[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kitna benched

tonyr0802

I think the place you start is with the rookie RB, and get someone other than Kitna in there.

The next thing I do is run Roy Williams out of town. You can tell the way he prances around after each posession that he is not a good influence on other players.

Get someone in there who can rebuild their OL and DL, and hope you can hire a coach that is young and can work into his prime over the next 6-8 years.

This is easily the worst team I've seen this year.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the place you start is with the rookie RB, and get someone other than Kitna in there.

The next thing I do is run Roy Williams out of town. You can tell the way he prances around after each posession that he is not a good influence on other players.

Get someone in there who can rebuild their OL and DL, and hope you can hire a coach that is young and can work into his prime over the next 6-8 years.

So lets see their recipe for succes is to replace the RB, QB & one of their WR's. Then rebuild both their OL & DL.

In other words...BLOW UP THE TEAM!!!

BTW...I agree with you gilthorp.

It is, but there are other needs.

I don't know. There are only a few teams with mediocre QB talent that win a lot of games. I good QB (or at least a 2nd round QB) could make a difference long term if they have coaches who can develop the talent. I think I've heard a few talent scouts say it is a 50/50 hit or miss ratio with 1st round QBs. Seems to be about the same ratio as Detroit has picked wideouts the last few years so I don't see the risk of going QB 1st or 2nd.

So lets see their recipe for succes is to replace the RB, QB & one of their WR's. Then rebuild both their OL & DL.

In other words...BLOW UP THE TEAM!!!

BTW...I agree with you gilthorp.

That's the sad thing - there is really nothing to build upon. The Lions have an old team (4th oldest in the league) thanks in part to Marinelli bringing in a bunch of fossils from Tampa Bay. For the entire Millen era, the Lions have refused to acknowledge that they need to rebuild.

The Lions have 3 solid younger players: Calvin Johnson, Roy Williams and Ernie Sims. Kevin Smith may be ok. That's in doubt, as he lacks a burst and runs tentatively. Drew Stanton is an unknown quantity. That's about it.

Marinelli is a terrible head coach. He is way over his head. (He's still talking about how good the Lions practices were this week). He helped Millen run this team even further into the ground.

Given the ineptness of the Lions scouts and front office, what good is trying to stockpile draft picks going to do?

Its comical.

:wacko:

That's the sad thing - there is really nothing to build upon. The Lions have an old team (4th oldest in the league) thanks in part to Marinelli bringing in a bunch of fossils from Tampa Bay. For the entire Millen era, the Lions have refused to acknowledge that they need to rebuild.

The Lions have 3 solid younger players: Calvin Johnson, Roy Williams and Ernie Sims. Kevin Smith may be ok. That's in doubt, as he lacks a burst and runs tentatively. Drew Stanton is an unknown quantity. That's about it.

Marinelli is a terrible head coach. He is way over his head. (He's still talking about how good the Lions practices were this week). He helped Millen run this team even further into the ground.

Given the ineptness of the Lions scouts and front office, what good is trying to stockpile draft picks going to do?

Its comical.

:wacko:

Word.

I was ready to point out some other young players, so I took a look at the roster.

:D

What about Avril and Dizon? Have they shown anything? I haven't seen any of the games.

Avril was activated for the first time this week and made a couple big plays. Dizon is still too green; hasn't gotten many reps at Mike and hasn't made an impact when he has. A T2 Mike really needs to know the system.

Peace

policy

Jon Kitna was Matt Berry's (ESPN Fantasy analyist) pick for sleeper QB of the week. :wacko: Can this guy be any more wrong and still keep a job?

Gives a whole new perspective on the word "sleeper".

So is Stanton going to get a shot now?

Gives a whole new perspective on the word "sleeper".

So is Stanton going to get a shot now?

I don't think he's healthy yet. Give him a couple more weeks, then the Lions can really hit rock bottom after Stanton affirms that they have no QB for the future.

Rams fans would disagree. Maybe.

I don't think he's healthy yet. Give him a couple more weeks, then the Lions can really hit rock bottom after Stanton affirms that they have no QB for the future.

He says he's healthy. I wouldn't write him off before giving him a chance.

He says he's healthy. I wouldn't write him off before giving him a chance.

A lot of players say they are healthy and can play when they really aren't. With Stanton, it almost doesn't even matter if he has the skills to be a franchise QB, because he'll never be healthy on a consistent basis to be one.

Who Cares, recently signed 4th year QB out of South Eastern Middle Dakota.

Unfortunately, I do.....I have Roethlisberger on bye, and Kitna as my other QB. There really isn't anyone exciting available on the waiver wire, so, if Kitna is starting, I might consider keeping him for a week.

A lot of players say they are healthy and can play when they really aren't. With Stanton, it almost doesn't even matter if he has the skills to be a franchise QB, because he'll never be healthy on a consistent basis to be one.

Yeah write him off before he even plays. :wacko:

i think I'll depend on other people now for news on the lions. Of course getting them to step off the ledge may be a problem.

Yeah write him off before he even plays. :wacko:

i think I'll depend on other people now for news on the lions. Of course getting them to step off the ledge may be a problem.

In three years when Stanton is bouncing around the league Joey Harrington-style, I expect an apology.