[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's the worst GM / Owner combo in the NFL?

muck

Who's the worst GM / Owner combo in the NFL?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the worst GM / Owner combo in the NFL?

• Arizona
    • Dallas
    • Detroit
    • Oakland
    • Washington

Which current GM/Owner combos have won 3 Super Bowls?

A: The same one that is drafting Quincy Carter in the 3rd round after Jimmy Johnson left town.

A: The same one that lets his ego get in the way of having great coaches guide his team (see Jimmy Johnson and the Tuna).

A: The same one that hired a misfit of a coach to try to prove a point to the world that he's a genius (see Barry Switzer).

A: The same one that is drafting Quincy Carter in the 3rd round after Jimmy Johnson left town.

A: The same one that lets his ego get in the way of having great coaches guide his team (see Jimmy Johnson and the Tuna).

A: The same one that hired a misfit of a coach to try to prove a point to the world that he's a genius (see Barry Switzer).

A: Yeah, every other third rounder works out.

A: Jimmy sure worked wonders for the Fish

A: How many years did Barry coach? How many Super Bowls did he win?

A: Yeah, every other third rounder works out.

How about 2nd rounders then?Because that's where he was drafted.

On a side note,why isn't the owner of my Bengals on that list?It's just not complete without Mike Brown.

Houston?

I think McNair is one of the better owners in the league. Pretty much lets his football guys run the operation. And Rick Smith is trying to turn things around, but its only his second year there, so it would be hard to lump him with the worst right now.

Now if Capers/Casserly were still there, I would agree with you 100%, but I am willing to give the McNair/Kubiak/Smith group a few more years before I give up on them.

I think McNair is one of the better owners in the league. Pretty much lets his football guys run the operation. And Rick Smith is trying to turn things around, but its only his second year there, so it would be hard to lump him with the worst right now.

Now if Capers/Casserly were still there, I would agree with you 100%, but I am willing to give the McNair/Kubiak/Smith group a few more years before I give up on them.

I agree with you, I was just suggesting they are added to the discussion.

Not an OAK homer but they shouldnt even be on this list....weren't they in the superbowl in 2002...and if my memory serves me correct, weren't they a playoff team 2001 and 2000?

Regardless of the fact that Al Davis is an a$$, the owner/management of the OAK Raiders has proven results within the last 5 years. Wow....I do sound like a homer.....GO 49ers!

Fill in the blanks:

After the 2000 season, ______ inherited a reasonably good team that had finished 9-7, barely missing the playoffs when their opponent, the Chicago Bears, made a 54-yard field goal on the final play of the final game of the season. However, under _______'s leadership as CEO/general manager, the ____________ are 24-72 (.250) following the 2006 season, the worst winning percentage of all 32 NFL teams during that time, and the worst of any franchise in league history over a comparable period of time since the 21-74 (.221) mark recorded by the hapless Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 1983-88. (the worst-ever NFL mark over a six-year period is held by the old Chicago Cardinals, a dismal 9-52-3 (.148) from 1939-44. )

Despite the team's poor record under ______ and widespread disappointment among fans, the media, and even some players, _______ received a five-year contract extension from owner _____________ at the start of the 2005 season. Following the team's 3-13 performance in 2006, ______announced that ______ would be retained as General Manager for at least another season.

:D

I wanted to pick Detroit based on (lack of) merit, but had to go Washington just because Detroit is bad, they know they are bad, their fans know it, and it just is what it is.

Washington goes out every year, spends a ton, has no clue as to actually what they need, their fans talk so much sh*t considering how bad they suck...and then then fail again. (could also be I just hate Wash)

As much as it pains me to say, I wouldn't have put Dallas on the list - yea, JJ is a bit of a chump, but he spends and he wins just enough to put him out of the bottom 5.

Not an OAK homer but they shouldnt even be on this list....weren't they in the superbowl in 2002...and if my memory serves me correct, weren't they a playoff team 2001 and 2000?

Regardless of the fact that Al Davis is an a$$, the owner/management of the OAK Raiders has proven results within the last 5 years. Wow....I do sound like a homer.....GO 49ers!

AFC West Champs 3 years in a row, AFC Championship game in 2000.

Yeah, I am a homer... but their inclusion on this list is really simply cuz they are Oakland.

And as much as I hate Dallas, Jones won quite a few SBs under his ownership and are nowhere nearly as bad as the other teams on this list (hell, they should have won that playoff game for cripes sakes).

I wanted to pick Detroit based on (lack of) merit, but had to go Washington just because Detroit is bad, they know they are bad, their fans know it, and it just is what it is.

Washington goes out every year, spends a ton, has no clue as to actually what they need, their fans talk so much sh*t considering how bad they suck...and then then fail again. (could also be I just hate Wash)

As much as it pains me to say, I wouldn't have put Dallas on the list - yea, JJ is a bit of a chump, but he spends and he wins just enough to put him out of the bottom 5.

Considering that Washington went to the divisional round two years ago, they're doing a helluva lot better than the Lions.

but their inclusion on this list is really simply cuz they are Oakland.

Actually, I'd say their inclusion is cause they are just SO bad right now particularly on offense which is always more visible. They are definitely a better franchise than Det/Arz and over half the teams really, but last year they were just so ugly on the field, you have to point it out.

The other reason is Al Davis - most people think he's lost touch.

Any reason Cleveland wouldn't be on the list - don't follow them much, but they seem to consistently end up with poor draft picks and crap free agents?