[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Super Bowl panic thread

Randall

My rbs situation is horrible. It was just posted that Bush is out this week. I also have Addai. I am thinking about picking up Choice and taking my chances with him against the ravens. I was also thinking about Foster againt st louis. I am waiting to see whats up with gore. Otherwise my 2 rbs will be J Stewart and L Washington.

In the finals in four leagues, and I'm already second-guessing myself (on who to start) in all of them... It's only going to get worse as the week goes on... By Sunday, I'll be :D ... I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of "game-time decisions" on my part. Unfortunately, as much as I enjoy using this site and it's rankings/projections as a tool each week, they're only going to add fuel to the fire of uncertainty this week. :wacko:

Why panic? You have made all of the decisions surrounding your fantasy team all year and look where it got you, the Championship BABY!

So this is just another week. Just set your lineup and go.

For instance, I will start Warner over Ryan as always, wait, Warner is outside in New England and Ryan is playing in a dome, what about weather? Nevermind moving on

I will start Turner and Gore, wait, what if Gore is inactive, should I start Cadillac instead and hope for a td, or go with 3 wr's . No Gore will probably play but what if he tweaks that ankle after just one carry? Crap

Ok WR Calvin Johnson is starting for sure now, Ward with him or Berrian, no wait Colston, yeah Colston & Johnson, crap how can I sit Ward, crap

Ok moving on TE, Gates is in for sure but dang it Keller is facing the worst pass defense in the league should I sit Gates for Keller?

Thanks man now I am panicking too!!

I'm in it to win it all. The prize is unbelievable. Not even going to say what is at stake so as to avoid jinx but when and if I win this thing you all will here the greatest prize in fantasy football that I could ever win. I hope so much to win I can't stand it. Good luck to all and I can't wait.

I'm in it to win it all. The prize is unbelievable. Not even going to say what is at stake so as to avoid jinx but when and if I win this thing you all will here the greatest prize in fantasy football that I could ever win. I hope so much to win I can't stand it. Good luck to all and I can't wait.

You know that 40 Virgins thing is just a ruse right? :wacko:

My panic this week comes from the unknown, fear of a serious toe injury on the first carry of the game sort of stuff. This may be the strongest fantasy team I've every rolled into the playoffs. It's the kind of team you love to have, but at the same time, who do you sit? I'm not asking for advice, this is not a WDIS hijack, it's purely hypothetical, but our league only plays 2 RB's and I've got Thomas Jones, Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson & Pierre Thomas. Yes, there are more than 2 teams in the league. I'll be happy when 1:00PM ET rolls around on Sunday and I can't do any more about it, but sit back and root for my team.

My panic this week comes from the unknown, fear of a serious toe injury on the first carry of the game sort of stuff. This may be the strongest fantasy team I've every rolled into the playoffs. It's the kind of team you love to have, but at the same time, who do you sit? I'm not asking for advice, this is not a WDIS hijack, it's purely hypothetical, but our league only plays 2 RB's and I've got Thomas Jones, Matt Forte, Adrian Peterson & Pierre Thomas. Yes, there are more than 2 teams in the league. I'll be happy when 1:00PM ET rolls around on Sunday and I can't do any more about it, but sit back and root for my team.

That's tough... Do you go with the matchups or your "studs"? I know you're not technically asking for advice, but I'll put my two cents in anyway. I just can't see myself benching Peterson. That leaves one of the other three... As much as it would be hard to do, I'd probably sit Jones/Forte and go with Thomas. With Bush now out, I just don't see any risk with that play. Scoring is also a factor, although all of those three are fairly decent in PPR. Bottom line is you're probably going to have some decent points on your bench, no matter what direction you go. Hopefully, it's just not more than your starters' points.

That's tough... Do you go with the matchups or your "studs"? I know you're not technically asking for advice, but I'll put my two cents in anyway. I just can't see myself benching Peterson. That leaves one of the other three... As much as it would be hard to do, I'd probably sit Jones/Forte and go with Thomas. With Bush now out, I just don't see any risk with that play. Scoring is also a factor, although all of those three are fairly decent in PPR. Bottom line is you're probably going to have some decent points on your bench, no matter what direction you go. Hopefully, it's just not more than your starters' points.

It definitely feels like one of those "blessings" that could be a curse. Nice position to be in, and as long as I'm victorious, the points left on my bench won't bother me. I just don't want to be here on Monday talking about what could have been!

I'm leaning Peterson / Thomas right now too, though I'll be monitoring this ankle situation of Peterson's the rest of the week.

Here's a bonus, my opponent has Manning tonight, so if he has an average or below average night, my decisions become slightly easier to make, but if he blows up tonight ... the pressure mounts.

Man I love this time of the year.

i'm in a similar situation to baddfish, i have Slaton, PT Cruiser and Jacobs, playing the first 2.

i scraped it together all year to get to this week knowing i had excellent match ups,

now that i made it, the match ups just seem to good to be true....lol

:wacko:

Managing to do what it takes to get through the regular season, and aligning matchups for the playoffs is a great strategy in my opinion. My local league had one team win the championship 5 years running using this strategy. During which time we moved from a 14 team league, to a 12 team keeper, then to a 10 team redraft ... and the strategy continued to work. He wasn't always the strongest regular season record, but he won when it mattered.