[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who was LT bucking up on after the game?

cliaz

I saw the "Choke move" which I hate...ever since Pete Carroll did it to Mare or Stoyanovich whichever. But the mocking Merriman is fair game anywhere anytime. You don't like it you should play better, which they didn't do.

The Chargers played selfish and undisiplined football. I hate the PAts but they earned the win and if they want to mock a fool and a cheater, have at it.

I agree LT is classy when he speaks and most of the time when he acts. I saw him doing the "LOUDER" arm wave at the Bills game when his offense was on the field and he was lined up in formation in the backfield. The Bills just scored 2 quick TD's and the momentum had swung, it was pretty ridiculous I thought. They won anyway but it was close and his actions were selfish then too. It certainly did make it easier for his offense.

Merriman did his stupid dance that day as well, the first back from his steriod suspension. I would be a little more humble if I was just back from cheating.

I started the day rooting for the Chargers to go to the Superbowl but by the 3rd I was rooting for the Pats, whom I again, HATE!!!! But the played like pro's even if they did anything act like it.

The Chargers did neither.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the "Choke move" which I hate...ever since Pete Carroll did it to Mare or Stoyanovich whichever. But the mocking Merriman is fair game anywhere anytime. You don't like it you should play better, which they didn't do.

If that's true then the TO move at the star was fair game too. If you believe in sportsmanship it doesn't.

LT was mad because of a lack of respect. And Deion was lecturing LT on class. :D He said he was only mad because they lost the game, but Deion obviously wouldn't understand someone like LT.

If that's true then the TO move at the star was fair game too. If you believe in sportsmanship it doesn't.

LT was mad because of a lack of respect. And Deion was lecturing LT on class. :D He said he was only mad because they lost the game, but Deion obviously wouldn't understand someone like LT.

I agree. I actually have more respect for LT now. I thought the Patriots were better than this. They stooped to Merriman's level, and that is no fault of LT's. Just so happens he was walking by when they were doing their little dance.

Then again, if we compare anyone from the Patriots to TO, we know exactly what kind of idiot they are.

Z

I heard that Merriman sent Jason Taylor a little 'enjoy watching the playoff on tv' package: a LightsOut Tshirt and a bag of chips.

Now that's pure class.

Yeah when they interviewed JT he told the reporter (I think it was Boomer) about Merriman sending him some snacks and a "Lights Out" T-shirt. JT said that Merriman sent him a really small sized shirt, kinda poking fun at the fact that JT isn't a very big guy, and some snacks to eat while watching Merriman in the playoffs. JT was laughing about the whole deal and said it was pretty funny and clever. I think Merriman was just busting JT's chops and Taylor took it as such.

I don't see it as a lack of class... guys are out celebrating mocking one of your teamates and you are pissed and walking by and the guys that do it grab you; you pull away and probably tell them what you think, they grab and pulll you again. Of course you are going to pull away and give them a piece of your mind.

Agree, but still way out of character....

Yes, there were patriots rubbing it in, LT didn't like it.

Good for him for calling them out.

If that's the case he should have been calling out his teamates for their actions during the game and stupid 15 yd penalties that kept Pats drives alive and hurt their field position. Not to mention all the disrespect they were giving the Pats all week. I believe the only time the Pats "rubbed it in" was after the missed FG when the game was decided.

Merriman does a stupid dance to show up the QB and the O-line every time he makes a play.

Merriman sends Jason Taylor some "lights out" gear and some snacks to rub it in he made the playoffs and Taylor did not.

Merriman deserves some mocking at the 50.

LT is just being a sore loser (justifiable that he is a bit cranky after being used so poorly) ...

Merriman is a punk.

Now on to the game. What a game, I don't think I breathed in the 2nd half. Tough hard faught battle on both sides with some lucky bounces that went our way. Too many ups and downs to remember but here are a few.

God Bless Troy Brown and his strip after the Int.

God Bless Caldwell for stepping up.....and Gaffney too.

God Bless Marty for throwing the red flag on Browns strip.

God Bless Marty (I mean his O.C. :bash: ) for not just giving the ball to LT in the second half.

Congrats on a great season Chargers fans, your future looks bright :D

What a weekend of amazing games, next weekend should be great as well.

