[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts pick Peyton #1

Randall

Jim Mora was on saying they posed these questions to Manning and Leaf before that years draft.

"Peyton you are the Colts #1 pick what are you going to do?"

Man I want to get to Indianapolis as soon as I can but have to finisg school. Can you send a coach down to work with me? Also send down playbooks so I can learn the offense.

All football.

"Ryan you are the Colts #1 pick what are you going to do?"

Man I'm going to celebrate, call all my buddies. Qe're going to Vegas.

No football.

:D Wonder why they drafted Peyton Manning.

Jim Mora was on saying they posed these questions to Manning and Leaf before that years draft.

"Peyton you are the Colts #1 pick what are you going to do?"

Man I want to get to Indianapolis as soon as I can but have to finisg school. Can you send a coach down to work with me? Also send down playbooks so I can learn the offense.

All football.

"Ryan you are the Colts #1 pick what are you going to do?"

Man I'm going to celebrate, call all my buddies. Qe're going to Vegas.

No football.

:D Wonder why they drafted Peyton Manning.

link? :D

I believe Archie coached Peyton on how to respond to those questions, but that does not excuse Leaf.

Anyone who ever attended a job interview should know better, but I'm not sure he ever applied for a job. Even his scholaship may have been given to him without asking.

I believe Archie coached Peyton on how to respond to those questions, but that does not excuse Leaf.

Any good dad would want to help their kid prep for the most important job interview of their life...especially if, at one point in their life, they'd done the job the kid was applying for.

Anyone who ever attended a job interview should know better

That whole "job interview" thing cuts both ways - Packers OG Daryn Colledge got downgraded because he came off as cocky in his combine interviews - his reply was "I viewed it like a job interview; they asked me why they should draft me, and I told them I was the best man for the job."

Apparently scouts didn't feel he was "humble" enough.

That whole "job interview" thing cuts both ways - Packers OG Daryn Colledge got downgraded because he came off as cocky in his combine interviews - his reply was "I viewed it like a job interview; they asked me why they should draft me, and I told them I was the best man for the job."

Apparently scouts didn't feel he was "humble" enough.

That's true. I hope he was interviewed by more than just scouts, but the difference between confidence and arrogance is hard to discern sometimes.

That's true. I hope he was interviewed by more than just scouts, but the difference between confidence and arrogance is hard to discern sometimes.

I can't find it online, but there was an article I read about the interview process around combine time a couple years ago. There are some teams who don't really ask football related questions, or won't emphasize them with the player, feeling that they figure the players are getting coached with those kinds of answers. Instead they ask seemingly unrelated questions about school, or video games, or other topics that give them an idea about character and work ethic.

I can't find it online, but there was an article I read about the interview process around combine time a couple years ago. There are some teams who don't really ask football related questions, or won't emphasize them with the player, feeling that they figure the players are getting coached with those kinds of answers. Instead they ask seemingly unrelated questions about school, or video games, or other topics that give them an idea about character and work ethic.

I work as a web developer and while technical knowledge and skill are definitely important, when we hire someone new they go through more psychological testing the technical. With most players it's fairly obvious what they can do physically. It's whats between their ears that can separate the good from the great.

Any good dad would want to help their kid prep for the most important job interview of their life...especially if, at one point in their life, they'd done the job the kid was applying for.

Either way, didn;t he make plenty of moeny just for being drafted? Imagine if you could make millions just so an employer could have the privaledge of finding out if you were able to perform up to your hype. :D

Broken, stupid system. NFL vets should make more as a rule, and rookies should make the minimum, with perhaps a bonus baded on draft slot and incentives for performance built into the standard rookie contract. What they do now is insane!

Cant remember the kids name, but Bobby Bowden was interviewing this kicker for sholarship at FSU. He asked the kid if he took the other 10 guys off the field could he put the kickoff through the back of the endzone if he had to. The kid said probably, but if he didnt he would make the tackle. Not a 'noles fan but that is a great response.

Anyone who ever attended a job interview should know better

+1

The Interview questions were moot. No matter how Leaf answered, it wouldn't have changed the outcome. Payton was going to be the pick.

Not necessarily. Leaf supposedly had better arm strength and mobility at the time. The Colts took a very serious look at him.

Intelligence and maturity are very important at the QB position - much more so than any other. You can bet that Peyton's IQ and attitude were a tremendous factor in him getting the job.

Broken, stupid system. NFL vets should make more as a rule, and rookies should make the minimum, with perhaps a bonus baded on draft slot and incentives for performance built into the standard rookie contract. What they do now is insane!

Then abolish the draft and let them work wherever they want to. :D