[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

d. mccluster(chiefs homers)

mccluster is a guy im definitley targeting....was a fan of him at ole miss(and im from RI...just watch alot of college ball).and now im even more eager after hearing what a camp hes having so far....my league requires me to start 3 backs and 4 receivers(any combo of wr/tes)....mccluster will be labled a "receiver" in my league and thats where id have to play him in a lineup....but any rushing stats accumulated would also count.....my question is if anyone knows if the chiefs are doing anything in camp with him in the backfield?? any plans to maybe get him 5 carries or so a game in addition to pass targets? i could definitley see this guy as a terror in the slot ala welker....but would like to know if they plan to incorporate him in the backfield at all....would be nice to see them plan to get him the ball 10-12 times a game minimum

real curious to see where hed be going in drafts as of today.....and over the next couple weeks....i draft on september 2nd....by then i expect the cat will be fully out of the bag and hell have shot up boards quite a bit....possibly in the 7-9 rd range maybe?

Rookie Draft in May

2.03 15. Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood McCluster, Dexter KCC WR ® Sat May 15 6:48:53 p.m. CT 2010

12 man IDP Auction startup.

32. Steve Perry Hooker Boots. Mustache Won Auction won McCluster, Dexter KCC WR for $12.00

Sat May 22 11:41:09 p.m. ET 2010

Edited by piratesownninjas

I don't see him getting many RB snaps, unless they use him where he comes in motion and is handed the ball by Cassell or from the Wildcat formation.

Thomas Jones has been taking direct snaps from the Wildcat formation, so there's a good bet McCluster would take a handoff from him. They are going to use McCluster from a variety of spots, but mostly as a receiver.

My guess is maybe 10 touches a game, but he has the speed and quickness to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. He has also blown out 3 pairs of N.ike cleats this camp just by making his cuts. :wacko:

Edited by Chief Dick

I don't see him getting many RB snaps, unless they use him where he comes in motion and is handed the ball by Cassell or from the Wildcat formation.

Thomas Jones has been taking direct snaps from the Wildcat formation, so there's a good bet McCluster would take a handoff from him. They are going to use McCluster from a variety of spots, but mostly as a receiver.

My guess is maybe 10 touches a game, but he has the speed and quickness to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. He has also blown out 3 pairs of N.ike cleats this camp just by making his cuts. :wacko:

I think the only snaps from the back field he will see will be Wild cat and check downs but will be slotted at receiver quite a bit. I suspect by mid season, he could see 10 to 15 looks and be a DJax style big player.... POTENTIALLY.

I think the only snaps from the back field he will see will be Wild cat and check downs but will be slotted at receiver quite a bit. I suspect by mid season, he could see 10 to 15 looks and be a DJax style big player.... POTENTIALLY.

I would put him in the Percy Harvin range rather than Jackson, but yeah... he'll be worked into that offense for sure.

I would put him in the Percy Harvin range rather than Jackson, but yeah... he'll be worked into that offense for sure.

He has that burst speed to break away from defenders, like DJax so you might see him getting those long, 70+ yard TD's like DJax.

does anyone know his 40 time? i'd read he didn't have 4.4 speed.

Neither did Jerry Rice. I'm in no way saying McCluster is the next Rice, but what a guy can run in shorts and a short doesn't mean as much as most seem to think. McCluster is a human juke machine. He's going to break many, many ankles.

Talk about his times all you want, but the guy is flat out fast. When it's the rave of all the teammates, fans and coaches...he's fast! Clearly the fastest person on the field. He has moves and as CD mentioned the biggest challenge so far is keeping a healthy stock of cleats for the guy because he cuts so hard he is splitting the soles of the shoes!

Even the NFL really didn't consider his 4.58 40 time legit due to the stumble, but it has to count.

Now here is a number people should be awed at! During the short shuttle drill at the combine, McCluster ran a 4.06 (better than even Bo Jackson who ran a 4.1 at the combine). Now that's fast!

So of course McCluster comes in and promptly gets 3 or 4 hand offs in a row, lining up in the backfield. :wacko:

He looked pretty good. Fast, and hit the corner quick. Showed some good catching ability, though he did drop one if I recall. They are going to use him.

A lot.

So of course McCluster comes in and promptly gets 3 or 4 hand offs in a row, lining up in the backfield. :wacko:

He looked pretty good. Fast, and hit the corner quick. Showed some good catching ability, though he did drop one if I recall. They are going to use him.

A lot.

He did look good. He and Charles are going to make a lot of defenses very very tired this season.

I don't see where the consistency is going to come from. He'll have some big plays, and big games, but he is just soooo tiny. I think there are a couple games where he just gets tossed around and battered. I don't know if he is a player that you can really run any kind of conventional plays for, so to get him that many touches is going to require tons of creativity. I don't think he'll ever be able to just get easy touches by default within the rhythm of the offense. He is a nice piece and a very exciting player, but this thread is starting to make him sound like the second coming.

Edited by Seahawks21

I don't see where the consistency is going to come from. He'll have some big plays, and big games, but he is just soooo tiny. I think there are a couple games where he just gets tossed around and battered. I don't know if he is a player that you can really run any kind of conventional plays for, so to get him that many touches is going to require tons of creativity. I don't think he'll ever be able to just get easy touches by default within the rhythm of the offense. He is a nice piece and a very exciting player, but this thread is starting to make him sound like the second coming.

So you're thinking Darren Sproles type use and production?

So you're thinking Darren Sproles type use and production?

I was thinking Eric Metcalf, but even he had 30 lbs. on this kid. I don't know what you could compare him to. The only name that keeps popping in my head is IceMan McNeil, but I think Mccluster is a better all around player for sure. Have there been any successful players in recent history that were that small, and weren't kickers?