Bring on the Colts!!! :D

Oh.....so you're word is the gospel, Mr. Authoroftwobooks HOMER? :D

:clap:

:bash:

Believe me, I'd have been pissed if the Pats had been the only chippy/mouthy ones on the field yesterday, because they've never been that kind of team -- Belichick fines guys for mouthing off, whether it's to the media, at other players, etc. -- but since the Chargers were more idiotic yesterday throughout the game (always chirping and yapping after even the most minor play, late stuff after the whistle, etc.). I have no sympathy, even for LT who, as I said, has been a selfless star (so I have ZERO idea where that Kobe Bryant thing came from :D ). But eff Merriman and eff that #29 no-name punk, who even Chargers homer McBoog wanted to slap.

Allll that said, there's NO place for doing the "choke" thing in front of another team's bench on their home field after a hard-fought game. That's disappointing if it's true.

Allll that said, there's NO place for doing the "choke" thing in front of another team's bench on their home field after a hard-fought game. That's disappointing if it's true.

That I agree with as well....I think it was Wilfork.......I'm sure/hope someone talked to him about it.

As a NE fan I'm disappointed to hear of some of the things they did in celebration and I can understand how this would piss off the Chargers players and fans.

However, the juicehead made himself a target for derision and ridicule with his stupid dance (IMO, as does anyone who thinks he's important enough to have a signature celebration). The Pats stole a game and are going to the conference final. I don't like what the Pats did, but I understand.

Frankly, as I got to typing this I realized, it's not that big a deal. If a day or 2 later, the Chargers and their fans are still upset about this, then they're worried about the wrong things.

Believe me, I'd have been pissed if the Pats had been the only chippy/mouthy ones on the field yesterday, because they've never been that kind of team -- Belichick fines guys for mouthing off, whether it's to the media, at other players, etc. -- but since the Chargers were more idiotic yesterday throughout the game (always chirping and yapping after even the most minor play, late stuff after the whistle, etc.). I have no sympathy, even for LT who, as I said, has been a selfless star (so I have ZERO idea where that Kobe Bryant thing came from :D ). But eff Merriman and eff that #29 no-name punk, who even Chargers homer McBoog wanted to slap.

Well said.

And if you give yourself a nick name, you name a your own dance, you shave "Lights Out" into the side of your head, and you do absolutely nothing in the game........you deserve to be mocked.

As a NE fan I'm disappointed to hear of some of the things they did in celebration and I can understand how this would piss off the Chargers players and fans.

However, the juicehead made himself a target for derision and ridicule with his stupid dance (IMO, as does anyone who thinks he's important enough to have a signature celebration). The Pats stole a game and are going to the conference final. I don't like what the Pats did, but I understand.

Frankly, as I got to typing this I realized, it's not that big a deal. If a day or 2 later, the Chargers and their fans are still upset about this, then they're worried about the wrong things.

They can do that but do it to him and not the whole team. They could have done it on the sideline.

Yell, "Hey lights out" :D:D:bash:

I have read a lot of the posts on this ....but I still don't get it ...tomlinson picks this venue and spot to explode ?? This is the big deal to him that a few pats were celebrating and mocking merriman after the game ?? Tomlinson even drags belichick into this as if belichick orchestrated the whole thing ???

I think romlinson is a great player but I think he has to get his emotions straight ....worry about the game and the result ...be upset ovr that but honestly who cares about a celebration after the game ..this is the nfl not college or highschool ...

Its almost like he is trying to channel his anger and disappointment away from the loss and find something else to be pissed about ....just my two cents

They were doing their celebration on the Bolts midfield logo though, which reminds me of T.O. getting knocked off the Dallas star a few years ago by Emmitt Smith for doing the same.

TO ran from the endzone to midfield to dance on the star.

When the game ends, the teams typically end up at midfield to celebrate, shake hands, form a prayer circle, etc.

Until I see some film of the celebration that suggests otherwise, I can't believe they purposely sought out the Chargers logo.

Edited by charty

TO ran from the endzone to midfield to dance on the star.

When the game ends, the teams typically end up at midfield to celebrate, shake hands, form a prayer circle, etc.

Until I see some film of the celebration that suggests otherwise, I can't believe they purposely sought out the Chargers logo.

It was Colvin.

They mimicked Shawne “Lights Out” Merriman, impersonating his post-sack celebration dance and taunting him with muscle-flexing gestures in light of his steroid suspension.

