[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eagles @ Cardinals

jaxfactor

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeebus! Break up the freaking Cardinals. I can't remember being so taken by surprise by a team in the play-off. They just limped along and managed a verrrry pedestrian record despite playing in a division that gave them 6 free wins. Now they're off the freaking hook.

refs got that call amazingly exactly right....hit Abiamiri while he was stepping out of bounds.

No way. The second angle shows no deflection whatsoever of the ball's path when the guy went by.

No matter, the refs screwed that call up. Not challengable.

I think the rules will change quickly about what is reviewable and what isn't. There is a growing voice that the NFL should get the calls right. Baseball is starting to use review, basketball already uses it for last second shots, hockey uses it...time for the NFL to get with the program.

they are booing, and don't even realize it is irrelevant....ball would have been dead where it hit Abiamiri when it hit him while he was out
It ended up being irrelevant, but I don't think it touched him after it touched his finger. The bounce was clearly in bounds as you could see green under the ball during the bounce. If it touched is arm or leg after the bounce, it wasn't clear on any of the replays. The one that might have shown it had an obstructed view.

No way. The second angle shows no deflection whatsoever of the ball's path when the guy went by.

No matter, the refs screwed that call up. Not challengable.

:wacko:

they called it dead when it hit the defender out of bounds...by rule not reviewable....if it had been reviewable, the call would have stood, since it was apparent the ball deflected off Abiamiris arm...at worst, it would have been inconclusive, and not overturned.

:wacko:

they called it dead when it hit the defender out of bounds...by rule not reviewable....if it had been reviewable, the call would have stood, since it was apparent the ball deflected off Abiamiris arm...at worst, it would have been inconclusive, and not overturned.

Apparently from the posts in this thread, it is only clear to you. I'll repeat, no deflection of the ball's path when the player went by the ball. That indicates to me, no contact.

But like you said, not reviewable so no matter. But, the NFL should follow the other leagues that are using replay to get calls correct.