[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wade Phillips FIRED

Grits and Shins

There is not a single reason for keeping Wade Phillips in as the head coach. Y'all can save that "mid-season coaching won't help a team" blabber. Wade needed to go, regardless of what the rest of this season or the future brings. There was not a single positive thing that would have come from keeping him in Dallas.

Same can be said for the bumbling buffoon in Minnesota.

I agree 100% ... on all fronts. I laughed when the announcers declared that Minnesota saved their season with that win :wacko: Childress has to go ... but PLEASE NOT TO DALLAS.

There are SOOOOO many coaches out there that could get this team winning right now. Cowher to name just one I'd be calling this morning.

No way does he come to Dallas. His last tenure was under one of the BEST ownership groups in the league and you think he will now want to work for one of the WORST ownership groups in the league. And I call Jerry one of the worst because of his inability to step out of the GM role, Jerry could be an awesome owner if only he would step back and hire a real GM.

Gruden has experience with one of the worst ownership groups in the league ... I don't see him EVER wanting to repeat that experience.

There may be a ton of great HC candidates out there but none that would be willing to come to Dallas with its current structure.

No way does he come to Dallas. His last tenure was under one of the BEST ownership groups in the league and you think he will now want to work for one of the WORST ownership groups in the league. And I call Jerry one of the worst because of his inability to step out of the GM role, Jerry could be an awesome owner if only he would step back and hire a real GM.

Gruden has experience with one of the worst ownership groups in the league ... I don't see him EVER wanting to repeat that experience.

There may be a ton of great HC candidates out there but none that would be willing to come to Dallas with its current structure.

You're right, I don't think either one want anything to do with Dallas. Unfortunately for Saints fans I think Cower is just waiting for the Carolina job to open up & Gruden might be a good candidate for Minnesota. As for Dallas, I laughed when Jason La Canfora said Sean Payton in 2 years, but Greg Williams could be a possibility after this season.

On a side note there has also been speculation that if GW leaves for another head coaching job then the Saints could go after John Fox as his replacement if/when Fox gets the axe in Carolina.

You're right, I don't think either one want anything to do with Dallas. Unfortunately for Saints fans I think Cower is just waiting for the Carolina job to open up & Gruden might be a good candidate for Minnesota. As for Dallas, I laughed when Jason La Canfora said Sean Payton in 2 years, but Greg Williams could be a possibility after this season.

On a side note there has also been speculation that if GW leaves for another head coaching job then the Saints could go after John Fox as his replacement if/when Fox gets the axe in Carolina.

Agreed on Cowher. I believe he has been waiting on the Carolina job for the last couple of years. He will get his wish this off-season.

As much as I dislike the cowboys I will say this

Maybe it's time owners begin looking at younger head coaches instead of cycling through the same old usual suspects. It's time to bring some fresh perspectives in on HC positions. I personally think Dallas would be dangerous with someone like Tomlin at the helm.

Of course, Garrett's promotion means that we have to root for them to lose, if we also want to see the end of him in Dallas as well. :wacko:

Yes, I am done with Garrett, too. But, we could do worse.

My gut tells me that Jerry may be done with the 3-4, as well. That will be evaluated along with the offensive play calling mix. You can also bet that practice will be totally different.

As much as I dislike the cowboys I will say this

Maybe it's time owners begin looking at younger head coaches instead of cycling through the same old usual suspects. It's time to bring some fresh perspectives in on HC positions. I personally think Dallas would be dangerous with someone like Tomlin at the helm.

lots of new coaches in the NFL in recent years and the Cowboys, I believe want a young face.

Yes, I am done with Garrett, too. But, we could do worse.

My gut tells me that Jerry may be done with the 3-4, as well. That will be evaluated along with the offensive play calling mix. You can also bet that practice will be totally different.

I think your gut is wrong unless they want to completely rebuild the D from the ground up. Where would they put Ware if they did?

I think your gut is wrong unless they want to completely rebuild the D from the ground up. Where would they put Ware if they did?

I don't know Rajn, I just think that Jerry is mad as hell and who knows who may be advising him, if it is the Garretts or what. Ware can be used in a variety of schemes determined by opponent and down/yardage situation, and I am just thinking that maybe Jerry wants a better pass rush up front. It worked for Jimmy Johnson and Jerry could be yearning for the good ol' days.

Do you know what Dallas' overall defensive rankings were with Wade's 3-4?

I'll save you from looking...

9th last year, 8th the year before and 9th the year before that.

and this year makes you feel nice and warm inside? remember the Raven game where they ran two TDs back to back for 50+ each? Now, do you remember Leon Lett in the Super Bowl and the look on Jerry's face when he vaulted the Lonbardi trphy for the 3rd time in 4 years? What were those defenses ranked?

You can play Ware as a DE/LB all year and call it a 3-4 or 4-3, I don't care. But you are paying Ware alot of money to be a LT type and it is not happening. Give me Haley and Leon Lett over this mess in Dallas any day.

All I am saying is Jerry is thinking of starting over, you can bet on that. With the CBA in the position it is, you can bet he is thinking of starting over, as far as coaching and how you use these "talented" players.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Now you can go with a 3-4 head coach, a 3-4 def co. to go along with Garrett, or you can fire Garrett at the end and go with a whole new set of coaches who may use Ware and/or all these DB's we have differently. IMO, the 3-4 was never set up from the ground up. Terrence Newman was here when 4-3. Roy Williams at DB for 4-3. Then you got Carpenter in 2nd round? and Wade had to go to FA and get Brooking & Olschanzsky (misspelled). Spencer's head is not screwed on straight and Ware is by himself. All we did right was get Jay Ratliff.

:wacko:

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

JJ is a VERY RICH Al Davis.

Wade is a very good DC and will find a home next year, somewhere. I was very happy that the Chargers did not turn to him when they "fired" Marty.