[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is my wife too picky?

Chavez

Made some mashed potatoes the other night - obviously 3-4 spuds, about 1/4 cup olive oil, tsp minced garlic, healthy heaping of Lawry's - mix.

My wife thought it was the worst thing EVER. I thought it was fantastic. Who is the insane one?

aside from me preferring butter over oil, i don't see anything "wrong" with those taters. would have to taste em to confirm whether or not they were nasty or great, or somewhere in-between

Sure, I fully admit that I may or may not have put a bit too much of something in there; but she acted like it was week-old roadkill.

She can cook for herself from here on out.

Sure, I fully admit that I may or may not have put a bit too much of something in there; but she acted like it was week-old roadkill.

She can cook for herself from here on out.

:D

if you went heavy on the lawry's it may have been too salty..... which may have evoked her response..... who knows? what did she actually say was bad about them?

if you went heavy on the lawry's it may have been too salty..... which may have evoked her response..... who knows? what did she actually say was bad about them?

Pretty much everything.

I made them Sat night, and they tasted great to me then; they tasted just as good to me Sunday evening.

Well I was assuming you wouldn't fry them in olive oil, you do that and all bets are off.

She doesn't like ANY potato pancakes.

List of foods she hates:

- salmon

- cod

- smoked fish

- barbecue sauce

- gruyere cheese

- havarti cheese

- gazpacho

- cheesecake

...the mind boggles, I tell ya.

EDIT - corned beef, whole wheat bread, verde sauce, alfredo sauce....

Edited by Chavez

She doesn't like ANY potato pancakes.

List of foods she hates:

- salmon

- cod

- smoked fish

- barbecue sauce

- gruyere cheese

- havarti cheese

- gazpacho

- cheesecake

...the mind boggles, I tell ya.

I disagree with only potatoes, barbecue sauce, gruyere and cheesecake. Everyone considers me a picky eater.

Dude, it's her. Unfortunately, it's her and all the other "hers" out there. I don't know what it is about women and food but they always overreact when they don't like something. It happens at the restaurant. We serve a dish just like every other time. A popular dish that we obviously wouldn't make if people didn't like it. Some woman gets it and isn't into it. Fair enough, we're here to please so we'll make something else. The thing is, they tend to make a huge deal out of it, as if I wouldn't take it back unless they really made it clear how absolutely horrible it was. They scruntch their face and make it seem like I just farted or something.

"This dish is inedible!"

"Funny, that dude over there is eating the same thing and hasn't come up for air yet."

My wife does the same thing to a lesser degree. You'd think the fact that I'm a professional would buy me a little credibility in this regard but as any married man knows, that's foolish logic.

Dude, it's her. Unfortunately, it's her and all the other "hers" out there. I don't know what it is about women and food but they always overreact when they don't like something...they tend to make a huge deal out of it, as if I wouldn't take it back unless they really made it clear how absolutely horrible it was. They scruntch their face and make it seem like I just farted or something.

Oh yeah, I'm sure every man deals with this.

If I'm eating some food she dislikes, she has to comment about how disgusting it is - I swear sometimes she follows me around the house just to make some point about how she can't believe I'm enjoying it.

List of foods she hates:

She also absolutely refuses to eat at Hardees/Carls Jr, Papa Johns pizza, and KFC. And complains about Qdoba and Chipotle.

Not that any of those franchises are stunning anyone's taste buds, but they're all passable-to-above-average IMO for chain fast food.

Edited by Chavez

My wife use to be extremely picky but she's gotten a lot better since she met me. Detlef described my sister-in-law to a "T". She'll send her dish back 90% of the time we go out.

Is that a twoob in law the your brother's wife? (inquiring minds want to know how much twoobage is out there)

That said, I guess your sis in law really likes eating th cook/waiters bodily fluids that must get added to her dish regulary.

Is that a twoob in law the your brother's wife? (inquiring minds want to know how much twoobage is out there)

That said, I guess your sis in law really likes eating th cook/waiters bodily fluids that must get added to her dish regulary.

It's twoobs sister. She's a pain in the ass but attractive and tends to wear tops that show off her cleavage. Drives the mother-in-law insane.

I can't really comment on her desire for mens fluids.