[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I submit that there's one team even less likeable than the Pats

msaint

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I truly despise the Pats, since they cheated to win the Super Bowl versus the Rams.

Wait a second.... how did they cheat against the RAMS?

As far as teams less likeable than the PATS, how about the Ravens? They won one super bowl and they still think they are the greatest team on earth

As far as teams less likeable than the PATS, how about the Ravens? They won one super bowl and they still think they are the greatest team on earth

Ray Lewis' idiotic epileptic chicken dance certainly has to go. Ray, it's just not that intimidating....

Yeah, but then we'll have 35 years Belichick, Brady, & Co toasting each other every year when the next great team loses for the first time each season. Do you REALLY want that?

It is OK to rail against the accomplishments of other teams – as long as you don’t fall into the same trap when your team gets there…

For years, the typical Red Sox fan would say he hated the Yankees because they “steal” players and put together the best team money can buy…. Well, that formula sure seems to be working for Boston now and I’m sure their fans are A-OK with it after 2 World Series crowns in 4 years.

The same is true for Pats fans. I vividly remember one of the local Providence sports reporters woefully saying how “boring” it was when the Dolphins clinched their 4th straight AFC East division title in 1974. Something tells me that same hack loves the Pats accomplishments today even though they have made the AFC East their own for going on 5 straight years.

Dude, they mugged the receivers to the extent the NFL changed the rules the next year. How can you not know that? :D

Dude, they mugged the receivers to the extent the NFL changed the rules the next year. How can you not know that? :D

If anyone was mugged it was 2003 against the Colts in the AFC Championship that got the rule changed. If you watch the RAMS/PATS Superbowl the Rams receivers constantly ran out of bounds or gave themselves up instead of getting hit. That's why the DB's looked so surprised when Ricky Proehl scored his touchdown late in the game because he cut inside.

If by mugged you mean "finally got smacked in the mouth for the first time all season" then yes, your unstoppable turf greyhounds got mugged. That was one of the two key parts of the Pats' game plan going in: 1) Shadow Faulk out of the backfield the entire game ,and 2) make the Rams WR's know they were hit on every play. It started on the opening pass to Holt when Tebucky Jones drilled him and, pretty quickly, Holt/Ike/Proehl heard footsteps on every pass.

"Perfection ends a lot of arguments."

- Larry Czonka

The jealousy in trying to rip apart the '72 Dolphins is comical.

I don't care whether you like the '72 Fins or not...I'm just glad you finally posted here with that avy of yours. :D:D Thank you, FJ....thank you.....

Btw, it ticks me off when they always mentin Griese and Kiick and not Morrall or Morris when they mention this team.

Griese completed 53 passes with 4 tds that year. Kiick had 521 Yds rushing and 147 receiving with 6 tds while Morris had 1000 and 12 Tds. Csonka had 1117/6.

Warfield only had 29/606/3 for that year.

WOW! :D

link

Edited by MikesVikes

I don't care whether you like the '72 Fins or not...I'm just glad you finally posted here with that avy of yours. :D:D Thank you, FJ....thank you.....

Stinky Dolphin bait will always lure me to the Huddle.

Here's another tidbit just for you msaint . . .

In that perfect season - due to a scheduling snafu the Dolphins won the AFC championship game on the road that year. Now why you got to rip apart the '72 Dolphins? Too much heat on your Pats lately? Trying to defelect attention? Enjoy the times and stop hating - you've come along way since the Steve Grogan days

Edited by Fantasy Jesus

If by mugged you mean "finally got smacked in the mouth for the first time all season" then yes, your unstoppable turf greyhounds got mugged. That was one of the two key parts of the Pats' game plan going in: 1) Shadow Faulk out of the backfield the entire game ,and 2) make the Rams WR's know they were hit on every play. It started on the opening pass to Holt when Tebucky Jones drilled him and, pretty quickly, Holt/Ike/Proehl heard footsteps on every pass.

No, by mugging I meant grabbed and held at intervals all down the field well after the 5 yard chuck. Intentionally breaking the rules, knowing the refreees weren't going to throw a flag during the Superbowl. Doing whatever they could get away with inside and outside the rules to win. THe receivers were grabbed and held all day long. It was so blatant they changed the rules the next season. Didn't you write a book about football? How could you not know this? It is common knowledge.

:D I will try to find reference that isn't a columnist, if you want.

Edited by cre8tiff

No, by mugging I meant grabbed and held at intervals all down the field well after the 5 yard chuck. Intentionally breaking the rules, knowing the refreees weren't going to throw a flag during the Superbowl. Doing whatever they could get away with inside and outside the rules to win. THe receivers were grabbed and held all day long. It was so blatant they changed the rules the next season. Didn't you write a book about football? How could you not know this? It is common knowledge.

Can you provide some proof to this claim?

I don't think you can.

Time to move on....it was 6 years ago and the Rams lost. PM me your address and I will send you a hankie.

EDIT: You dummy, that was 2004. It has no bearing on 2001. And the rules weren't changed, they were just enforced more strictly....and who's fault is it that the rules are enforced in a particular manner? When does that become cheating on the team's part?

Edited by Caveman_Nick

I've always liked Shula, but this is nothing short of sour grapes on his part.

Sour grapes or honest opinion?

The Pats got caught cheating plain and simple.No one can say how it was used or if and when it was used,but its still considered cheating and an asterick was earned if they go undefeated.

If they didnt do it in the first place they wouldnt have to worry about it,no one to blame but themselves.

I was drunk when I wrote those books. I barely know what you're talking about.

Well dude, you have written far more books than me. You deserve more respect than I am giving you.

Many apologies. But the Pats still held. :D

Based on that sign off, are you sure you're not UT just effing with us? :D

Edited by msaint

I don't understand the asterisk theory, weren't they caught in the 1st quarter of the first game? How does that reflect on the rest of the season's games? If the Patriots win out, which is highly unlikely given the nature of Football and tough games on the schedule still, I think it would be far more impressive than the Dolphins, due to league parity, salary cap and more games played.

However, you have to respect the Dolphins for what they did. They're the only ones to do it. If the PATS win the Superbowl and go undefeated, which is no guarantee after watching how close the Colts game was, I hope they will be raising glasses of champagne with the PATS and not bitching and moaning about an asterisk.

I dont personally have an issue with the 72 Dolphins celebrating the perfect season. They did it, they can do what they want as far as I am concerned. That said, I think if they waited until the season was over before celebrating, I think people wouldnt look at it with as much contempt as they do when the Phins crack open the bubbly as soon as the last undefeated team loses.