And several Patriots reportedly couldn’t resist shouting “Lights Out” into the Chargers locker room afterward.

Apparently, Rosevelt Colvin was one of the loudest taunters, evidenced by his hoarse voice following the game: “It is, I did a lot of taunting after the buzzer went off.”

The overall display was so in-your-face that LaDainian Tomlinson, widely regarded as one of the classiest, most well-respected players in the league, felt compelled to rip the Pats and coach Bill Belichick.

“I would never, ever, react in that way because I’m a very classy person,” Tomlinson said. “I wouldn’t react like that, so yes, I was upset. When you go to the middle of our field and start doing the things that Shawne Merriman is known for, that’s disrespectful. I can’t sit there and watch that. I was very upset, just the way they show absolutely no class. Maybe it comes from their head coach.”

BS for Colvin & Pats to go over the top celebrating.

Just as it's BS for Merriman to talk smack all week and NOT expect a reaction when his team ends up losing its cool and playing like punks at the worst possible time (i.e. #29, whoever he is), which took away a game they should have/could have won.

And it's BS for LT to call out Belichick as part of his post-game complaints. BB doesnt teach that stuff to his players. Like LT's postgame comments were out of emotion, so was the Pats' on-field celebration.

BS behavior all around. But also not that big a deal because football's an emotional sport. And if anything, LT should be asking HIS coach why he didn't get 15 more carries.

Edited by msaint

I have read a lot of the posts on this ....but I still don't get it ...tomlinson picks this venue and spot to explode ?? This is the big deal to him that a few pats were celebrating and mocking merriman after the game ?? Tomlinson even drags belichick into this as if belichick orchestrated the whole thing ???

I think romlinson is a great player but I think he has to get his emotions straight ....worry about the game and the result ...be upset ovr that but honestly who cares about a celebration after the game ..this is the nfl not college or highschool ...

Its almost like he is trying to channel his anger and disappointment away from the loss and find something else to be pissed about ....just my two cents

You have it backwards, the emotion from the game carried over to the celebration after the game. I am sure he was more pissed about GIVING that game to the Pats than the celebration but the celebration was the straw that broke the camels back.

Just as it's BS for Merriman to talk smack all week and NOT expect a reaction when his team ends up losing its cool and playing like punks at the worst possible time (i.e. #29, whoever he is), which took away a game they should have/could have won.

And it's BS for LT to call out Belichick as part of his post-game complaints. BB doesnt teach that stuff to his players. Like LT's postgame comments were out of emotion, so was the Pats' on-field celebration.

BS behavior all around. But also not that big a deal because football's an emotional sport. And if anything, LT should be asking HIS coach why he didn't get 15 more carries.

Well said. Except for calling out BB because I can't stand him and that stupid hoody with the cut off sleeves. How is that approved sideline apparel?

All of this is much ado about nothing.

Class and respect went out the window some time ago in the NFL. Besides, the Chargers waived their right to complain about such things by condoning Merriman's antics.

I agree with furd ... Merriman made sure their was going to be a reaction if chargers lost ... tomlinson had some time to cool off before he reached the podium to speak to the media and yet he vented even more ... Not sure that was so necessary as he appeared more angry at the events after the game than addressing what happened in th game ...I feel stars of that magnitude do not need to go where tomlinson went yesterday ..especially given the merriman factor that helped lead up to it

It was more than just the Merriman dance...

That's NOT what LT said at the presser yesterday. This is one of those stories that's taking on a life of its own. I'd go only with what was said immediately. Don't be surprised if this is embellished.

All of this is much ado about nothing.

Class and respect went out the window some time ago in the NFL. Besides, the Chargers waived their right to complain about such things by condoning Merriman's antics.

That's a slippery slope I think. The management did if they knew(condone Merriman's actions), but most players don't call out teammates and when Favre didit to Javon Walker it created a large controversy.

It's hard to separate individual players from team actions. I'd like to see Merriman and those reacting fined. If the Pats players had done this on the sidelines and not directed toward the locker room I'd agree it was nothing. Just modify the behavior slightly. Brady adressed that.

Agreed. Sounds like offsetting, personal-foul penalties for excessive d0uchebag behavior. Replay down.

Yep, just like it was BS for Brady to call out Marty last year, especially when Marty's comments were pretty respectful. I get the feeling that these two events are connected.