[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

T.O in mini-camp

IRVING, Texas - Terrell Owens once again caught some of his Dallas Cowboys teammates and coaches off guard.

But instead of stirring controversy off the field, Owens surprised them by participating in the team's first minicamp.

The wide receiver has been recovering from two offseason surgeries on his right ring finger. New Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips said earlier in the week that Owens would not practice in the team's first gathering since he replaced Bill Parcells in February.

``I'm surprised but I can understand why he wanted to come out here,'' Dallas owner and general manager Jerry Jones said. ``He got caught up in the enthusiasm of being with the team, the excitement we've got about our team. I'm sure he just wanted to go ahead and catch some passes.''

In drills against Dallas' first-team defense, Owens beat cornerback Terence Newman and hauled in a nicely thrown deep ball from Tony Romo.

Owens was laughing as he ran through the end zone after the play.

But he wasn't in the mood Saturday to talk with reporters. During the team's media availability with players, Owens walked out of the locker room, saying only, ``I have nothing to talk about.''

This was a far cry from last season, when he talked about everything from not knowing the play book to his role in the offense.

Owens is due a $3 million roster bonus on June 1, and Jones has repeatedly said that Owens will be back in a Cowboys uniform this coming season after catching 85 passes for 1,180 yards in 2006.

Saturday's practice was further indication that Owens will be on the roster when the season kicks off.

``We weren't sure how far along he was going to be,'' Phillips said. ``We were hoping at one time that he might be ready this camp. We thought it might have been the next camp or even training camp. But he is almost ready as far as catching the football.''

Phillips said that Owens had been working out and catching footballs at home in Miami.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press.

So Philly fans, how do you think TO is working out in Dallas so far? :D Pretty nicely I'd say. :D

In drills against Dallas' first-team defense, Owens beat cornerback Terence Newman and hauled in a nicely thrown deep ball from Tony Romo.

Owens was laughing as he ran through the end zone after the play.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press.

Burned Terence Newman? No! :D

So Philly fans, how do you think TO is working out in Dallas so far? :D Pretty nicely I'd say. :D

what makes you say that? Cuz he walked away from 1 interview in mini-camp?

Please, he has done nothign so far in Dallas to make a Philli fan, or anybody else, think he's nothing but the human trash he is. Maybe if he makes it througha regualr season, and continues to giv einterviews as such, then Philli fans may be upset.

But I doubt he will. He never has once in his entire career, why would he now?

So Philly fans, how do you think TO is working out in Dallas so far? :tup: Pretty nicely I'd say. :D

Well considering the Eagles swept Dallas last year, won the division, and made it further in the playoffs I would say we are not missing him that much. :D

:tup: This my friend is a high arc softball

So Philly fans, how do you think TO is working out in Dallas so far? :doh: Pretty nicely I'd say. :D

Well considering the Eagles swept Dallas last year, won the division, and made it further in the playoffs I would say we are not missing him that much. :D

Yup, all that and he gets a hall of fame HC to quit, leaving them with JJ & TO running the team and a yes-man HC (who has been mediocre at best throught his HC career). Pretty nice, pretty nice indeed... :tup: IF YOU'RE AN EAGLES, REDSKINS OR GIANTS FAN!

Link

Yup, all that and he gets a hall of fame HC to quit, leaving them with JJ & TO running the team and a yes-man HC (who has been mediocre at best throught his HC career). Pretty nice, pretty nice indeed... :D IF YOU'RE AN EAGLES, REDSKINS OR GIANTS FAN!

Link

Although Parcells is a HOF coach and Owens was a distraction I really am not too sad about our staff right now. We needed a strong defensive mind like Philips and if Garrett is all that he is being touted we might have 2 great coaches working both sides of the ball. As far as Skins , Birds or Giants fans being happy . Coughlins situation is a mess, Gibbs best years are behind him and Reid admittedly has done a nice job but gets his ass handed to him in big playoff games and is becoming well known for making bad decisions in critical playoff moments..

