[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Come on Portis

budlitebrad

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would consider moving him into the top tier of rb's with the Big 3 of LJ, Alexander, and LT2. I think he has a real chance to lead the league in rushing and total yards. I would like to see his td totals increase. But this guy has the most upside, imo, of any rb in the league this year fantasy wise...

I would consider moving him into the top tier of rb's with the Big 3 of LJ, Alexander, and LT2. I think he has a real chance to lead the league in rushing and total yards. I would like to see his td totals increase. But this guy has the most upside, imo, of any rb in the league this year fantasy wise...

Agree. As a matter of fact, in one of my leagues I drew third position and am seriously considering Portis. I figure LT will be there, and you can't argue the Al Saunders effect should really help him. A balanced attack and a good offensive line. Just what you want from your #1 RB.

I can see him being one of the top 3 backs next year....

I have a feeling we won't look at one of the top 3 as optimistic as we see them now...

Agree. As a matter of fact, in one of my leagues I drew third position and am seriously considering Portis. I figure LT will be there, and you can't argue the Al Saunders effect should really help him. A balanced attack and a good offensive line. Just what you want from your #1 RB.

In that case, if you think you can still get Portis at 1.4, you should see if you can trade down 1 spot, at a premium of course with the guy behind you. Everyone wants to get one of the first three picks. you could probably demand ALOT to get the 1.4 guy to swap spots...

Thats why i traded him in my keeper league years ago, nothing i hate more than a Pus--sy who is always getting dinged and leaving the game early. How about we call that "Chris Brown Syndrome" seeing its his specialty!

MPulera,

Can you name me the NFL RB's that logged 350+ carries last year?

Shouldn't take you long, there were only four.

How about this one.

Over the last two years, name the NFL RB's to log at a least 340+ carries each year.

This should take you even less time, as there are only two.

MPulera,

How about this one.

Over the last two years, name the NFL RB's to log at a least 340+ carries each year.

Is one a ***** who is always getting dinged and leaves the game early and specializes in "Chris Brown Syndrome"? :D

MPulera,

How about this one.

Alexander, James, Barber and Portis

Just wanted to answer.

Sorry.

In that case, if you think you can still get Portis at 1.4, you should see if you can trade down 1 spot, at a premium of course with the guy behind you. Everyone wants to get one of the first three picks. you could probably demand ALOT to get the 1.4 guy to swap spots...

I've thought about that. Not much trading goes on in this league, unfortunately. As a matter of fact, the league has been in existence for about 7 years and there has not been one trade. Strange but true. :D

And it's a basic redraft league where the owners are all old high school and college buddies, which means we are all suspicious of getting "screwed over".

To be honest, we would have more success swapping wives than draft picks.

Edited by Chief Dick

X rays negative on Portis, going for MRI now.

Good News..........Left sholder X-Rays were Neg......

:D:D Now, somebody tell that dumbass that his job is to run the ball and not to tackle people! Did the play look bad when he went down?

:D:D Now, somebody tell that dumbass that his job is to run the ball and not to tackle people! Did the play look bad when he went down?

Not really. It was a hard hit and he put the db on his back, but it looked pretty straight and Klit'n just stayed down holding his left wrist. I think hes just banged it up. Well, I hope.

well...Portis is a redskin...so you already throw his decision making skills out the window..

at least he can relax the rest of the pre-season...he's obviously shown he's ready to play football at a high level this year..

Wow, that was insightful. Any other gems of wisdom for us on Portis or the Redskins? Yer ff wisdom is in high demand. Share more please.

It was a nice hit, he laid the guy out, but when he landed it was a little awkward. It looked like he landed on his wrist a little too. It was on the sideline so he could have just pushed him out of bounds.