[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most INSANE pick you've seen this year?

muck

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it relates well here. I can't think of very many guys I'd rather be 'stuck' with than Peyton Manning (who has never missed a game). IEspecially in a keeper league, his value has not wavered one bit over the course of the last 5+ years.

While just look over the course of the last 3-4 years at the RB's whose value has went overboard (and I'm sure I'm missing quite a # of others)-- Dom Davis, Cadillac, Cedric, Alexander, Deuce, .Chester taylor. the Denver RB flavor of the year, Julius Jones, Kevin Jones, Rudi Johnson, Lamont Jordan. When I see bad dynasty/keeper teams for sale, they are usually the teams that invested their high picks on RB's that busted.

I'd rather own Peyton Manning and a lesser RB/WR than a 2nd round RB/WR and lesser QB. :wacko: RB's careers are too short/values can be nill in a moment's notice & WR position is so contingent on the QB situation. If we all shared the same opinion, fantasy football wouldn't be worth playing.

I'm not sure it relates as much as you want it to. This was a keeper league where more than one owner chose to not keep QBs, rather deciding to be stingy with their RBs and WRs. And in turn, a savvy owner decided to buck the trend those owners were hoping for: that is, the teams that were picking first in the draft already had QBs, and they hoped Manning would slide.

Still, there are at least some instances where having two "stud" QBs on your team - at least at this point - makes sense. Now, if you get stuck with these two QBs, you're screwed.

In a 32 team-homar league when pickins were mighty thin, I took Shaun Alexander in a late round. Not horrific, IMO as most RBs left won't even sniff the field. But what had me scratchin' my arse was another Huddler picking a half a round after me Mr. Tiki Barber.

Soon after, Travis Henry was picked (isn't he facing a year's suspension? - It's a redraft league.

couple of days ago, a person draft shaun alexander in late pick. Rest of us went "huh??"

Does not your league at least require that the player be on an active roster? If not, why not start drafting some college seniors for carryover.

Last night, I go to Chief Dick's local leagues draft to fill in for a guy who couldn't make it. Scoring rules for the 12 team league are pretty standard.

The guy picking 10th had an evening full of head-scratchers. His best pick was: 3rd round, 34th overall ... TJ DUCKETT ...

Can anyone come close to this piece of genius?

Did he have his draft cheat sheet upside down?

couple of days ago, a person draft shaun alexander in late pick. Rest of us went "huh??"

Does not your league at least require that the player be on an active roster? If not, why not start drafting some college seniors for carryover.

It's a late round gamble. Why do you care? If he isn't signed the guy can replace him wit a FA. Who starts their late picks unless they're keekers anyway?

In a 32 team-homar league when pickins were mighty thin, I took Shaun Alexander in a late round. Not horrific, IMO as most RBs left won't even sniff the field. But what had me scratchin' my arse was another Huddler picking a half a round after me Mr. Tiki Barber.

Soon after, Travis Henry was picked (isn't he facing a year's suspension? - It's a redraft league.

It's the "Legends" Draft. Give me Walter Payton, or Emitt Smith!

1. Tom Brady Watermelon Boys

2. Adrian Peterson Blood and Sweat

3. Randy Moss Tyler Durden

4. LaDainian Tomlinson Megabyters

5. Marion Barber coots

6. Joseph Addai Golden Boy

7. Marshawn Lynch mscustoms

8. Brian Westbrook Vandelay Industries

9. Clinton Portis Turducken

10. Drew Brees Cool Brees

11. Steven Jackson AR tooth smuggler

12. Tony Romo Boomer Sooner