Edited by whomper

...As far as Skins , Birds or Giants fans being happy . Coughlins situation is a mess, Gibbs best years are behind him and Reid admittedly has done a nice job but gets his ass handed to him in big playoff games and is becoming well known for making bad decisions in critical playoff moments..

Don't deflect like your other Cowboy fan faithful. How does anything you wrote in the above quote relate to TO being on the Cowboys? The other stuff was at least on-topic.

But, the FACT of the matter is TO came in and as a direct result Parcells left. You fans might be happy with that now, but TO sabatoged your team. Parcells leaving after last year was NOT the plan. It may prove-out that the 'Boys adjusted well to the TO disruption, but make no mistakes, this PLAYER just dictated the future of your team. Now, he and JJ are really in control. That can't be good.

Call me a cynic, but T.O. is attending mini-camp because his passive-aggressive act is currently set on "passive" and that gets him "T.O. is a nice boy" publicity. Once the regular season begins and there are about 1500 "nice boys" on the field, I am afraid that T.O. will revert to his "aggressive" stance so that he can gobble up a disproportionate amount of the limelight once again.

Yup, all that and he gets a hall of fame HC to quit, leaving them with JJ & TO running the team and a yes-man HC (who has been mediocre at best throught his HC career). Pretty nice, pretty nice indeed... :D IF YOU'RE AN EAGLES, REDSKINS OR GIANTS FAN!

Link

Don't deflect like your other Cowboy fan faithful. How does anything you wrote in the above quote relate to TO being on the Cowboys? The other stuff was at least on-topic.

But, the FACT of the matter is TO came in and as a direct result Parcells left. You fans might be happy with that now, but TO sabatoged your team. Parcells leaving after last year was NOT the plan. It may prove-out that the 'Boys adjusted well to the TO disruption, but make no mistakes, this PLAYER just dictated the future of your team. Now, he and JJ are really in control. That can't be good.

:D Hold on Chachi. Im not deflecting I am directly responding to your point made in your post and Parcells leaving and the rest of the division gloating

:D Hold on Chachi. Im not deflecting I am directly responding to your point made in your post and Parcells leaving and the rest of the division gloating

Chachi??? :D

Sure, our teams have their warts as well, don't deny that. But Coughlin, Gibbs, and Reid's deficiencies (at least as perceived by you) have ZERO to do with TO being a cancer on the Cowboys and fans of the other NFC East teams being happy that he is. Nice try, though.

Chachi??? :D

Sure, our teams have their warts as well, don't deny that. But Coughlin, Gibbs, and Reid's deficiencies (at least as perceived by you) have ZERO to do with TO being a cancer on the Cowboys and fans of the other NFC East teams being happy that he is. Nice try, though.

Big Al..I agree they have zero to do with TO being a Cancer thats why I was surprised you brought it up and felt compelled to respond to it. Look up to one of the early posts in this thread. I give another Cowboy fan a good natured ribbing about saying T.O has been a success at Dallas and how Philly fans should take notice. On the field his stats have been great but he has been a distraction and has had costly drops that IMO cost us 1 possibly 2 games last year..I still think we can be succesful despite his distractions.

Big Al..I agree they have zero to do with TO being a Cancer thats why I was surprised you brought it up and felt compelled to respond to it. Look up to one of the early posts in this thread. I give another Cowboy fan a good natured ribbing about saying T.O has been a success at Dallas and how Philly fans should take notice.

OK Pinky Tuscadaro... :D

I saw that you chided him for the "softball" and I only felt compelled to respond because he called us (Philly fans) out and we NEVER back down from a challenge (especially from Cowboy fans). :D

On the field his stats have been great but he has been a distraction and has had costly drops that IMO cost us 1 possibly 2 games last year..I still think we can be succesful despite his distractions..

True, but that's the danger that is TO. He has talent but is a cancer. I think your team would be much better off with him somewhere else. Can you win despite his distractions, sure. But, as long as he's there he is a distraction and that makes me smile. :tup:

About as well as he did last year when the Eagles dominated him and the Boys ......................... twice!

He is what he is ............................................ Cancer :tup:

Why wouldn't T.O. show up for mini-camp? He's in charge now. :D