[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oh its on now Mangini!

uglytuna

... What we're not hearing is how many other teams are doing similar things and not being caught. I would be stunned if the Pats were the only ones pulling this crap.

Kindly provide some evidence.

The New England Patriots are cheaters. It is now well documented. There has been no evidence presented to support the notion that anyone other than Bill Bellichick and the New England Patiots are cheaters.

We now know that the Patriots cheat. Anythin else is speculation.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me say this first. Patriots deserved every punishment Goddell handed down. Im embarrassed by the actions what happened Sunday and as a fan i've been let down.

(1) Heres what bothers me most. How does Mangini rat out old mentor? If this was an organized crime family, Tony Soprano would have you whack because you snitch. Belichick gave Mangini his first break and because the success they had with the Patriots Mangini was able to get a job. So how does he repay his old boss; He throws him under the bus. Ethecially or morally wrong friends don't rat each other out. To me that makes Mangini a coward.

I think this border war is becoming Yankees - Red Sox which make some exciting games for the future. But damn are the Jets going to feel the the wrath of the Patriots now.

(2) Which #1 pick do the Pats lose?

what the hell are you talking about? tony soprano wouldnt pull a stunt like belichick did if he knew his enemy knew what he was doing. belichick was so obsessed with this video taping that he couldnt even stop for the one game against someone he knows doesnt care for him and knows what he is up to. how f'n stupid can you be, honestly?

Assuming that NE doesn't do it the rest of the year (a safe assumption), how is the fact that they taped signals on the opening game of the year (for not even for the entire game) going to taint a Super Bowl win this year?

but, on the other hand, what if the cheaters have a mediocre season, after being annointed super bowl favorites going into the season? if that happens, a lot of their success in the past WILL be tainted.

but, on the other hand, what if the cheaters have a mediocre season, after being annointed super bowl favorites going into the season? if that happens, a lot of their success in the past WILL be tainted.

Maybe - but I doubt it.

All we know is that they were "taping" signals - right? But what they did with it seems a matter of speculation, at least as far as I am aware.

I think that a league investigation would easily determine the extent that NE used tape in past years - if at all. Its not like we have to guess at it, which is all that anybody is doing at the moment.

I think that a league investigation would easily determine the extent that NE used tape in past years - if at all.

Incorrect.

They've probably destroyed all past evidence. I mean, Bill Bellichick is a genious - remember?

He's had all week to round up and get rid of any old evidence.

Kraft will slip Billy Boy and extra half-mil under the table and ask him to come up with a new way to cheat.

The New England Patriots are the only team in the NFL that are proven cheaters. They've probably been cheating for years.

Incorrect.

They've probably destroyed all past evidence. I mean, Bill Bellichick is a genious - remember?

He's had all week to round up and get rid of any old evidence.

Kraft will slip Billy Boy and extra half-mil under the table and ask him to come up with a new way to cheat.

The New England Patriots are the only team in the NFL that are proven cheaters. They've probably been cheating for years.

What - did Bellichick erase the memories of those invloved, countless players and coaches?

In the old days....they called this "scouting".

NOPE!

Taking video and charting the actual signals to the video, breaking it out and editing this into some "production" format, that then can be utilized to know what play is actually being called so that you can call your play, realtime against it is cheating.

Scouting, the way we used to do it was charting plays and tendencies for down and distance. Even if you knew the real signals, in a technologyless environment, there was no practical way to try to decipher the opponents play and then get the appropriate play in to the huddle on time. It all had to do with straegy, gamesmanship and out-thinking your opponent.

What the Peaters did, removed all guesswork. There was no need to outguess since the radio coms allow you to claa a play instatly, and with directions where to go for first reads, etc.

As an ol' LB, we used to try to decipher the audibles at the LOS. Was that cheating? I don't think so since it was "mano a mano" without the aid of technology to do it for you. The other caveat is that there was talk that they were taping the audibles of the opposing QBs and matching that up to what was being run. There goes the defensive genious theory. It is soooo much easier to stop your opponent, or move the ball on them, if you know exactly what they are doing.

