[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where does Moose go?

Swampnuts

Any opinions out there now that Muhammad has been dropped?

My guess is Philadelphia, with the Giants, Redskins, or Falcons having an outside shot.

Moose lives in Charlotte and has since he was drafted, he won't want to leave the East coast. He'll want to go to a program with upside, so that bodes well for Philly and Atlanta.

Philly's got the cash, the need, and the team to pull Moose in.

What's the feeling out there? :D

Philly is going to sign a wide out and I wouldn't be suprised if it is Muhammed. Mitchell is probably going to be let go and I wouldn't be suprised if Pikston is demoted. Don't be suprised if the birds sign a RB either. Word around here has it that they might be trying to get their hands on Davenport or Jordan. I would prefer Davenport as he would be a nice compliment to Westbrook in Philly's backfield. TO, Muhammed and G Lewis with Pinkston as the 4 reciever would be sweet. And with Westbrook as the scat back and Davenport picking up the tough yards, the Eagles would be a super bowl contender again next year with no question.

The Eagles will take a RB with one of their early picks this year in the draft.. So, a FA RB might not happen.. But bet the house on a WR..

I would also be happy with that T.J. Housemenzhada(sp?) if they can't land Muhammed.

"Da Bears"

Heard on ESPN radio Da Bears & MyHammy have agreed on a deal in principle.

Also local Chicago Radio - WSCR/The Score - says that MyHammy and the Bears have agreed in principle to a contract.

No links yet.

Edited by Big Score 1

Lenny P on ESPN radio:

MyHammy and the Da Bears reached agreement at 3 am this morning on a multi year contract.

$5-6 Mil per year with a $9-10 Mil signing bonus.

Edited by Big Score 1

as a bears fan, i love the fact that this move opens up the draft for them a little bit. on the other hand, i'm not completely convinced moose can be a #1 for a full season. i hope he performs at a high level and this turns out to be a good move. we (bears fans) keep waiting for this team to turn around. every year, it seems like we get a little closer, then something goes wrong. hope this move helps go towards success.

"INDIANAPOLIS -- For wide receiver Muhsin Muhammad, released Friday afternoon by the Carolina Panthers, the stay in the NFL unemployment line was a brief one.

Less than 12 hours after the Panthers terminated Muhammad's contract, rather than pay him a $10 million roster bonus, the veteran wide receiver and the Chicago Bears reached an agreement in principle on a multi-year deal, ESPN.com has learned. There remains some work to be done on contract language and distribution of funds, sources said, but the two sides are in accord on all key parameters of the deal."

ESPN linky.

Good for Moose, but Chicago overpaid on this one.

Moose is a good receiver, but he has had only two standout years and they were both contract years.

But Moose is light years ahead of any WR on the Bears roster. Will they still draft Braylon Edwards now??

712892[/snapback]

I hope they don't draft Edwards. I want A.J. Smith to do that!!! :D

Good for Moose, but Chicago overpaid on this one.

Moose is a good receiver, but he has had only two standout years and they were both contract years.

But Moose is light years ahead of any WR on the Bears roster. Will they still draft Braylon Edwards now??

712892[/snapback]

Agreed that they were overpaid, but they were also desperate. I think they might draft Edwards as well because (1) Moose is old and (2) they don't have anything resembling a decent #2 WR.

Agreed that they were overpaid, but they were also desperate.  I think they might draft Edwards as well because (1) Moose is old and (2) they don't have anything resembling a decent #2 WR.

713192[/snapback]

Gotta give credit to you Bill, you called this deal two weeks ago.

I thought for sure he was going to Philly.

here's a situation where I'm glad the vikes didn't over pay. Minnesota clearly needs to replace Moss with some talent and they're in the best "cap shape" of any team in the league right now. 35 mil under the cap prior to moving Moss, I believe. :D..... and moving him opens up a ton more.

Muhammed is good but not that good. Derrick Mason is the real prize IMO..... and with Muhammed getting that kinda coin, Mason will hit the motherload. :eek: Hopefully in minney. :D

Edited by Down Goes Frazia

Agreed that they were overpaid, but they were also desperate.  I think they might draft Edwards as well because (1) Moose is old and (2) they don't have anything resembling a decent #2 WR.

713192[/snapback]

I don't think getting Moose will make any difference to their draft plans. My bet is they will still go for Edwards. Like Bill said, they had zero receivers before today. They need two at least.

Wouldn't surprise me to see the cheapskates trade down, though.

Unless I am grossly mistaken, Moose doesnt get the 10 mil., that was part of his old contract, and since he was released, no longer in effect, right? So, we don;t know what the Bears paid yet, right?

713399[/snapback]

The six-year contract can be worth as much as $30 million. It includes $12 million in total guarantees, and the first three seasons are worth $16 million.

We all know these $100 mil contracts for Peyton and Vick and $50+ mil for LT & Portis are just so much fluff and PR. The guaranteed money in those contracts is where it's at. So the headline about MyHammy's contract being worth 30 mil is nice and all, but the real money for him is what's guaranteed and that 12 mil in guarantees says it all

Here's the link to the story at ESPN which I provided earlier in this thread.

Check it out Rovers.

Actually, I think Da Bears messed up when they shipped Booker to the Phinz for O'Gun. Shoulda kept Booker and traded A-Train instead and from my understanding, that's the guy who the Phinz really wanted anyway.

Instead they moved Booker for O'Gun, which means they now find themselves overpaying for a WR to replace him and they're still likely to loose A-Train, while getting nothing for him.

Brilliant move by Angelo. :D

The six-year contract can be worth as much as $30 million. It includes $12 million in total guarantees, and the first three seasons are worth $16 million.

713585[/snapback]

So about $5 mil a year for a guy who over the past 7 years has averaged 70 catches, 1000 yds and 6 tds?

I've seen FAR worse deals. At worst, Muhammad seems to be a nice possession WR who can be a security blanket for a young QB like Grossman. At first blush, I'd predict about 65-900-6 for him, which is a step up from last year's Bear WRs.