[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Braylon Edwards

broncosn05

In one dynasty league I'm in, I just traded down in the rookie draft from 1.1 to 1.4 (I also got Santana Moss in the deal). This league heavily favors WRs (1 pt per recept., and easily acheiveable bonuses), so I was gonna take Braylon #1 overall. I think the other owners in the league might not see it as favoring the WRs as I do, so I'm hoping they go RB,RB,RB w/ Brown, Benson, and Cadillac anyway.

In one dynasty league I'm in, I just traded down in the rookie draft from 1.1 to 1.4 (I also got Santana Moss in the deal).  This league heavily favors WRs (1 pt per recept., and easily acheiveable bonuses), so I was gonna take Braylon #1 overall.  I think the other owners in the league might not see it as favoring the WRs as I do, so I'm hoping they go RB,RB,RB w/ Brown, Benson, and Cadillac anyway.

722601[/snapback]

Awesome I thought I was :D

He murdered a conference with absolutely zero good corners. He's tall, he's fast, he's never had to run a decent route or fight for a ball in his life. He may become something someday, but he's skated on talent for way too long to come in and make an impact.

Peace

policy

He murdered a conference with absolutely zero good corners.  He's tall, he's fast, he's never had to run a decent route or fight for a ball in his life.  He may become something someday, but he's skated on talent for way too long to come in and make an impact.

Peace

policy

722649[/snapback]

O.K., then I want Williams. :D

He murdered a conference with absolutely zero good corners.  He's tall, he's fast, he's never had to run a decent route or fight for a ball in his life.  He may become something someday, but he's skated on talent for way too long to come in and make an impact.

Peace

policy

722649[/snapback]

Not only that, he'll probably wind up in Chicago, which is the kiss of death to any receiver. :D

Peace

policy

722649[/snapback]

I don't think the pro scouts overlook such things as that.

I don't think the pro scouts overlook such things as that.

723033[/snapback]

Sure they do. They see the size, the athleticism, the hands, and say "We can teach him everything else." Sometimes they're right, sometimes not. Either way, it's very very rare that a WR comes in and makes an impact right away, regardless of physical tools.

Peace

policy

Sure they do.  They see the size, the athleticism, the hands, and say "We can teach him everything else."  Sometimes they're right, sometimes not.  Either way, it's very very rare that a WR comes in and makes an impact right away, regardless of physical tools.

Peace

policy

723156[/snapback]

That is what I am saying! Braylon comes in immediately and starts putting up #s

Sure they do.  They see the size, the athleticism, the hands, and say "We can teach him everything else."  Sometimes they're right, sometimes not.  Either way, it's very very rare that a WR comes in and makes an impact right away, regardless of physical tools.

Peace

policy

723156[/snapback]

Still dropping knowledge.

So, you are saying that Braylon Edwards will win the NFL rookie of the year award, and set new rookie records for yardage and TD's? Surpassing Boldin's numbers of last year, and blowing away the numbers Rice put up in '85? Be in the top 3 WR's in the NFL next year, as a rookie? Yer on drugs, son. Derned good drugs, too.

Not only that, he'll probably wind up in Chicago, which is the kiss of death to any receiver.  :D

722654[/snapback]

You'd think the Bears would have learned to stay away from Michigan receivers after the David Terrell fiasco. Terrell looked just as good as Edwards while at Michigan too.

As a matter of fact Michigan receivers are normally busts in the NFL (Terrell, Derrick Alexander - couple of productive years, Desmond Howard, Tai Streets, Mercury Hayes). Amani Toomer has been relatively successful though.

I hope Edwards is good, but no way does he put up the numbers that Broncos is thinking..

A lot of people, myself included, felt the same way about Reggie Williams last year. I'm not saying the guy is a bust yet, but he certainly didn't produce in his first season. Personally I think a lot of it has to do with situation.

you are crazy for thinking he will put up 1400 yds and 14 t.d.s. without knowing which team he is going to. when you make such ridiculous claims, aaahhh forget it. let me know if you want a bet on either your yardage or t.d. speculations. i'm sure he falls short on both accounts. even if he ends up in a perfect situation like minnesota.

As a matter of fact Michigan receivers are normally busts in the NFL (Terrell, Derrick Alexander - couple of productive years, Desmond Howard, Tai Streets, Mercury Hayes).  Amani Toomer has been relatively successful though.

723250[/snapback]

I would have to agree with this statement whole-heartedly. Michigan receivers tend to toil in relative obscurity after draft day. It seems odd that highly rated Big Ten players tend to do this (i.e. Ron Dayne, Ki-jana Carter, David Terrell).