[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bledsoe to the Cowboys

Guest Sores

When I think of Drew Bledsoe, I think of big white stiff Will Perdue.  Bledsoe will take alot of shots behind that O-Line.  I dont see him surviving the entire season..

708599[/snapback]

Well, I am also not enamored by Bledsoe, his ball patting, and 10 second drop backs. However, the Cowboys line is far better than Buffalo's and Bledsoe had most, if not all, of his success under Parcells.

As a fan, I would have preferred they start the rookie for the entire season in 2004, as I simply cannot fathom or understand the rationale behind starting a 60 year old QB all of last year.

As I stated previously, Bledsoe is a fetus compared to Vinnie and if Bledsoe and Parcells can work together as well as they did in NE, at least the QB spot will be solidified for the next few years in Big D.

I know its a big "IF".

Lets upgrade the defense through the draft and FA, as a healthy Julius, Glenn, and Whitten, the Boys should be no worse than a middle-of-the-road offense.

I like the move.  Bledsoe is the best thing QB that Dallas could possibly get as a FA.  He is a definite improvement over Vinny.  I don't think that Henson or Romo are the answer.  So Blesoe gives them 3 to 4 years to find and groom the next franchise type QB.  I doubt that Bledsoe will take them very far in the playoffs, but wouldn't be suprised if he at least gets them there.

708654[/snapback]

I agree, I think Bledsoe is better than any of the Cowboys' other options. I know it was a ways back now, but lets not forget that he did lead a team to the Superbowl.

ya know, sometimes, as a broncos fan, i'm pretty non-plussed by jake plummer. but when i see the free agent "veteran QB" signings some other teams have made (and all the $$$ they've thrown in)...kordell stewart, jeff garcia, mark brunell, kurt warner, testaverde, bledsoe, and on down the list, i actually feel like i have to tip my hat to jake and mike shanahan a little .

ya know, sometimes, as a broncos fan, i'm pretty non-plussed by jake plummer.  but when i see the free agent "veteran QB" signings some other teams have made (and all the $$$ they've thrown in)...kordell stewart, jeff garcia, mark brunell, kurt warner, testaverde, bledsoe, and on down the list, i actually feel like i have to tip my hat to jake and mike shanahan a little .

708678[/snapback]

LMAO, those Qbs will make 1/4 of what jake makes and Dallas has as good of a shot at making it to the SB in 05 as the Pony's do.

LMAO, those Qbs will make 1/4 of what jake makes and Dallas has as good of a shot at making it to the SB in 05 as the Pony's do.

708701[/snapback]

Really...Let's see here Denvers O and D ended up in the top 5 at years end. Where was Dallas...If not for the tough AFC, there is no way Dallas and Denver are comparable, but since the NFC is so much easier...No, Denver has a much better shot at a visit to the SB than Dallas! :D

708701[/snapback]

pretty sure brunell, garcia, and bledsoe with buffalo all signed bigger (or at least as big) contracts as jake. kordell's and warner's may have been smaller, but were certainly worse in terms of value.

Is there a worse coach at developing young talent?  Maybe he can swing a Julius

708520[/snapback]

All you guys beating up Parcells. I didn't hear all this the year before or when he took teams from the garbage pile and turned them into contenders or superbowl champs. I think he may know just a little bit more than the average guy on this board as to how to cultavate young talent and revitalize the older talent he has a choice to bring in. Bledsoe will be ok if protected by the line and he has a decent w/r. I'm sure this will be a need they will address to help Bledsoe and the team. Everyone knew it would be a few years for the Cowboys to rebuild, don't expect miracles.

I simply cannot fathom or understand the rationale behind starting a 60 year old QB all of last year.

708661[/snapback]

:D simple exaggeration sometimes makes for the best humor

Eddie George.

708334[/snapback]

They shouldn't have drafted Quincy Carter in the second round when he was projected as a fifth rounder.  Now, they got nothing.  Bledsoe is just slightly better than nothing.  Slightly.

708402[/snapback]

I really can't believe that everyone thinks that Bill Parcells suddenly lost his grasp on the game...this after everyone considered him one of the greatest of all time after he brought Dallas from 5-11 to 10-6 in his first season, just one year ago. People don't just lose their knowledge of the game that quickly. I've said this before and I'll say it again, from everything that I've heard and believe, Eddie George wasn't a Bill Parcells move, it was a Jerry Jones one...and Parcells didn't draft Quincy Carter for that matter either (I know you aren't saying that he did Hook, I'm just using your quotes because they're convenient).