Sorry though! That is NOT strategy. It is Cheating! Like I said in another post. I don't know how any of those players could walk off of a field and feel good about their accomplishments. I would be too embarassed to look at myself in the mirror. I guess that shows you what type of "character" the Pats are looking for. :D

Let me say this first. As a Patriot fan,:D I HAVE to admit they were wrong though I really don't believe they were doing something wrong since we would never have gotten caught if we weren't ratted out and it would have been OK to continue if nobody knew about it :D

Fixed :wacko:

You know this whole cheating thing (In which I call it advance scouting), might actually make the Patriots an even better team this year. YUP that’s right! In the past the Patriots were always labeled as the underdogs. This year they are clear cut favorites again, a role I don't think Belichick or the team really likes. Now everyone saying the Patriots can't win because they are cheaters (And they defiantly cheated, no arguments here) but the players now resume that underdog status once again. Uh oh "Watch Out NFL". So if they go onto win another Super Bowl in this decade , it would truly make a great statement. The genius can actually turn this event and turn it into a positive and use it as a motivation tool. This might be Belichick’s best work yet and going 19-0 is potential. Only a genius can think it up such a dangerous motivation tool !!!!! Butter me up and call me silly, but Week 20 will tell us all if I'm correct!!!!!

ugly :D tuna

You know this whole cheating thing (In which I call it advance scouting), might actually make the Patriots an even better team this year. YUP that’s right! In the past the Patriots were always labeled as the underdogs. This year they are clear cut favorites again, a role I don't think Belichick or the team really likes. Now everyone saying the Patriots can't win because they are cheaters (And they defiantly cheated, no arguments here) but the players now resume that underdog status once again. Uh oh "Watch Out NFL". So if they go onto win another Super Bowl in this decade , it would truly make a great statement. The genius can actually turn this event and turn it into a positive and use it as a motivation tool. This might be Belichick’s best work yet and going 19-0 is potential. Only a genius can think it up such a dangerous motivation tool !!!!! Butter me up and call me silly, but Week 20 will tell us all if I'm correct!!!!!

ugly :D tuna

Yeaaaaaaah, well, advance scouting takes place before the games...not DURING. What are you freaking Pats fans smoking anyway???

EXTEA, EXTRA!!! It is 2007 now...put away that 1985 calendar you're still using.

You won't go 19-0 this season and if you want to stake a wager on it I am more than game.

Edited by The Wolf

:D

You're right. I sincerely apologize.

When I said "you Patriot homers" i meant the usual ones, not the good ones :D in all sincerity, I am sorry. There's alot of good Patriot fans, who are true football fans.

Thanks!

Is it Sunday Yet!!!!!

Thanks!

Is it Sunday Yet!!!!!

no kidding. I bet you're DYING to get some football news from your team huh? I can't wait till all this dies down, so we can back to the real news, like who TO would rather have throwing to him...

Good luck. I'm taking SD, but not for any reason other than it's early in the season, and LT won't be stopped 2 weeks in a row.

edit: and i say early in the season because if it was later, I aint taking anyone BUT the Patriots.

Edited by LooGie

no kidding. I bet you're DYING to get some football news from your team huh? I can't wait till all this dies down, so we can back to the real news, like who TO would rather have throwing to him...

Good luck. I'm taking SD, but not for any reason other than it's early in the season, and LT won't be stopped 2 weeks in a row.

edit: and i say early in the season because if it was later, I aint taking anyone BUT the Patriots.

brady is listed on the injury report, AGAIN :D

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/14/...-injury-report/

Kindly provide some evidence.

The New England Patriots are cheaters. It is now well documented. There has been no evidence presented to support the notion that anyone other than Bill Bellichick and the New England Patiots are cheaters.

We now know that the Patriots cheat. Anythin else is speculation.

I believe I read (somewhere here) that a retired Steelers coach said that teams use to swap tapes alot and once they recieved a tape of another teams signals

Edited by MikesMarauders

I am not sure they were annointed as favorites due to their head coach, but more so because of the players on the field.

OH NOEZ!

DMD why did you rank him so high? I TRUSTED THE HUDDLE AND DRAFTED HIM IN THE 5TH. DID I WASTE MY PICK?

NE homers will he play? Will he sit out? OH NOEZ!!!

I would not risk it I think Harrington will be the better option :D