[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CCS Pick #13

Avernus

Getting very odd here a the huddle. Pretty much every "expert" service I have looked at has Brady in the latter half of the first-round, no lower than 9-10 in every mock draft I have seen. Here, though, he goes after Ryan Grant?

I think many here are living in the past, where the RB theory was godspeak. Ryan Grant will be marginally better/worse than the next 8-10 RBS taken after him. Brady/Manning will be significantly better than the next 4-5 QBs taken after them, save for the shot-in-the-dark QB that ends up having a much better year than expected.

Oh well, for the 5th consectutive pick for me.....Brady.

My thought is that Grant has a CHANCE to join the elite backs in the league this year. He is the only RB left on the board that I think has that legitimate chance. He does have a chance to be significantly better than the next 8 backs off the board, while I am not so convinced Brady is a relative value over the next 3 QBs off the board.

If you look at both players stats over the last half of the season in '07 you will see that Brady only outscored Grant by 23 points. On a per game basis Grant was only behind Westbrook and Tomlinson in producing points (for RBs). It is that potential that causes me do want to give Grant a shot. And it is the statistical probability that Brady will fall back to the pack this year that makes me want to pass.

Edited by rattsass

I assume we are drafting this as if this was the same guy who picked 12th....so since I got Ryan Grant at 12, I need impact at another position......I go with T. O.

That isn't defined. It could be a 16 team league because thy are pretty common here. Good point though.

Getting very odd here a the huddle. Pretty much every "expert" service I have looked at has Brady in the latter half of the first-round, no lower than 9-10 in every mock draft I have seen. Here, though, he goes after Ryan Grant?

I think many here are living in the past, where the RB theory was godspeak. Ryan Grant will be marginally better/worse than the next 8-10 RBS taken after him. Brady/Manning will be significantly better than the next 4-5 QBs taken after them, save for the shot-in-the-dark QB that ends up having a much better year than expected.

no, the dropoff is the most important key here...

If I can stock up on 2-3 quality RB's to rotate in case a RB does not work out, then I am fine with very good QB production which is something I usually get every year...

last year in my local, I took 4 RB's in the 1st 6 rounds and made a trade involving 2 of them for SJax and SHolmes.....not to mention drafting Big Ben late....

I never get a QB coming off an outstanding year and I don't take QB's in the 1st 3 rounds anyways....there is no way I'd take Brady yet, although he is another pick or 2 away for me (edit:from Ryan Grant, that is..)....

Edited by Avernus

I hope you aren't trying to call the Huddle CCS an "Expert Service".

:wacko:

:D