[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where do you rank Roddy White?

Someone

Where do you rank WR Roddy White?

As a Falcon's fan ( :wacko: ) I'm curious as to what everyone else thinks.

He had a pretty good year last year - 1202 yd & 6 TDs.

But at some point this year he'll probably have a rookie throwing him the ball.

The Huddle has him ranked at #16 among WRs.

Too high?

Too low?

or just right?

He's the 2nd best WR on a team who's offense will be ranked near last in the league. That ranks him somewhere down in the 30's or 40's IMHO. Undoubtedly he will be drafted much higher than where I would take him.

He's the 2nd best WR on a team who's offense will be ranked near last in the league. That ranks him somewhere down in the 30's or 40's IMHO. Undoubtedly he will be drafted much higher than where I would take him.

Who's the best WR on that team if White's second best? Horn, Jenkins, Robinson?

I don't think he's going to approach last years numbers. The team is going to really emphasize the running game to take preasure off the rookie QB.

Who's the best WR on that team if White's second best? Horn, Jenkins, Robinson?

Laurent Robinson... and I think that we'll see them calling plays that favor developing chemistry in the relationship between Ryan and Robinson more so than any of the other guys (assuming Ryan gets the start).

Laurent Robinson... and I think that we'll see them calling plays that favor developing chemistry in the relationship between Ryan and Robinson more so than any of the other guys (assuming Ryan gets the start).

No way. Roddy White is the clear #1. And the best WR on the team.

I don't think he's going to approach last years numbers. The team is going to really emphasize the running game to take preasure off the rookie QB.

I think that he just might approach last year's numbers.

Yes. The team will emphasize the run, but you know that they are going to lose a lot of games and will be playing from behind all season.

So they'll have to throw.

And new OC Mike Mularkey's schemes have always emphasized throwing to the WRs. (Remember his days in Pittsburgh?)

His schemes don't utilize the tight end very much. (Not that the Falcon's have one to speak of since we let Crumpler go.)

Somebody's going to catch some balls and I think that it will be White.

I wouldn't be surprised if White gets 1,100 - 1,200 yds and 5-6 TDs.

Edited by Someone

So says the guy with Robinson in a dynasty league... :wacko:

Even though Laurent went to my alma matar - I think it's premature to say he's the best WR on that team. Time will tell, but I see Roddy getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 1100 yds 8 TDs

So says the guy with Robinson in a dynasty league... :wacko:

I've got him on 2 dynasty teams precisely because I happen to agree with SB's evaluation of the situation in ATL. I also traded away White while his value was high.

Just because a player is on your team doesn't mean you are hoping for unrealistic results. You draft a guy because you expect a performance that outperforms his ADP. Having a player on one's roster doesn't make one's opinion invalid.

How about none of the above?

Team is in upheaval. Neither player was drafted by the new staff so there's no loyalty to either.

Then there's Mularkey at OC who is not exactly at the apex of his career coming off terrible stints with Miami and Buffalo. Those were bad teams to begin with but not near as bad as the Falcons look on paper going into this season.

I was wrong last year on White so I guess I'll take White now. 8 games with either 80+ yds OR a TD, 5 of those with 100+ yds... all with a horrible carousel of QBs (Harrington, Redman, Leftwich), new offensive system, and a first year NFL HC that was probably already planning his escape after about 10 weeks. Under those circumstances it seems like a miracle that White did anything.

Oh and where to rank him... in a redraft, I wouldn't expect anything more than WR3 numbers from him this year so I wouldn't consider him before say the 7th/8th round, IMO.

Edited by kingfish247

QB is the biggest issue. If they had somebody who could get him the ball (not that they really did last year) I'd have much more confidence in him.

You mean like Brett Favre? :wacko:

Why do you think that he is going to have a marked worse season than in 2008 when he was the 9th best wideout in yardage (1202), 13th in receptions (83) and scored six times?

1. He may have a rookie QB, but that would be the best rookie QB that came out this year in the draft. He managed to do what he did last year playing with Harrington, Leftwich and Redman as starting QBs. I do not see the immediate dropoff others do.

2. Laurent Robinson may develop into a good WR at some point but his rookie year only had 37 catches for 437 yards and 1 TD in 15 games played. He has a long way to go to catch up to White. As mentioned before, the new offense will pass primarily to WR and that means mostly to White.

3. White enters his fourth season and once he was finally used in 2008, he was very solid in his first year as a starter on a bad team with bad QBs and no rushing game to concern anyone. Would having a run game that may demand respect help the passing game?

I think White is coming along very nicely and his outlook is brighter now than 12 months ago.

He should be a safe bet to top last season's numbers. This is a kid that keeps getting better. While he may not "explode" this season, he should have a good enough season this year to be considered in the top ten at this time next year. Talent almost always rises to the top in this league. White is talented.

some good posts here on White. Im one of the believers that the situation this season isnt any worse than last year. Mularkey made Hines Ward one of the best fantasy WRs in football during his time with the Steelers. 83 1202 6 was nice last year, and I think he gets a lot of targets again as he switches to the "Z" position in this new offense. While its true that the Falcons will try and run more, I still see them neededing to throw somewhere in order to maintain a balanced offense, and I see White as the clear 1st option over L.Robinson. Also I think they will trailing in a lot og games this season, and will be throwing more than they want to in the 4th quarter. White was a 1st rd pick by Atlanta in 2005 so its not as if he doesnt have the talent to move into elite status. Before last seasons pathetic QB committee he only had Vick as a QB which might have stunted his growth in his first 2 years. I dealt him away in one league, and feel I made a mistake later. Since then Ive aquired him in 3 others

I think he can match last year's numbers. Look at the terrible QB's he had throwing to him last year, and he still put up good numbers. Can a rookie QB be any worse?

Their defence will still suck, so they'll be in plenty of shoot-outs. And the threat of a running game may actually open things up for him more. He really doesn't have any competition. Robinson's a sexy sleeper pick to talk about, but he hasn't done anything yet.