[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where does Moose go?

Swampnuts

At first blush, I'd predict about 65-900-6 for him, which is a step up from last year's Bear WRs.

713618[/snapback]

I might add almost collectively.

Bears Rec.

111 recep. 1561 yds. 3 :D TD's

Plus he can block.

Derrick Mason is the real prize IMO..... and with Muhammed getting that kinda coin, Mason will hit the motherload. :eek: Hopefully in minney. :D

713365[/snapback]

You really think Mason has that much value? My opinion is that his best years are definitely behind him. He' not getting any younger either.

So about $5 mil a year for a guy who over the past 7 years has averaged 70 catches, 1000 yds and 6 tds?

I've seen FAR worse deals. At worst, Muhammad seems to be a nice possession WR who can be a security blanket for a young QB like Grossman. At first blush, I'd predict about 65-900-6 for him, which is a step up from last year's Bear WRs.

713618[/snapback]

Dang! He's eerily similar to Booker, isn't he? :bigshock:

Well.....except for the price tag and age, that is. :D

You really think Mason has that much value?  My opinion is that his best years are definitely behind him.  He' not getting any younger either.

713621[/snapback]

Mason has been more consistently productive on a year-to-year basis for the past 5 years or so. Muhammad has been up and down and a bit injury prone as well.

I'd say both hold their value fairly well, since neither really bases his game on speed. Losing a step isn't as big a deal to them as it would be to, say, a Marvin Harrison.

The six-year contract can be worth as much as $30 million. It includes $12 million in total guarantees, and the first three seasons are worth $16 million.

We all know these $100 mil contracts for Peyton and Vick and $50+ mil for LT & Portis are just so much fluff and PR. The guaranteed money in those contracts is where it's at. So the headline about MyHammy's contract being worth 30 mil is nice and all, but the real money for him is what's guaranteed and that 12 mil in guarantees says it all

Here's the link to the story at ESPN which I provided earlier in this thread.

Check it out Rovers.

713585[/snapback]

Sorry, I missed the link, but I was responding to at least one post that indicated he would still get the 10 mil bonus. The way the new contract is described is still hard to inerpret, at least for me it is. Mushin is what, 30 or so? A nine year vet? So, we know he doesnt play that long, not for the six years of the contract. How the 12 million in garantees gets distributed isnt explained.... is that money, the garanteed part, all in the first three years, part of the 16 mil? Without knowing how that is distributed, and how much of the first 3 years are based on incentives?

Why sign a 6 year deal with a WR who is in his thirties? Maybe, the 12 mil gets paid at 2 mil a year, for 6 years? Setting him up for when he retires?

In any case, it doesnt sound like the Bears grossly overpaid. Sure, Mason is the better reciever, and about the same age.

Why sign a 6 year deal with a WR who is in his thirties? Maybe, the 12 mil gets paid at 2 mil a year, for 6 years? Setting him up for when he retires?

In any case, it doesnt sound like the Bears grossly overpaid. Sure, Mason is the better reciever, and about the same age.

713724[/snapback]

I think you're right. I'm sure it's spread out to make it cap friendly and he's not getting any younger. I'd like to know how the guaranteed part is spread out though.

This is a nice addition for the Bears.  I still think they need more WR help, but this is a great start and helps me out in my dynasty league.  I'm thinking of keeping Jones!!!!

714444[/snapback]

I still say if they can get Williams from Texas, they should do it. If Edwards is there, take him. If not, I think they may be willing to gamble on Williams from USC. He ran pretty good over the weekend and plays "big".

if mush is 30, he could play out the balance of the contract. rb's are usually finished at 32-33 but wr's can play to 35-36. at what level, will remain to be seen. good pickup for the bears since their best wr's are guys named wade and gage. i personally liked booker more. it might have something to do with the way i saw booker light up the bucs one day at raymond james. he constantly had separation from the db and that is an uncanny knack to have. now booker has no one throwing to him from miami instead of chicago. at least its warm down there. grossman is the key though....imo. must develop, and pretty darn fast too.

if mush is 30, he could  play out the balance of the contract.  rb's are usually finished at 32-33 but wr's can play to 35-36.  at what level, will remain to be seen.  good pickup for the bears since their best wr's are guys named wade and gage.  i personally liked booker more.  it might have something to do with the way i saw booker light up the bucs one day at raymond james.  he constantly had separation from the db and that is an uncanny knack to have.  now booker has no one throwing to him from miami instead of chicago.  at least its warm down there.  grossman is the key though....imo.  must develop, and pretty darn fast too.

714683[/snapback]

They'll thrust Berrian into the starting lineup, and the key to this pick up is who they get in the draft, since they just cut ties with Terrell today.

You really think Mason has that much value?  My opinion is that his best years are definitely behind him.  He' not getting any younger either.

713621[/snapback]

He just caught 96 for 1168 and 7 TDs with Volek at QB for a good portion of the season. I'd say he still has 2-3 years left at least, although once an NFL player hits 30 he can decline fast.