I think it's hilarious that you bash Manning for the exact same things you love about Vick.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Question:  Would Peyton Manning be any good if he was on Arizona or SF?

669877[/snapback]

oh if Peyton Manning were a Cardinal..and Anquan Boldin was healthy all year they would have had the 2 seed in the NFC and beaten the Bears in the NFC title game(only if Rex Grossman had been healthy all year), who would have uspet the Eagles in the divisional round, and advanced to the Superbowl...if he was a 49er..well..Eric Johnson would have caught 150 balls

Oh, I see.  Manning should be penalized for being good enough to play his rookie year and stay healthy.  Vick is better because he wasn't ready to play right away and gets hurt, so you cut him some slack.  :D

Did Vick get to go to a better team?  Didn't the Falcons go to the Super Bowl in 1998?  I think it's hilarious that you bash Manning for the exact same things you love about Vick.

669894[/snapback]

Peyton is such a great QB so for Vick to do what Peyton has done in the playoffs in two real seasons compared to Peyton's 7 is amazing. :D

honestly i do believe he was being sarcastic...because if he truely is "one" of my own...I doubt hed be inclined to say wed drop our last two games to the jets and 49ers(at home).

669869[/snapback]

I was watching the game that night. UT had several posts after that game. I did not get the impression he was being sarcastic. He seemed like the bandwagon jumper that he is. I'm sure he loves the Lakers, was a Bulls and Cowboys fan in the 90's, etc. . .

Of course! He'd turn any WR, even David Terrell, into a Fantasy Football dream boat.

669883[/snapback]

This is probably true WaterMan. After all, who was Brandon Stokley?

Peyton is such a great QB so for Vick to do what Peyton has done in the playoffs in two real seasons compared to Peyton's 7 is amazing.  :D

669900[/snapback]

B) You are retarded.

Vick went to the NFC Championship game (in a much weaker conference) in his FOURTH year. (And the Falcons were recently a Super Bowl team in 1998.)

Manning went to the AFC Championship game in his sixth year. (The Colts haven't been to a Super Bowl since Super Bowl V.)

Big difference. :D Are you really that stupid?

Edited by CaptainHook

You want to compare me with UT, go ahead, seeing that he has been 100% correct about his opinions the last month or so.

669484[/snapback]

100% correct about his opinions?

The difference between FACT and OPINION is that a fact is verifiably CORRECT, while an OPINION is simply:

1. A belief or conclusion held with confidence but not substantiated by positive knowledge or proof;

2. A judgment based on special knowledge and given by an expert: a medical opinion;

3. A judgment or estimation of the merit of a person or thing;

4. The prevailing view;

5. A formal statement by a court or other adjudicative body of the legal reasons and principles for the conclusions of the court.

So for you to say that his "opinions" are "correct" is a fallacy.

And, since you and your homey UT obviously have some issues grasping the English language, here are some helpful links:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=opinion

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fallacy

Enjoy the reading. :D

Edited by darin3

I am almost amazed at how many people here get bent out of shape about so and so not getting enough respect or so and so being overrated.

Its bad enough that the players whine about not getting respect. They wail that "no one believed in us" or "no one thought that we could do it" and the like after they win a game in which they were a 3 point underdog.

There is no crying in football.

It's silly to say "Brady wouldn't be a great QB if he was on another team." Being a great Qb is not defined by how you would or wouldn't do on another team at another point in time. Would Brady be a great quarterback on the '96 Jets? the '89 Cowboys? the '75 Saints?

Who cares?

It's about being great for the team you are on, when you are on that team.

Joe Montana wasn't a great QB with the Kansas City Chiefs - does that mean he wasn't a great QB?

Edited by Vet

I was watching the game that night.  UT had several posts after that game.  I did not get the impression he was being sarcastic.  He seemed like the bandwagon jumper that he is.  I'm sure he loves the Lakers, was a Bulls and Cowboys fan in the 90's, etc. . .

This is probably true WaterMan.  After all, who was Brandon Stokley?

669906[/snapback]

I hear you Hook..I could be wrong...I just find it hard to believe that anyone who is supposed to be a Patriots fan and follows this team...would really believe, after dropping a game to the Dolphins, would close out the regular season with losses to the Jets and the 49ers(AT HOME). Especially after all the bragging he does about our record at home

It's silly to say "Brady wouldn't be a great QB if he was on another team.". . . Joe Montana wasn't a great QB with the Kansas City Chiefs - does that mean he wasn't a great QB?

669947[/snapback]

I thought Montana was still pretty good with the Chiefs. I remember the MNF game between him and Elway that went back in forth in the last two minutes. Great game.

Listen. I think Brady is very good. BUT, I DO wonder if Brady's success is more attributable to the system than some of the other "great" QB's. Why? Because his numbers are so pedestrian, especially in the play-offs. And when he DID have a career year in attempts, completions, yards, and TD's in 2002, the Patriots missed the play-offs.

Edited by CaptainHook

:D

The "man purse" and "hair" stuff is about as tired as Pats fans biotching about him being "underrated" or "disrespected." But answer me this: would you rather have a guy who looks like an NFL QB, or plays like one?

