[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

David Terrell to the Giants? Possibly

Bree22

http://www.nypost.com/sports/giants/41139.htm

As a Giants fan I am kind of intrigued by this.

1st, he will come alot cheaper then Burress.

2nd, He was a star at Michagan and has made some very tough catches in his short NFL career

3rd, he hasn't had a very good QBs in the 4yrs he's been.

Now with a new start and a talented QB maybe he will live up to his 8th overall selection. Hey can't be any worst then what we had last year. Right? :D

I know that he has good hands but is he known for his speed, route running abilities at all?

This makes a lot of sense for the Giants. They had to do something, and while Terrel has been an incredible disappointment,sometimes a change in teams brings out the best in a player who has proven thus far to be a failure. Also a good point is that he hasnt had a real QB throwing the ball to him. Interesting....

I have mixed feelings. While he does have talent he hasn't come close to the expectations everyone had for him. Ya, I know there hasn't been a quality QB throwing to him but, he should be able to show some flashes of his ability. Look at Roy Williams a rook that had Harrington throwing to him. You can see the kid has got talent and eventually will turn in some great performances. I do hope if this happens the change of QBs and scenery brings out in him what Chicago didn't. I guess it could go either way.

Edited by jgcoach

http://www.nypost.com/sports/giants/41139.htm

Now with a new start and a talented QB maybe he will live up to his 8th overall selection.  Hey can't be any worst then what we had last year.  Right?  :D

734430[/snapback]

Who is the talented Qb the gnats have. eli, are you kiddin, he looked horrible last yr. If his last name wasnt Manning, hed have never gone in round 1, and would have been benched after about 5 of those pathetic performances. You know NY is kicking themself in the ass for giving up 2 1s plus for him, when they could have got Rivers or Roth for their #1, and told SD to go screw themselves after they drafted eli.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

No way can a judgement be made yet on Manning lite. He had NO o line, and NO recievers, except for Shockey. Even Big Ben started to look like a rookie last year. Not a Giants homer, but I think Manning will be at the least, a good QB eventually. To early to pronounce him dead, that's for sure.

Who is the talented Qb the gnats have.  eli,  are you kiddin, he looked horrible last yr. If his last name wasnt Manning, hed have never gone in round 1, and would have been benched after about 5 of those pathetic performances.  You know NY is kicking themself in the ass for giving up 2 1s plus for him, when they could have got Rivers or Roth for their #1, and told SD to go screw themselves after they drafted eli.

734569[/snapback]

Little early to say the guy sucks. What has Rivers done to say he was a better pick. And I hope Roth plays better next year then he did the end of last year. Otherwise Pitt is in big trouble.

Although Manning didn't do much his first year. IMO it takes at least 4 years before a QB really figures things out. Even the best QB in history (Elway) took most of 4 years to develop. :D

Terrell is the last thing as anything of an answer for the Gnats woes....believe Burress is ever so close to signing there...felt the market and the market said too much of a price....Burress fired his agent to kiss and make up with the Giants...IMO.....like Manning alot better with Burress than Terrell......Terrell is through unless he goes to someone like the Patriots...it would take that much talent to cover up for his lack of talent....

Listen to me right now...Terrell is terrible. I've had to sit here and watch this Bears "offense" the last few years, and beleive me, Terrell is as big a part of the failure here in Chicago as anyone. He lacks speed and I would guess to say that he is one of the league leaders in dropped balls. He never came through with a big catch when the Bears needed one...ever. I know he hasn't had the greatest QBs around him, but that is NO excuse for him to drop as many balls as he did. The guy goes nuts when he makes a first down, and it's no wonder because it happens so infrequently. The man is a headcase and good luck to whoever signs him.

Show me where I said he sucked, I said he was terrible last yr.  My point is he isnt Peyton, and never will be close, and without the Manning name, he wouldnt have been drafted #1 overall.  NY overpaid to get him when they could have taken Rivers or Roeth, whom both I think will have much better careers than Eli.

735710[/snapback]

Maybe it's open for interpretation but when you use phrases like "looked terrible" and "pathetic performances" I don't think it's unreasonable to believe you think he sucks.

Then you went on to suggest Rivers would be better. Maybe I missed the games Rivers played in?

Bottom line is nobody know for sure how good any of them will be yet. Let's pick this up again in 3-4 years and see who made the mistake.

Maybe it's open for interpretation but when you use phrases like "looked terrible" and "pathetic performances" I don't think it's unreasonable to believe you think he sucks.

Then you went on to suggest Rivers would be better.  Maybe I missed the games Rivers played in?

Bottom line is nobody know for sure how good any of them will be yet.  Let's pick this up again in 3-4 years and see who made the mistake.

735965[/snapback]

I will say it. He looked like a dear in headlights. He didn't show an ounce of leadership. He sucked. Could he get better, sure. And I am sure he will – but you cannot say that he did not suck.

