[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mason a Raven

rajncajn

-- Ravens; Mason Agree to Contract --

Wed Mar 2, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

The Baltimore Ravens official website reports free-agent WR Derrick Mason and the Ravens have agreed in principle to a multi-year deal, giving Baltimore the big-play wideout it has lacked for years. Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome announced the five-year deal at a Wednesday afternoon press conference.

Doh, beat me to it.

Mason, Heap, and Lewis will make an awsome threesome. If Boller can only slightly improve, the offense may finally move up.

Now we need a cornerback, a right tackle and possibly a center. Hopefully Ozzie can work his magic.

In addition to be an outstanding wr, Mason is a great punt returner. The titans tried to get away from letting him return kicks because of fear of injury, but he was so good at it, he was impossible to replace. Mason is also very good in the locker room and in the community. Heck of a pickup by the Ravens here..

In addition to be an outstanding wr, Mason is a great punt returner.  The titans tried to get away from letting him return kicks because of fear of injury, but he was so good at it, he was impossible to replace.  Mason is also very good in the locker room and in the community.  Heck of a pickup by the Ravens here..

717951[/snapback]

I agree, Mason is a stud and the only WR I really wanted us to sign. Moss and Burress are both nutjobs. Moss would have taken too much in trade and Burress would have wanted near Mason money.

We have a punt returner, so we should be able to use him as a WR only.

This upgrades the entire Ravens 'offense'. Maybe after week three I can take the quotes off of offense.

Mason is also very good in the locker room and in the community.  Heck of a pickup by the Ravens here..

717951[/snapback]

Mason is an outstanding citizen. Should fit in nicely right alongside Ray and Jamal Lewis!!!!

Edited by Swashbucklers

Perhaps the cold manner the Pats are handling contracts and veterans has finally run it's course????

Below is from the Boston Herald

According to an NFL Network report, the Patriots offered Mason more money than the Ravens, who won out with a five-year deal worth $20 million (including a $7 million signing bonus). Mason visited the Pats and underwent a physical Tuesday, a situation that caused Ravens officials to wonder if Mason would even make it down to Baltimore.

When people report 'more money', you have to wonder if they understand the way NFL contrats work.

If I offer you a 7 year $100 million contract with 80% of it in the last 4 years, you know you'll never see that money, even though it is 'more' than a contract you might take.

Wonder what the specifics of the New England contract where.