[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My first mock of the year

DMD

McCallister slipping to #4 is certainly interesting.

1451741[/snapback]

That might be some what late (maybe), but how many of these running back would you not choose before him?

1.01 Tomlinson,Ladainian

1.02 Johnson,Larry

1.03 Alexander,Shaun

1.04 Barber,Tiki

1.05 Brown,Ronnie

1.06 Portis,Clinton

1.07 Johnson,Rudi

1.08 James,Edgerrin

1.09 Jordan,Lamont

1.10 Davis,Domanick

1.11 Williams,Carnell

1.12 McGahee,Willis

2.01 Westbrook,Brian

2.02 Jackson,Steven

2.05 Bush,Reggie

2.06 Jones,Kevin

2.07 Jones,Julius

2.10 Droughns,Reuben

3.02 Parker,Willie

3.09 Taylor,Chester

3.10 Bell,Tatum

3.12 Dunn,Warrick

4.03 Martin,Curtis

4.04 Addai,Joseph

4.07 Lewis,Jamal

4.08 Dillon,Corey

4.09 Jones,Thomas

:D

This is interesting though...

Edited by TheGrunt

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Thomas Jones really gonna fall that far in the draft because of Benson?

1451754[/snapback]

Is Benson really going to fall that far because of Jones?

Actually might end up a rather inexpensive package deal with nice payoff... :D

Is Benson really going to fall that far because of Jones?

Actually might end up a rather inexpensive package deal with nice payoff...  :D

1451755[/snapback]

I'm saying this because I would imagine the job is still Jones' to lose. That said though, Benson is gonna take carries from him no doubt. I love both guys and if something happens to the other, I'm looking at top 10 IMO.

Oh, was this a league where TE's and WR's are the same?

In leagues like this I won't draft him because he always goes to high,in leagues where a te is mandatory he is a beast.

1451701[/snapback]

Even when a TE is required, I'd wait. Granted he would give you an advantage over others, but I wouldn't jump out and grab Vinatieri early under that logic. I'd rather solidify the higher scoring positions first since TEs are more equivalent to #2 or 3 WRs.

It's different of course for leagues like HAG since you get an extra half point for TEs. I'd probably go 4th round at the earliest in that case.

So do I which is why I was diappointed to see someone else having such a high opinion of him. Not sure I like him #5 best, but I like him alot to be sure.

1451728[/snapback]

You give him 2/3 of Ricky's carries last year and he would of been good enough to be a 5 pick, it would not suprise me to see him go number 4 in many leagues with all the hype they are building for Miami, and as you said that is a bad thing for those of us targetting him thinking we would get a deal.

See, I must be really lucky. I get to keep 6 players and choose from this list:

Alexander, Shaun

Jones,Kevin

Holt,Torry

Williams,Roy

Foster,De'shaun

Palmer,Carson

Hasselbeck,Matt

I think my only choice to make is either Hasselbeck (a great backup QB until Palmer get healthy) or De'shaun Foster (not sure exactly how he will do next year). Anyone else have some insight to help out?

1451736[/snapback]

This is a tough 1, I would probably dump Hasslebeck.

I would keep an eye on Palmers progress though as much as I coulod before the draft.

Even when a TE is required, I'd wait. Granted he would give you an advantage over others, but I wouldn't jump out and grab Vinatieri early under that logic. I'd rather solidify the higher scoring positions first since TEs are more equivalent to #2 or 3 WRs.

1451762[/snapback]

Vinatieri? Does he outscore the players at his position like Gates does his? that is a horrible comparison. a better comparison would be do you know how good it is to have a guy at TE who plays as good as a number 1 WR?

That might be some what late (maybe), but how many of these running back would you not choose before him?

1451748[/snapback]

Everyone is thinking he's going to be amazing this year... Is no one giving any thought to the other Auburn back?  He did win the Rookie of the Year last year, and helped turn around a 5-11 team into a division champ.

1451738[/snapback]

Cadillac went 1.11. I still like Steven Jackson better than Ronnie but we'll see.

Thought that was too early and so did everyone else. He has a new QB this year so no way he should be drafted so much higher from the risk. Still the #1, but the TE's starting in the second like that? I don't much see it.

Be interesting to see how different this was from August drafts.

1451665[/snapback]

Maybe I am missing the boat here but I think that this year Shockey will be the #1 guy. Mostly because Brees is gone and gate has Rivers throwing to him. I like the balance on the Gianys offense. I also like Gonzo but feel that LJ will hawk a ton of TD this year.

gotta love Jamal in the 4th. :D

1451768[/snapback]

I noticed that too... not to mention the drops that other big names have taken like Randy Moss, and Brett Favre.

:D It's only MAY!!! I can't wait that long people!

gotta love Jamal in the 4th. :D

1451768[/snapback]

No you don't. After spending a #1 pick & having him be a complete waste of roster space all last season, I wouldn't love him in the 8th.

Maybe I am missing the boat here but I think that this year Shockey will be the #1 guy.  Mostly because Brees is gone and gate has Rivers throwing to him.  I like the balance on the Gianys offense.  I also like Gonzo but feel that LJ will hawk a ton of TD this year.

1452049[/snapback]

The S.D. offense is going to produce even if they start the year off with their 3rd string QB.

I like Shockey now, don't get me wrong, but he is just not as capable as Gates, plus even without Brees I think the Charger offense is head and shoulders above the Giants.

No you don't. After spending a #1 pick & having him be a complete waste of roster space all last season, I wouldn't love him in the 8th.

1452232[/snapback]

Can I please join a league with people who actually WANT Jamal Lewis?

please?

Gates went 3.01 in a recent mock I was in. Beginning of second round is friggin' nuts, but even start of 3rd is too early for him this year, IMO, esp. since guys like Marvin, R.Moss, R. Wayne, Boldin were still on the board.

Gates went 3.01 in a recent mock I was in. Beginning of second round is friggin' nuts, but even start of 3rd is too early for him this year, IMO, esp. since guys like Marvin, R.Moss, R. Wayne, Boldin were still on the board.

1452267[/snapback]

The separation between those guys is not as big as the difference between Gates and the next TE. Gates is the only TE in football who could be used as a weak number 1 WR or strong number 2 WR statistically. the rest of the TE's in leagues should not even be drafted in leagues where WR/TE are the same position.

Gates gives you a major edge over anyone else in fantasy football at that position, you cannot say that about any of the top WR's.

WHAT???

No Tavaris Jackson???????

:D

1452193[/snapback]

Just like the Vikings did, you can shock everyone by drafting in the 2nd round of your fantasy drafts this coming year. And just like with the Vikings, you can sit back and watch all of the unbelievers drool over his record setting production in every statistical category!

McCallister slipping to #4 is certainly interesting.

1451741[/snapback]

:D Why? It's pretty well documented that RBs in their forst season back after ACL surgery do not perform particularly well. I flat out cut him in a keeper league last year because I did not want to have to carry the dead weight on my roster for a couple of years.

Look at how long it took Edge to really get back to form.

Add to that the drafting of Reggie Bush, and I am not surprised at all. McAllister is on my "don't draft" list because I think there is a really good chance he will be a waste of a pick.