[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone happen to have a CBSsportsline customer svc. telephone #?

drafter

I wish you the best of luck with your belated but extremely wise decision. CBSSportsline is not exactly well-reputed for their custom service & support, much less any though of any kind of refund.

BTW, myfantasyleague.com is still taking leagues for this season, and can establish retroactive scoring for games already played given your league scoring & schedule.

Edited by Bronco Billy

A league that I was in went though this about 3 or 4 years ago. We never really did get anywhere with them. We ended up moving our site to MFL in the middle of the season. It was a real pain in the ass but we have never looked back and are much better off for it.

Send email or post a message to the MFL support board. http://sidelineleagues.com/forums/index.php?showforum=2 Tell them your story and see if they can offer any easy solution to get you up to speed over there. Really, you will be happy that you made a move if they can help you out.

What happened that you are complaining on? Curious. I know this weekend there was definite access issues, but in general I've not experienced that many problems previously. I've used them for Baseball and Football for years. Tried ESPN last year and about flipped my lid with all the pain that league caused us.

T

What happened that you are complaining on? Curious. I know this weekend there was definite access issues,

Yes, there were, which I am sure caused many owners headaches as they were trying to adjust their line-ups based on pregame inactives, weather, etc. Even trying to access "gamecenter" was a headache..many people who CAN get to the site leave it open all day, which further limits new users being able to log-on.

Without exception, a fantasy football site should not have access issues. How hard can it be to enlarge the capability fo the site to allow for as many users as possible?

Is it too cost-prohibitive, even for CBS??? :D

CBS is ridiculous.I have been praising EA for the last 2 years and I stand buy that.Very little trouble in the way of getting onto the site.Customer service is rock solid.I e-mailed on an issue last week and had a legit,problem solving response in less than 6 hours.I have paid a total of $10.00 to use the site the last 2 seasons.There is always a certificate with an EA game to get the site for free.This year it was NFL Head Coach.I bought the code on E-bay for $2.00 last year and $8.00 this year.Leauge members appreciate it too,more cash to pay out at the end of the season.

Hands down they are the worst site for leagues period...

Half the time I try to look at scores the site takes forever to load and sometimes won't...the other times you go there and you get some message about the site having technical issues and to try again later...

Forget CBS...this is the last year they ever get my business...

Edited by alexgaddis

I've been a cbs user since '02 for both football and baseball, and never had any problems with it prior to this year. What started in baseball with a few minor scoring gliches has faaaar exceeded that for football. I don't even mind the slowness of the scoreboard at times, but there's NOTHING worse as a commish then getting your phone flooded with phone calls between 11 AM - 1 PM Sunday with guys panicing that the site is down and they cant make last mintue changes. They're really gonna have to get on the ball with this. I'm strongly considering moving our league to another site

As far as them being the worst, I couldn't disagree more. The IT dopes running the espn.com site migh t not have high school diplomas!

A league that I was in went though this about 3 or 4 years ago. We never really did get anywhere with them. We ended up moving our site to MFL in the middle of the season. It was a real pain in the ass but we have never looked back and are much better off for it.

Send email or post a message to the MFL support board. http://sidelineleagues.com/forums/index.php?showforum=2 Tell them your story and see if they can offer any easy solution to get you up to speed over there. Really, you will be happy that you made a move if they can help you out.

Not quite the same situation, but last year we started our local league about 5 weeks into the season due to Katrina. I emailed MFLs support & they were extremely helpful in getting my league set up for the season.

Yes, there were, which I am sure caused many owners headaches as they were trying to adjust their line-ups based on pregame inactives, weather, etc. Even trying to access "gamecenter" was a headache..many people who CAN get to the site leave it open all day, which further limits new users being able to log-on.

I always leave it open once I am in....that way I can see the live scoring while it goes on.....isn't that the point of having the game center with live scoring ????? And dont tell me its to log in and check your score... because I have had none of the problems ever getting into the site or the game center.... I do agree that it is ridiculous that you have to deal with the issues with the dollar amount they have on their services.....

I've got two leagues hosted there, and I always go in Sunday morning at about 10:00am or 11:00am and I open up my live scoring for each league in separate windows, and they stay open until later that night. I pay for that privilege and don't make any apologies for it. We all pay to be able to do that.

They need to plan for that reality... and if they don't they will continue to lose business (and plenty of money) to sites like MFL. Unfortunately that's precisely what it will take to get them to invest their money in keeping their customers happy. Believe that.

I haven't called yet fellas, I emailed them and this was the response:

Response (Commish Roger) 10/09/2006 03:39 PM

I’m sorry if your league members experienced difficulties accessing our site on Sunday. Apparently, a hardware configuration adjustment which should have improved access time had just the opposite effect on some game servers. While most people had an enjoyable Sunday of fantasy football, those fantasy players whose teams resided on the servers affected by the configuration problem, unfortunately, endured sporadic league access.

I’ve forwarded your individual league to our tech group with a request that they make sure that every parameter is set correctly to deliver acceptable access times throughout the spike of activity that is a football Sunday. I’m confident that this individual attention from the technical staff will resolve the issue you’ve experienced in accessing your league, and again, I regret not being able to provide you a completely accessible site this weekend.

I will extend the MONEY BACK GUARANTEE which I’ve copy/pasted below from the site by four weeks for your league. If by the end of week 8 you are still unsatisfied, your request for a complete refund per the Money Back Guarantee will be processed. I’m sure that this will be unnecessary as I feel the technical issue your league experienced is in the process of being resolved completely today.

MONEY BACK GUARANTEE

CBS SportsLine.com Football Commissioner

It is our intention to provide the best fantasy sports league management services available anywhere. We want to earn your business and keep it. If there is any reason your league is unsatisfied with your Football Commissioner experience, we will refund your league fee (subject to the following conditions):

A league's Commissioner (i.e. an owner with "commissioner" access) may request a refund any time through 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Tuesday, October 3, 2006 (for reference, that's the end of week 4 of the 2006-07 NFL season).

You are in compliance with the 2006 CBS SportsLine Football Commissioner Terms of Service.

Refunds will not be provided to individual "team owners" but only to entire leagues that wish to discontinue service. Therefore, refund requests will only be accepted from and processed for the individual who paid for the league. There will be no partial refunds.

Refunds will be processed in the following manner:

Credit card: Refunds will be credited to the credit card account used to pay the league fees.

Check or money order: We will send a check to the address on record for the person who canceled the league.

Refunds will be processed as soon as the refund request is authenticated by our Fantasy Support Staff. When a refund is processed, the associated league will be discontinued (i.e. it will no longer be accessible for use).

To request a refund, please contact our Fantasy Support Staff:

League Commissioners can go to the Help menu in your league and click Help Center (to verify authenticity of email refund requests, a follow-up will be required before the refund is processed).

That sounds like a decent response. :D

The kicker is, if you want the refund they discontinue your league.

Of course, this makes sense, except that ,when I told them I would be taking my league elsewhere next year, they gave me a refund and are continuing to run my league this year.

Edited by billay