[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Regional foods of football cities

Kid Cid

the food which best represents detroit is a new york hotdog named after a place in new york? :D

674622[/snapback]

They're downstate cityfolk, what are you gonna do? They don't know any better...

Real Michigan food is stuff like venison sausage, perch, smoked whitefish, Upper Michigan pasties, etc, etc...the good stuff Detroiters are unfamiliar with.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BBQ would be correct for Kansas City, and more specifically ribs.

If you wan't to be realistic, order some origional BBQ sauce and rub from Arthur Bryant's, the stuff is amazing.

Awsome BBQ

1159081[/snapback]

I'm a Gates man myself, though a friend of mine makes the best ribs I've ever had, PERIOD.

I took a drunken fiesta down to Cincinnati in college.  Through the beer, I remember eating tons of  Skyline Chili. There were a ton of ways to order it.

The traditional Cincy chili is served without beans on a bed of spaghetti noodles with a mound of shredded cheese on top.

cool_thu

1426[/snapback]

Just had it 2 weeks ago when I was in Cincy. Good stuff. Especially when you drown it in their famous hot sauce.

Cleveland is pretty famous for it's "Stadium Mustard". I don't like mustard, but this stuff is great. Look here Stadium Mustard for more info.

1159703[/snapback]

Bertman's Rules!!

"For over 50 years, Bertman's Ball Park Mustard has been THE mustard served in Cleveland's Municipal Stadium (now Jacobs Field). This mildly spicy, brown mustard has won several awards including a Gold Medal at the Napa Valley Mustard Festival."

Clevelanders are divided on mustard. Bertman's is my choice over "Stadium Mustard." Both claim to have been used for 50 years at all the facilities blah blah blah, but I recall Bertman's at 'muni. Who can confirm? Loaf?

They differ in the amount of sugar used, I believe.

Just had Skyline Chili 2 weeks ago when I was in Cincy. Good stuff. Especially when you drown it in their famous hot sauce.

1159699[/snapback]

Didn't knock my socks off, but didn't suck.

It was what it was - nice generous portion, did like the hint of cinnamon in it; we have a comparable place here in Milwaukee called Real Chili.

New Orleans...MRE's  :D

Naww....we got some good chit down here. Pork/Chicken Jambalaya, Bacon wrapped venison back strap stuffed with pepper jack and jalapenos.  :D Alright...I'm hungry.

1159844[/snapback]

Off topic: I am sure someone already nominated you for the Ugliest Avatar in offseason Huddler Awards.

Bertman's Rules!!

"For over 50 years, Bertman's Ball Park Mustard has been THE mustard served in Cleveland's Municipal Stadium (now Jacobs Field). This mildly spicy, brown mustard has won several awards including a Gold Medal at the Napa Valley Mustard Festival."

Clevelanders are divided on mustard.  Bertman's is my choice over "Stadium Mustard."  Both claim to have been used for 50 years at all the facilities blah blah blah, but I recall Bertman's at 'muni.  Who can confirm?  Loaf?

They differ in the amount of sugar used, I believe.

1159937[/snapback]

I think Bertman's was in Muni. they're both awesome mustards

(2)Primanti Bros. sandwiches.  Basic sandwich (roast beef, corned beef, whatever) with tomatoes, french fries, and vinigrette cole slaw right on the sandwich.  Primanti Brothers

1404[/snapback]

:DStill pissed I missed out on Primantibros when I was in Ft. Lauderdale earlier this year. :D

Based on my travels to different cities:

Philadelphia - Cheesesteaks (Pat's if available)

1410[/snapback]

Pat's is not #1...I prefer Abners or Jims

Philly - Hot Roast Beef with gravy fries at Nick's Roast Beef...another to die for

1479[/snapback]

Good Info here

Time to bring this back to the top. I'm having issues because the wife hates cheesesteaks and everything to do with them. :D

672584[/snapback]

:oldrolleyes:

For Philly besides the usual. The original Nick's Roast Beef is a must. Then some Tasty Cakes for after.

672821[/snapback]

more good info here and add Herr's Potato Chips too(cant get them here in Wmsbg) :D

• 2 months later...

As of right now, I'm stoked. For Super Bowl LX I get to do something similar to Pramanti Bros. Sandwiches and it's looking like salmon. Any other Seattle dishes to be offered up?

Edited by Kid Cid

As of right now, I'm stoked. For Super Bowl LX I get to do something similar to Pramanti Bros. Sandwiches and it's looking like salmon. Any other Seattle dishes to be offered up?

1282278[/snapback]

Seafood is about the best you can do. Outside our great NW seafood, Seattle is all about pan-asian / hawaiaan / etc fusion.

Philly

Hot Roast Beef with gravy ( top of the round)

Meat Ball Sandwhiches ( home made)

Hot Wings

Hoagies

Ribs

Oh and Pat's Steaks are terrible!

Edited by NSab