Sure he started when Rivers didn't, but Sandi had the luxury (Breeze) to let Rivers come into his own. Further, Rivers held out. Must be nice to have dad dictate your contract and team demands for you.

If Rivers had come from a football dynasty who dictated how things were going to go, he may have started as well.

I will say it.  He looked like a dear in headlights.  He didn't show an ounce of leadership.  He sucked.  Could he get better, sure.  And I am sure he will – but you cannot say that he did not suck. 

Sure he started when Rivers didn't, but Sandi had the luxury (Breeze) to let Rivers come into his own.  Further, Rivers held out.  Must be nice to have dad dictate your contract and team demands for you.   

If Rivers had come from a football dynasty who dictated how things were going to go, he may have started as well.

736029[/snapback]

Someone's been drinking a little too much coffee already. :D

Listen, I don't deny he was struggling pretty bad. I never have. I think your characterization of him is over the top and possibly colored by your contempt regarding the draft day BS. Get over it already. The kid showed improvement in each game and I think he will be fine. Will he ever be Peyton? Probably not, but who else is?

My ONLY point is that is too early to judge any of the three.

Ben had a great run, but even he looked mortal the last few games.

Rivers never played.

Eli struggled badly, but I think he started to come around.

Like I said before, get back to me in 3-4 years and we can have a factual argument regarding who was the best of the three. Until then, we can only speculate.

Then you went on to suggest Rivers would be better.  Maybe I missed the games Rivers played in?

Bottom line is nobody know for sure how good any of them will be yet.  Let's pick this up again in 3-4 years and see who made the mistake.

735965[/snapback]

exactly. I was only basing my statement on his name, scouting reports and that his brother had worst stats his first year in the league. I am not saying that Eli will even be good next year but I would assume that by year 3 he will be above avg if he is given an offensive line to protect him and at least half way decent offensive weapons. Look Reggie Wayne and Brandon Stokley are not top 10 or 20 WRs but there numbers are, because there QB and offensive scheme are.

As I said, I expect him to get better.

And the draft day BS - yup, that is what it is all about. He did poorly, but I would expect any rookie to do poorly. This is all about what all happened. It is hard not to root against a guy who came into the league in the way he did.

He does seem pretty mouselike though. Not a good quality for a QB.

edited to say: and for your information, this morning has been all about the mint green-tea. mmmmm, mint green tea.

Edited by Duchess Jack

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=2015570

Burress is back visiting the Giants. he took a physical first thing when he arrived. Do you think he came to reason that the Giants offer is the best offer that he is going to get?

Do you think Burress is a better sign than Terrell? Being that Terrell would cost a lot less. I know Burress is a better receiver.

Now that Plax is in NY I think the Lions should bring Terrell in for a chat. Tell him plainly "We are bringing you in to be our #3WR are you OK with that?" If he hesitates at all,hems or haws for half a second then kick his a** out the door. If he eagerly says he's just looking for a shot to show he can play in this league...blah,blah,blah....then sign him cheap and let's have at it!!!

Hiliard is departed--Gnats got Willie Ponder, Tim Carter and David Tyree all with 3 years NFL experience and Jamaar Taylor with 2 years...they have a great young nucleus and can't see getting a problem child with a big ego coming in a s a number 3 WR----starters Plaxico-Toomer and Shockey....3 WR sets Carter, Ponder, Tyree and Taylor....open up the competition in camp for the WR3 spot and let the best young WR step up...worst case scenario get a rookie in the 4th or 5th round or go get Troy Brown--he's better than Terrell IMO!!!! :D

Man, why don't the Giants just bring David Terrell and Travis Taylor in. Tell them 'you both suck, who will sign the for league minimum'.

word to that raven fan. I was high on Travis Taylor but the guy could not stay healthy. Unfortunately Terrel has no excuse and just struggled to compete in the NFL. My boy who saw terrel play in college all the time said he would suck in the nfl and that sentiment is gospel. Burres is bit bigger adn unlike terrel excels in the redzone. Burress at times was dominant in the redzone and is goign to be a perfect fit for the giants. Hmmm. Lets see not only is tiki a threat to score td's you have shockey and burress running around in the endzone.

2005 giants are goign to score a lot of points

Eli was solid in the last few games especially against dallas. And hopefully you haven't forgotten roethlisberger's wretched performances int eh playoffs. Cut the guy some slack his o-line sucked and he was a rookie. He definately made strides. he's as good as roethlisberger. he had a qb rating of more than a 100 in 2 of his last 3 games.

He definately  made strides.  he's as good as roethlisberger.  he had a qb rating of more than a 100 in 2 of his last 3 games.

743214[/snapback]

He's probably better, that remains to be seen but, if he gets the chance to stay on his feet and throw the ball I think he'll excell. What people don't want to admitt is Ben didn't really do much last year. It was very conservitive in Pitt. and he really wasn't asked to carry the team. When he was on a couple occassions, you saw the result. Granted, he's a rookie in his first year and is entitled to those mistakes. I give him props for what he did but, people make him sound like the next coming...

Only time will tell.