[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HOF game tonight

Flip_Side

And this thread has absolutely nothing in it that has to do with the questions I've asked.

Chill. BJ was being helpful, not a monster truck aficionado.

Ironic that VY begins his march to the HOF by playing in the HOF game tonight.....

:wacko:

Vince Young sucks out loud, and I think Alge sucked out Lendales fat with a straw.

Lendale picking up where he left off....15 more stolen tds from CJ?

In defense of Vince Young his head gear was off or something. Prolly should have called time out.

The Bills O-line is in for a looooong season.

It's awfully early, but here are my impressions:

TEN is looking to start off right where they ended last season. It looks like Nate Washington is going to get a lot of love in this O. Vince Young looked terrible and is going to have to play a hell of a lot better to even make the team. Chris Johnson is being over-rated this year and LenDale White is being under-rated. Johnson can spring the big play, but is he going to lose opportunities if he continues to gain 1 yd in his first 6 carries? He definitely could lose more than he did last year to White, and I could have sworn I was watching Tatum Bell run instead of Johnson.

BUF's 1st team looks O looks way out of sync and needs a ton of work in the no huddle O they are using. That said, Bills' O players are going to be highly desirable if they are dedicated to running this O the whole season in that they are going to get a lot more plays than other teams. They'll score FF points through sheer attrition. D looks pretty solid and Posluszny looks like the animal that he was projected to be when drafted as a rookie.

Edited by Bronco Billy

The Bills O-line is in for a looooong season.

That's what I noticed. The starting LG was blown up almost every play. He was 5 yards in the backfield before the handoff took place. They better have either a replacement or go after a free agent fast!

I wanna see TEN WR Dudley Guice!

It'll take some time being that he's making the transition from DII. He was in the game at the end. Looks like TEN is doing everything they can to see if Davis is going to step up - they were targeting him an awful lot. Not too impressive results despite the relatively high number of targets. Hawkins looked like his pedestrian self. Guise very well could get that all-important opportunity.

On TEN's rushing offense (which didn't look nearly as sharp as normal): I think two factors played into that a bit. The first, and probably less important, is that these teams play each other in the regular season and I'll bet the offensive playbook was dumbed down a bit because of it. The second, and probably more important, is that Buffalo's D came into this game desperate to prove they could stop the run. The sold out on run defense pretty heavily through the first couple series, including some run blitzes that left TE's open all over the field. Both RB's had terrible YPC for the game (though only 6 carries each) and White was getting stuffed by the second stringers (so I think CJ's job is safe).

On BUF's offensive line: The same thing is in play here... I think TEN was desperate to show they have DT depth with Haynesworth gone and maybe made things look a little bit worse for Buffalo than they really are. Edwards looked pretty good running the no-huddle, so (as has been said) that's probably worth monitoring because they may end up with a lot of attempts which could translate into a lot of points.

And, of course, this was the first preseason game between two teams that have four more preseason games each. It's probably a teensy bit early to be making snap judgements from it. :P

On TEN's rushing offense (which didn't look nearly as sharp as normal): I think two factors played into that a bit. The first, and probably less important, is that these teams play each other in the regular season and I'll bet the offensive playbook was dumbed down a bit because of it. The second, and probably more important, is that Buffalo's D came into this game desperate to prove they could stop the run. The sold out on run defense pretty heavily through the first couple series, including some run blitzes that left TE's open all over the field. Both RB's had terrible YPC for the game (though only 6 carries each) and White was getting stuffed by the second stringers (so I think CJ's job is safe).

On BUF's offensive line: The same thing is in play here... I think TEN was desperate to show they have DT depth with Haynesworth gone and maybe made things look a little bit worse for Buffalo than they really are. Edwards looked pretty good running the no-huddle, so (as has been said) that's probably worth monitoring because they may end up with a lot of attempts which could translate into a lot of points.

And, of course, this was the first preseason game between two teams that have four more preseason games each. It's probably a teensy bit early to be making snap judgements from it. :P

Except that when a DT lines up straight over a guard and the guard gets pushed back virtually every play, there is absolutely something to worry about. No matter how many preseason games they've played. He better either get stronger real fast or the center is going to have to help him constantly. Either way, it's a major problem.