[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are there still Brady bashers out there?

masslefty33

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing overrated about Brady is the amount of underrating you Pats fans seem to think there is about him and your team.

Honestly, why do you care so much what other people think of your team? It's like you feel personally slighted by the percieved disrespect. I just don't get it.

Yes.  His hair is stupid looking and that purse thing is so gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).

At least Ben looks like an NFL QB.

Yeah - that's all I've got.  :D

669244[/snapback]

:D

My poor, bitter bunny...

Steelers :D

B)

669247[/snapback]

I have 3 Steeler fans that I work with. Real homer transplants.

I told them all this morning (honestly), that I would be shocked if the Steelers didn't win a championship inside of 3 years. Your team had a great season, and has a great foundation to build upon. Perhaps the 15-1 record made them seem like a better team than they were, but I can say from watching several games that they were at least almost that good.

Big Ben will be very good by his third season, barring lingering hand problems, and Dick Lebeau will only improve that defense.

I know it doesn't help today, but I think there are positive things to look at if you are a Steeler fan. More positive things than if you are a Colts fan (no slight intended to the Colts fans...you have good things to look forward to as well, just not as much IMHO)

Is he still overated?

Yes, way over-rated, by the blind catch-rag homer Pats fans!

The rest of us feel he is a solid, above average QB in a system and on a team that is successful.

Brady is the new Aikman.  He's a winner on a great team, but I'll never have him in fantasy.

669284[/snapback]

Irish Doggy nails it. The new Aikman. Boring but effective.

The only thing overrated about Brady is the amount of underrating you Pats fans seem to think there is about him and your team.

Honestly, why do you care so much what other people think of your team?  It's like you feel personally slighted by the percieved disrespect.  I just don't get it.

669230[/snapback]

Masslefty is a UT wannabe.

For the record, I've always said that Brady is very good. I don't think that he's the best QB in the NFL, but he's close (certainly Top 5 and possibly Top 3).

Now Vick, on the other hand, is overrated... :D

Yes.  His hair is stupid looking and that purse thing is so gay (not that there's anything wrong with that).

At least Ben looks like an NFL QB.

Yeah - that's all I've got.  :D

669241[/snapback]

The "man purse" and "hair" stuff is about as tired as Pats fans biotching about him being "underrated" or "disrespected." But answer me this: would you rather have a guy who looks like an NFL QB, or plays like one?

And I think all the numbnuts saying "I'd never have him on my fantasy team" as if that's a negative against him reeeeeeeally have to take a step back. Who gives a rat's ass? Fantasy is over, we're into the playoffs...would you rather have a TD-slinging, 150 QB rating fantasy stud like Daunte or Peyton in a big, winner-take-all game this time of year, or a clutch, reliable guy like Brady? I think the answer is clear, unless you're just arguing as a fishing expedition (which is fine, and I've been hooked plenty of times, like now), or you simply hate the Pats as a rule (which is also fine; I for one don't care who hates 'em, there are certainly teams I loathe, e.g. Yankees).

The "man purse" and "hair" stuff is about as tired as Pats fans biotching about him being "underrated" or "disrespected." But answer me this: would you rather have a guy who looks like an NFL QB, or plays like one?

And I think all the numbnuts saying "I'd never have him on my fantasy team" as if that's a negative against him reeeeeeeally have to take a step back. Who gives a rat's ass? Fantasy is over, we're into the playoffs...would you rather have a TD-slinging, 150 QB rating fantasy stud like Daunte or Peyton in a big, winner-take-all game this time of year, or a clutch, reliable guy like Brady? I think the answer is clear, unless you're just arguing as a fishing expedition (which is fine, and I've been hooked plenty of times, like now), or you simply hate the Pats as a rule (which is also fine; I for one don't care who hates 'em, there are certainly teams I loathe, e.g. Yankees).

669343[/snapback]

As much as it pains me to say this, Brady is clearly the best QB in football today.

Anyone who says otherwise is living in denial. As a Jets fan, I clung to denial for a long time as far as Brady is concerned - but I've moved on. The rest of you should as well.

Stage 1: Denial :D

"He's not that good - it's the Pats defense that wins games."

Stage 2: Anger :hoppingmad:

"God I hate that f&$% guy!"

Stage 3: Bargaining :D

"He's pretty good, but Manning has a stronger arm, and Vick can run faster."

Stage 4: Depression :bawling:

"We'll never win a conference title as long as Brady is around!"

Stage 5: Acceptance B)

"Brady is the best QB in football today."

Edit: I needed to edit this, because despite the fact that Brady is the best QB in football today, there is hope for the rest of us:

He's underpaid....

And his contract will be up in a couple of years....

And the Pats will be forced to give him more than Peyton Manning....

And it'll bust the cap for them...

And the talent level around him will decline dramatically....

And he'll still be the best QB in the league - but it'll be on a crappy team.

That's about all the rest of us can hope for right now.

Edited by Vet

Masslefty is a UT wannabe.

For the record, I've always said that Brady is very good.  I don't think that he's the best QB in the NFL, but he's close (certainly Top 5 and possibly Top 3).

Now Vick, on the other hand, is overrated...  :D

669324[/snapback]

Hey Clown boy, I am the furthest thing from a wannabbe. You want to compare me with UT, go ahead, seeing that he has been 100% correct about his opinions the last month or so. I do not agree with the way he presents his views, but accuracy is accuracy. Just out of curiousity, who do you think is the best???? You are so insightful, and we are all waiting for your enlightning analysis of what you consider to be the best QB in the NFL.