Do you think Julius Jones will see 8 man fronts now that the statue is back there?? Parcells also wants to go to a 3-4 on D and the Cowboys simply don't have the personal, which in essence nullifies the extra first round pick they have because it creates more holes to fill. Nice strategy Parcells.

708422[/snapback]

I think unquestionably Jones will have more success with Drew Bledsoe behind center than with Drew Henson back there. :D

Bledsoe can only help the Cowboys next season. He is 8 years younger then Vinny and will provide them with more opportunities to win games. They may not make the playoffs but they will play better fundamental football IMHO.

708480[/snapback]

Agreed. I don't think Vinny was the main problem last year, but he did throw several picks at very inopportune times...he probably cost them 2-3 games with those poorly timed turnovers, at least Bledsoe should be able to improve on Vinny in that area.

I like the move.  Bledsoe is the best thing QB that Dallas could possibly get as a FA.  He is a definite improvement over Vinny.  I don't think that Henson or Romo are the answer.  So Blesoe gives them 3 to 4 years to find and groom the next franchise type QB.  I doubt that Bledsoe will take them very far in the playoffs, but wouldn't be suprised if he at least gets them there.

708654[/snapback]

I agree with you Perch. If Quincy Carter can take them to the playoffs, I think Bledsoe certainly can, especially with their improved running game.

Last year, Dallas's offense averaged 18.31 points a game. This was actually a slight improvement from 2003 (18.06), and keep in mind that they were essentially without Julius Jones for their first 9 games, and without Glenn for 10.

Keyshawn can still be productive as a possession guy, they just some speed opposite him, but if Mrs. Terry Glenn can stay on the field and/or Quincy Morgan develop a little bit, then I don't think that their receivers are in nearly as bad shape as some do...especially not if Witten can continue to improve as well.

Now their defense is what they really need to focus on, and I'm sure that Bill will. Last year they gave up an average of 25.31 points a game...that's up from 16.25 the year before! That's the single biggest factor for their swing from 10-6 to 6-10...with all the parity in today's NFL, *if they can get their defense this year back to something resembling 2002's, then I bet they win 10+ games and find themselves back in the playoffs.

Edited by Skrappy1

Cultivate Talent?????

Did I read that earlier in a post? Who has Bill cultivated in Dallas so far? Jason Witten is pretty good, but he was expected to be good. Julius Jones looks good so far but again, he was a second round pick. Roy Williams, good season, not so good season, but a high draft pick. Terrence Newman, high draft pick but sure didn't look good last year. Who has been cultivated here???To cultivate is to take some raw player without a blue ribbon pedigree and make them something special so my answer is NOBODY. Hell, Bill won't even stick his young guys on the field or suit them up in some casses.

This team would have been 2-14 in the AFC last year. I don't care if their point total went up a smidgen. Almost any teams point total will go up when they have a horrible defense. You have to open up your offense when your trailing.

Bledsoe.

I'm not as dark on this acquisition as some, but what is the point here? Bledsoe isn't going to be here when this gets to have solid deep playoff potential. I don't want to hear about Bledsoe grooming anybody either. That's why you have a solid head coach and a solid quarterbacks coach. This whole ideal of a QB grooming a young QB is way overrated in my book. Regardless, Bledsoe is an upgrade I believe over Vinnie and most of the other guys available. Buffalo did play some nice ball last year and with the type of offense Bill will run I think it's an okay fit. Jerry will press for Henson to get playing time this year if Bledsoe is even close to being as predictable for mis-cues as Vinnie was late in the game last year. The reality is Dallas can't develop a QB and that sucks.

This team is in dire need of help in every area and getting a bunch of old guys is not the way to do it. Parcells is not the genius, that title belongs to Bill Belichick. Where would Big Bill have been without him?

Really...Let's see here Denvers O and D ended up in the top 5 at years end.  Where was Dallas...If not for the tough AFC, there is no way Dallas and Denver are comparable, but since the NFC is so much easier...No, Denver has a much better shot at a visit to the SB than Dallas! :D

708747[/snapback]

Their top 5 D mustve stayed on the plane when the colts were tea bagging the D that was on the field in the playoffs