[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP Salary Cap / Contract Dynasty League

After the Confusion auction ended 8 of the participants (and possibly 3 others) decided they wanted to do it again, but more complex. So Confusion Cubed (Exponentially More Confusing) was born. The details of the salary cap system are still being worked out, but the rules would be the same as confusion (Which are very similar to Fusion/DW). Initial player allocation will be by a slow message board auction (like confusion) but the money bid on a player will be his salary, and you will need to stay under the cap. This will be as close to the actual experience of running a franchise as fantasy football can get. Post here to be conisdered for the league.

snake draft, no auction.  And my interest would improve dramatically

840528[/snapback]

I'll defer to the majority but I think a snake draft diminishes the comparability of the league to a real football team and sounds like a pretty arduous task - drafting between 40 and 50 rounds (if in fact we keep the roster size similar to Fusion, DW, and ConFusion).

The biggest limitation there is to an auction at this point is timing. We might have to implement stricter auction bidding requirements...loftier minimum outbids, penalties for waiting "too long" to outbid, etc. If we're all confident we can do an auction and do it right, I would prefer that. If not, perhaps this should wait until next year and/or we do a snake draft.

Real football teams use a draft, not an auction to collect talent.  We finished 32 rounds for the handbook in about a week.  10-15 more rounds shouldnt take longer than another week, I would imagine. Its also not information overkill for those who only have time to check in throughout the day, rather than like myself, who live here all day.  I prefer a draft, as the strategy isnt the 1st and 2nd rounds, but instead the later rounds.  Auction could just pit owners against one another from having a better team than the other, which I never understood since your playing against everyone, not just 1 other owner all yr long.  And I dont have the patience to do another auction type league, because you constantly have to re-evaluate if you overspend here, you have to cut back there.  I love the detail, but not in June.

Just my .02, and for what its worth I wasnt even asked to participate.

840867[/snapback]

Sarge,

I think it would be great if you could participate, but again - it seems like the biggest hurdle to an auction is the timing. Nobody wants to be rushed and two-plus months is very optimistic to complete an auction, IMO. So may be we need to consider a draft this go-round and if we really want an auction, we can pencil it in for next year.

Sarge,

I think it would be great if you could participate, but again - it seems like the biggest hurdle to an auction is the timing. Nobody wants to be rushed and two-plus months is very optimistic to complete an auction, IMO. So may be we need to consider a draft this go-round and if we really want an auction, we can pencil it in for next year.

840874[/snapback]

I'm still on the fence regarding this league, but if it went to a draft, I'd definitely be in.

I have plenty of dynasty draft leagues. The appeal of this to me is the auction and the salary cap management. We can get it done quickly, I'll just tinker with the timing on the bids and raises. More like the confusion rookie draft than the vet draft as far as number of nominations. I'll get some details up tomorrow night most likely.

Real football teams use a draft, not an auction to collect talent. 

840867[/snapback]

Exactly. That was my thought as well.

I have to believe it wouldn't be too hard to add a salary cap element to the league after the draft. DW2 does it, after all. Not that I would want a league identical to DW2, but having a draft would be much more appealing to me. Plus, as Sarge said, it would be more like the real NFL -- use a draft to get players, then give them "salaries".

I would be possibly interested in another league, but as of now I'm in ALL IDP Dynasty leagues, and would like to be in a re-draft with IDPs. Dynasty leagues are the way to go, but I need a re-draft for some balance. :D Plus in year 2 of dynasties, you do have some turn-over when guys realize their team will suck. :D

Edited by Hitman