[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

An angry Bears fan finally spouts off....

Pope Flick

The Bears rolled into the FA period with 17mil before the cap got extended. They have a defense coming off a Super Bowl caliber year (that failed to make the team bu for the playoffs) that is signed with the exception of Lance Briggs until the end of 2007.

They built line depth last year on both sides. They simply need added depth on the offensive side, with capable but inexpensive players. They REALLY needed a 2nd WR to complement Mush. They need another backup QB.

They need a solid return guy.

In my ideal world thaty would have signed:

Drummond for KR

McCown to compete with Grossman and Orton

David Givens as that #2 WR.

Archuleta, given their injuries at safety.

Vinatieri because their kicking game has been lame for the past few years.

Who have they signed? NOBODY. I didn't mind them losing Randle-El, simply because he's nowhere near worth what Snyder ponied up.

3 of those guys on the list will end up within the division playing against them (assuming the McCown signing happened in Det).

They could have signed all these guys and STILL had enough to sign their rookies.

flip you McCaskey, and Angelo - their GM who won't sign Lovie to an extension.

I'm pissed, and I'm not even drunk.

This sucks.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bears rolled into the FA period with 17mil before the cap got extended. They have a defense coming off a Super Bowl caliber year (that failed to make the team bu for the playoffs) that is signed with the exception of Lance Briggs until the end of 2007.

They built line depth last year on both sides. They simply need added depth on the offensive side, with capable but inexpensive players. They REALLY needed a 2nd WR to complement Mush. They need another backup QB.

They need a solid return guy.

Drummond for KR

Who have they signed? NOBODY. I didn't mind them losing Randle-El, simply because he's nowhere near worth what Snyder ponied up.

3 of those guys on the list will end up within the division playing against them (assuming the McCown signing happened in Det).

They could have signed all these guys and STILL had enough to sign their rookies.

flip you McCaskey, and Angelo - their GM who won't sign Lovie to an extension.

I'm pissed, and I'm not even drunk.

This sucks.

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

1373652[/snapback]

Can't argue with any of that. :D

You've mentioned a few big names on your wish list.  Maybe there's other players available on the cheap but as good.  Let Danny boy get the big names and the other teams get the results.

1373831[/snapback]

Givens is the only big name. Even if Vinatieri became the highest paid kicker in the game, that's still low enough for them to afford.

Who's 'big name' on this list? Archuleta?

I still think the Bears will make a run at Billy Volek to shore up their QB corps. The Titans will take a qb at 1.3. That will make Volek expendable with McNair re-signing for 2 more years. It only makes sense for them to go after someone of Voleks caliber, especially with the Titans shopping him. But the Bears management staff never does the logical thing, so I may be way off base here...

Givens is the only big name. Even if Vinatieri became the highest paid kicker in the game, that's still low enough for them to afford.

Who's 'big name' on this list? Archuleta?

1373860[/snapback]

I was thrilled with the Titans signing of Givens. You think the Bears wr corps was bad last year? Go take a look at the Titans roster. :D

Pope....these things won't change until the McASSKEYS sell, and that won't happen. I guess I just take it in stride....as I have been for 40+ freakin' years!!!! :D

For some reason, the Bears still have a stiffy for Grossman. WE NEED A BACK-UP QB! Orton just doesn't cut the mustard. Mush comes off being the top WR in the game to barely having TE numbers this year. Why? WE NEED A BACK-UP QB! We'll take BJohnson. He's proven himself as an asset to any team.

I do like Bradley as our #2. However, does he have himself the "fragile" tag along with Grossman and Brown? Either way, he will run routes like a rookie this year again. Givens would've fit in nicely. Make Bradley, Givens, and Berrian compete for that #2 slot. It just makes sense. We've got the $$$. Jurvicius or Bradford woulda been nice, too.

Archuletta would've been a waste in my book. McGowan filled in nicely during Brown's absence.

Vinateri would be money. Gould couldn't kick a 15 yard field goal if his life depended on it.

Bottom line: SCREW ANGELO!!!

For some reason, the Bears still have a stiffy for Grossman.  WE NEED A BACK-UP QB!  Orton just doesn't cut the mustard.  Mush comes off being the top WR in the game to barely having TE numbers this year.  Why?  WE NEED A BACK-UP QB!  We'll take BJohnson.  He's proven himself as an asset to any team. 

I do like Bradley as our #2.  However, does he have himself the "fragile" tag along with Grossman and Brown?  Either way, he will run routes like a rookie this year again.  Givens would've fit in nicely.  Make Bradley, Givens, and Berrian compete for that #2 slot.  It just makes sense.  We've got the $$$.  Jurvicius or Bradford woulda been nice, too.

Archuletta would've been a waste in my book.  McGowan filled in nicely during Brown's absence.

Vinateri would be money.  Gould couldn't kick a 15 yard field goal if his life depended on it.

Bottom line: SCREW ANGELO!!!

1374111[/snapback]

McGowan's injury from last year is lingering and they're concerned about it.

I wanted McCown: he could be the starter for 2 years while Orton goes back to the clipboard after which point I have faith in him. Kid's got moxie and WILL be good with a little more confidence built/drummed into him.

But the D being what it is, you have to strike to put yourself over the top.

I agree with you guys 100%. there is barely any Bears talk in town right now. It pisses me off that they aren't more active in FA talks. The only thing I disagree with the above statements is that we don't need a backup QB. We need a flippin starter. I still don't understand what the lovefest with Grossman is. I can't beleive that we are going into the next season with him as our primary guy. Hopefully we can make a move to acquire another QB. Grossman is a piece of glass. He, Kerry Wood, and Mark Prior are all the same person I swear. I don't know why Chicago likes to hang on to and invest in these injury prone guys for so long. Ugh!!!

There's still the June cuts, but my fear is that these cuts will be of lesser calibre players and like the Bears, there are other teams with cap room who have needs.

What we may see happening is that the Bears could get into bidding wars and end up over paying for even lesser guys, than have been signed so far.

That would really suck for the Bears, but I can easily see it happening. :D

I just thought of this:  Why don't the Bears pick up Griese?  I'm serious.

1374366[/snapback]

Ask and ye shall receive.

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Chicago Bears plan to visit with free agent QB Brian Griese (Buccaneers) perhaps as soon as the end of the weekend. If he signs with the Bears, Griese would begin as the No. 2 quarterback behind starting QB Rex Grossman, but eventually might push him for the starting job. Griese still is rehabilitating his left knee after tearing the ACL and MCL in an Oct. 16 game against the Miami Dolphins. He is expected to be ready for training camp but would have to pass a physical.

You can have Jamie Martin from my Lambs, since we are getting Ferotte...

1375125[/snapback]

Rams probably keep Martin, who didn't do all that bad in relief of Bulger.

Now Ryan Fitzsucks, he's the puke the Bears can have.

Drummond for KR

1373652[/snapback]

I'm not sure that they really need Drummond, unless he didn't command that much money.

At QB, I'd rather have a more experienced player like Kitna or Volek at QB. Griese's knee concerns me and Brad Johnson is too freaking old. McCown or Schaub wouldn't be horrible choices, but I'm not sure that either are NFL starter material.

Agreed about Givens but they didn't act quickly enough. They could use a vet with more speed, but T.O. is the only option there and there's no way in hell I'd want to see him in a Bears uniform.

Archuletta is a very good choice. I like Mike Brown, but the he's been way too banged up over the past four years. He's not a SS anyway.

And I'm totally with you on Vinatieri. Dude's money and he kicks well in the cold/snow.