And I think all the numbnuts saying "I'd never have him on my fantasy team" as if that's a negative against him reeeeeeeally have to take a step back. Who gives a rat's ass? Fantasy is over, we're into the playoffs...would you rather have a TD-slinging, 150 QB rating fantasy stud like Daunte or Peyton in a big, winner-take-all game this time of year, or a clutch, reliable guy like Brady? I think the answer is clear, unless you're just arguing as a fishing expedition (which is fine, and I've been hooked plenty of times, like now), or you simply hate the Pats as a rule (which is also fine; I for one don't care who hates 'em, there are certainly teams I loathe, e.g. Yankees).

669343[/snapback]

I guess that would depend what team they were on, that does make a difference. If you were to ask me if I would rather have Brady with the Pats or Manning or Culpepper with the Steelers, I'd take Peyton or Culpepper with the Steelers. That's not taking anything away from Brady. He's done great things, get over yourselves Pats fans; you are so very insecure. Give it a break.

Edited for: Give the Yankees a break too, you finally won a World Series, get over that too.

Edited by jgcoach

I thought Montana was still pretty good with the Chiefs.  I remember the MNF game between him and Elway that went back in forth in the last two minutes.  Great game.

Listen.  I think Brady is very good.  BUT, I DO wonder if Brady's success is more attributable to the system than other "great" QB's.  Why?  Because his numbers are so pedestrian.  And when he DID have a career year in attempts, completions, yards, and TD's (2002) the Patriots missed the play-offs.

670015[/snapback]

Aikman is considered a great QB, and his #'s probably were more pedestrian than Brady's. I think your thinking is backwards to a certain degree. #'s don't mean crap to Brady or their coaching staff, and that's one of the many reasons why is great. Of course, you have to wonder if he'd be great on another team, but watching him perform as he does under pressure, which is one of the critical aspects of greatness, I think it's fair to conclude that he would be.

I wonder if Brady would be any good if he was on the Colts and if he had Harrison, Wayne and James on the field?

BTW, tell me what QB had the most passing TDs in 2002, the year the Patriots missed out on tie breaker to make the playoffs.

Uglyness

I wonder if Brady would be any good if he was on the Colts and if he had Harrison, Wayne and James on the field?

BTW, tell me what QB had the most passing TDs in 2002, the year the Patriots missed out on tie breaker to make the playoffs.

Uglyness

670053[/snapback]

i tried giving you the benefit of the doubt...but now I dunno..I might have to take back everything I said about you being sarcastic

Uglyness

670053[/snapback]

Yes, he would be good nobody is questioning whether he's good or not. I was answering a question, stick with the program.

No it's not a bad comparison.  But I don't regularly hear Aikman's name mentioned among the "greats" to be honest.  I wouldn't put him there.

670048[/snapback]

I was refering more to the system then anything else I dont think aikman was great either compared to the all time great QBs

hel1 evidently the cowboys faithfull dont think so either or they would be here letting it fly on a matter like this

What's ugly and smelly and boring and standing in front of me called Tom Brady?

669858[/snapback]

I realize the defeat is still a fresh wound, Squeeg, but you got better weapons than that in your arsenal, we know you do. That elementary school-level "put down" reeked of utter desperation. You'll step it up once you digest your rancid, undercooked, salmonella-covered Roethlis-burger and start feeling better...:D

Brady is the new Aikman.  He's a winner on a great team, but I'll never have him in fantasy.

669284[/snapback]

I believe Brady is already clear step above Aikman and before he's done it won't even be close. I understand the "system" comparison though. As far as fantasy is concerned I think Brady is slightly better though I have no numbers to back that up. I also think Brady's coaching/ownership system are better than Dallas' especially after the JJ & JJ fiasco.

I realize the defeat is still a fresh wound, Squeeg, but you got better weapons than that in your arsenal, we know you do. That elementary school-level "put down" reeked of utter desperation. You'll step it up once you digest your rancid, undercooked, salmonella-covered Roethlis-burger and start feeling better...:D

670146[/snapback]

I was having a Young Ones moment. Sorry.

B)  You are retarded.

Vick went to the NFC Championship game (in a much weaker conference) in his FOURTH year.  (And the Falcons were recently a Super Bowl team in 1998.)

Manning went to the AFC Championship game in his sixth year.  (The Colts haven't been to a Super Bowl since Super Bowl V.)

Big difference.  :D  Are you really that stupid?

669909[/snapback]

You're funny. Vick was brought in for clean up duty and, if I remember correctly, the last 2 or 3 games during 2001. I don't see how you call that a season.

2002 was his breaking out season, beating the Packers in the playoffs.

2003 he was injured.

2004 he had the team in the playoffs all the way to the NFC Championship game.

As I said, 2 real seasons.

Let's compare it this way. Vick went to the NFC Championship in 43 games(including mop ups) and Peyton went to the AFC Championship in 96 games. It took Peyton more than twice as long :D

Put m Bulger on NE and they make the SB.  Put Brady on STL and they still lose to Atlanta.

IMO Brady is no better Qb than M Bulger, just better coaching, OL and a defense.

670253[/snapback]

You've been watching a different league than me.