[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you go to a public viewing of the Super Bowl.....

rocknrobn26

... your breaking an NFL rule! :D:bash:

I never heard that before, but I just heard it on the news.

The story is the Bears wanted to have a party at Soldier Field, show the game on the big screen, and the NFL said it's against the NFL rule that prohibits public showings of NFL games! :D

Someone better tell the boys in Vegas! :clap:

Edited by rocknrobn26

The story is the Bears wanted to have a party at Soldier Field, show the game on the big screen, and the NFL said it's against the NFL rule that prohibits public showings of NFL games! :D

They described it as "mass viewings" that they prohibit. I guess that makes sense. Why would you want to watch it outdoors at Soldier Field anyway?

They described it as "mass viewings" that they prohibit. I guess that makes sense. Why would you want to watch it outdoors at Soldier Field anyway?

Green Bay, IIRC, has shown big games on the jumbotron at Lambeau.

But I may be wrong on that.

I wouldn't go, but I'm sure a lot would. They wouldn't fill the stadium, but I'd bet 10K would show up. FWIW, the tempis supposed to be around 10 and below zero at night! :D

But I think the mass viewing term would apply to all bars and all the rooms that are set up in Vegas. It just hit me funny, like how are they gonna police that! Stoopid!

But that's Green Bay! Who REALLY knows what goes on up dere! :D

I thought so too.

I wouldn't go, but I'm sure a lot would. They wouldn't fill the stadium, but I'd bet 10K would show up. FWIW, the tempis supposed to be around 10 and below zero at night! :D

But I think the mass viewing term would apply to all bars and all the rooms that are set up in Vegas. It just hit me funny, like how are they gonna police that! Stoopid!

So would that make all these bars with the NFL ticket bootleggers?

I thought so too.

So would that make all these bars with the NFL ticket bootleggers?

Nope, because the NFL gets paid for it by way of commercial contracts. Look at it from strickly the NFLs standpoint. They want to make as much money as possible. They do this by charging the networks a huge amount of money to show the superbowl. In order for the networks to be able to pay that amount, they must have the advertising revenue to support it. Avertising revenue is directly related to number of viewers in homes. If the Bears could show it to 70k people, that's 70k pairs of eyes the networks can't charge for.

By Mike Chappell

mike.chappell@indystar.com

Local fans unable to attend Super Bowl XLI will have to be satisfied watching the Indianapolis Colts and Chicago Bears in the comfort of their homes or at their local watering hole.

There will be no broadcast of the Feb. 4 game for a mass audience at the RCA Dome, Conseco Fieldhouse or any other large venue.

"It's prohibited,'' Greg Aiello, the NFL's vice president of public relations said. "Mass, out-of-home viewing is not permitted by our television contracts.''

Restaurants and bars that routinely make Colts games available to their patrons still can for the Super Bowl.

"We're talking about arenas and stadiums, that sort of thing,'' Aiello said.

Establishments, though, are not allowed to charge a one-time fee to patrons wishing to watch the game. It's business as usual.

By contrast, the NBA allows "mass showings'' of its events. During one of their playoff runs, the Pacers set up a huge TV screen on a parking lot outside Conseco Fieldhouse and showed the game for fans who brought chairs.

Last year during the Finals, Miami showed its road games with Dallas in the Heat's arena and nearly sold out the building.

link

Edited by heydave76

A local liquor store I do business with is throwing a Superbowl party at the Broomfield Event Center (minor league hockey area) that will be showing the game on the big screen...

Should they expect the cops to shut it down?

Well they should now big mouth. :D

:D

Yep. They were going to have the game on at Heinz Field last year, but, the NFL stepped in.

Edited by Menudo

A local liquor store I do business with is throwing a Superbowl party at the Broomfield Event Center (minor league hockey area) that will be showing the game on the big screen...

Should they expect the cops to shut it down?

If they rent out the place its a private party. A private pary doesnt mean a mass showing...

Hey, Atomic... Are you in sales? If so, what company do you work for?

Edited by piratesownninjas

If they rent out the place its a private party. A private pary doesnt mean a mass showing...

Hey, Atomic... Are you in sales? If so, what company do you work for?

:D No he isn't.

:D

I do lotsa stuff. I sell Motorola Business radios to the warehouse liquor stores. I was also involved in the sale of some surveilance equipment. As for the liquor though... I'm merely a consumer. :bash: