[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PIT vs JAX

BeeR

Not to minimize FWP's contribution to the PIT offense during the year, but Parker has about the same chance to find the end zone this week as he seems to have had in any game since what, October?

He doesn't have to find the endzone, getting the yards would set up some touchdown passes.

The same things that are causing problems for the Steelers are things that have hurt them in the past in the postseason:

- Defense shuts down the run and forces the Steelers to pass

- Roethlisberger, with no rushing attack to rely on is forced into making mistakes

- Bad special teams

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my... game thoughts so far

They keep going on and on about the Pitt injury's, look at the Jax starters who are out or on IR, they ain't pretty either.

'QB was in the grasp'? What kind of BS is that, some of Bens best plays come while he is 'in the grasp', that shovel pass almost got to Fred.

The first Pitt drive... I really got knotted up in my gut, it was 2005 vs. NE all over again. Since then, I am a little more chill. :D

However, I fear this Pitt team, with Ben under center, they can do anything at anytime. I won't relax until isleeya is singing.

GO JAGS!!!! :D

Hey Menyoudo, wanna do that double or nothin? :wacko:

~ edit to add, holmes had that catch, they were robbed.

Edited by H8tank

Reality setting in.....

Note for the future:

Starting good - finishing bad: Not a good sign for the playoffs (2007-2008)

Starting bad - finishing good - A good sign for the playoffs (2005-2006)

Rothlisberger has lousy field vision. On several of these sacks, he had guys open. On that last sack, if he saw him, he had a WIDE open reciever in the pattern down the middle. Didn't catch who that was, but he had seperation and nothing but PA mud between him and the goal line. i don't thonk Roths is a lousy QB.... but with no protection he is gettong some David Carr syndrome.... as he hits Holmes for a td! LOL....

Well TD PIT so they aren't dead - yet. Don't think it'll matter though.

But give PIT D credit for getting fired up now.....I think they know this is the last gasp

Edited by BeeR

Big Ben must be driving PIT fans crazy. He throws another horrible pass that should've been his fourth pick, then follows it ups with a great last-second sidearm throw for the first down.

PS I can't believe he's passed for 300 yds.

Edited by BeeR

Help me out...

Early in the first half, Del Rio challenged the non-fumble by the end zone. Steeler (Splaeth, I think) had knee down before ball came out. Officials blew the whistle at this point. Jax player picked up the ball and ran.

We know the challenge didn't hold up and the Steelers maintained possession.

Michaels said that if the challenge was instead correct (a fumble), the officials could give the ball to the Jags.

How is that possible? I thought that an incidental whistle blows the play dead and that since the Jags didn't have possession at the time of the whistle, the Steelers would keep the ball no matter what happened after the whistle.

Am I missing something? Or is Michaels just plain wrong?

Help me out...

Early in the first half, Del Rio challenged the non-fumble by the end zone. Steeler (Splaeth, I think) had knee down before ball came out. Officials blew the whistle at this point. Jax player picked up the ball and ran.

We know the challenge didn't hold up and the Steelers maintained possession.

Michaels said that if the challenge was instead correct (a fumble), the officials could give the ball to the Jags.

How is that possible? I thought that an incidental whistle blows the play dead and that since the Jags didn't have possession at the time of the whistle, the Steelers would keep the ball no matter what happened after the whistle.

Am I missing something? Or is Michaels just plain wrong?

The rule was modified a couple years back to allow the other team to recover the ball after the whistle, but not advance it. It was in cases of this of an errant or quick whistle.