[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Your most hated sports sportscaster

The 13ers

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to school and have my degree in journalism, and am still in the media today, we use tons of dirty tricks -that they teach-

Sorry for the vent on my colleagues,

Do those tricks include throwing your colleagues under the bus as an anonymous user at a FF MB?

I hated Skip Bayless for quite some time, mainly because he always dumps on the Seattle teams. However, the more I listen to him, the more I'm convinced that he is pretty darn good. He makes some really good points that most people don't have the balls to say. Between him and Stephen A., there is actually quite a bit of knowledge going on in that room on Wednesdays.

OMG I forgot about Theismann. He wins, and it isn't close. The point routinely goes over that guy's head. The voice, the ego. How do you have an ego that large and be dead wrong so often?

Dat Dude is really bad. Siragusa adds nothing.

Joe Morgan is the worst announcer. He just flat out makes stuff up. The pitcher will throw a changeup and the dumbass calls it a slider. I am convinced he is too busy looking at himself in the monitor to watch the game.

Mr. Morgan is the only announcer I will turn the sound off for. He ruins the game......

Other than that he is OK.....

Joe Morgan is the worst announcer. He just flat out makes stuff up. The pitcher will throw a changeup and the dumbass calls it a slider. I am convinced he is too busy looking at himself in the monitor to watch the game.

Mr. Morgan is the only announcer I will turn the sound off for. He ruins the game......

Other than that he is OK.....

You think he flaps his arm like a wing when he announces?

Skip Bayless
This
Skip Bayless is pretty annoying too
This
Skip Bayless, have you watched him? Dont get me started.
This
Skip Bayless. He should be surgically implanted into Tom Brady's nutsack. He would love nothing more.
And this
I hated Skip Bayless for quite some time
Definitely this. The guy is the sorriest excuse for a commentator, and the only one even close in my book is Colin Coward's annoying whiny voice that makes me want to punch my radio when I haven't had coffee yet. Edited by delusions of granduer

Cowherd - hands down.

Interestingly, when ESPN took over 710AM in Seattle, they made him the host of the morning show. At the time a good idea, being he's from Washington State. It flopped hugely. People were calling him Colin Blowhard. The good part was that ESPN then moved Brock Huard(another Washingtonian) and Mike Salk into that spot. I love those two.

I think Stephen A. Smith deserves a little more love in this thread. I would like to see him and Skip Bayless in a cage with baseball bats and the promise that neither can emerge until both are dead. Frankly they are so stupid they would not get the point and would in fact attack each other.

Is theisman still announcing anywhere ? If so, I chose him. After listening to him for 10 minutes I would pray for L.T to come into the booth and break his leg again

Cowherd - hands down.

Interestingly, when ESPN took over 710AM in Seattle, they made him the host of the morning show. At the time a good idea, being he's from Washington State. It flopped hugely. People were calling him Colin Blowhard. The good part was that ESPN then moved Brock Huard(another Washingtonian) and Mike Salk into that spot. I love those two.

You like Mike Salk? Therieously?

Nationally, (as others have mentioned) Dierdorf, Theisman, Millen, etc. They all make me sick :lol:

Further, I would like to mention sideline reporters (ie Tafoya) who ask the simplest, most obvious questions/comment on the most obvious situations (or just hold the mic for a coach as he's jogging off the field) but act as though they greatly contribute value to a broadcast :wacko:

Locally, I have to mention Dan Terhaar and Mike Greenlay. For those of you unfamiliar, they do the tv broadcasts for the Minnesota Wild and they are absolutely burritoing horrible!! Tehaar brutally miscalls the pbp and Greenlay chimes in with some of the dumbest, most inaccurate stuff I have ever heard. Both fail miserably at humor, but laugh like idiots throughout the game. On top of that, they are perhaps the two most over-the-top homers in NHL broadcasting. No objectivity at all. Just a disgrace :tup:

This is a great thread. I could write a thesis paper on all the sportscasters I despise.

Some notables I CANNOT STAND are Deion Smith, Mike Patrick (subtly awful in every game he announces), Jim Nantz, Neil Everett, and Mark Schlereth.

I will say, having been unemployed the past few months - I've watched a lot of Skip Bayless. And as hateable as he is - I respect his schtick. He goes out on limbs and totally sticks to them. And he's at least semi-entertaining. I'd much rather that than former players saying the same tired cliches.

Last and certainly least, I'm shocked at how few Chris Berman responses there have been. HE IS THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD. He has ruined so many things. I watch the Home Run Derby and the NFL Draft on mute. I have to watch the CBS PreGame show on Sundays. Let that one sink in.

He knows nothing that happened after 1994. Every reference to pop culture makes me cringe. The sound effects, the Brett Favre love, everything.

This is a great thread. I could write a thesis paper on all the sportscasters I despise.

Some notables I CANNOT STAND are Deion Smith, Mike Patrick (subtly awful in every game he announces), Jim Nantz, Neil Everett, and Mark Schlereth.

I will say, having been unemployed the past few months - I've watched a lot of Skip Bayless. And as hateable as he is - I respect his schtick. He goes out on limbs and totally sticks to them. And he's at least semi-entertaining. I'd much rather that than former players saying the same tired cliches.

Last and certainly least, I'm shocked at how few Chris Berman responses there have been. HE IS THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD. He has ruined so many things. I watch the Home Run Derby and the NFL Draft on mute. I have to watch the CBS PreGame show on Sundays. Let that one sink in.

He knows nothing that happened after 1994. Every reference to pop culture makes me cringe. The sound effects, the Brett Favre love, everything.

I'm guessing you don't have NFLN other wise you could watch their pre game show and draft coverage and avoid more of Berman the blowhard.

One thing that really annoys me about him is how much he wants to throw other sports into the NFL stuff. For example the Come On Man segment (which I think is pretty funny) Berman is often using CFL or even baseball or some other sport. Same for the fastest 3 minutes, where he often sprinkles in a CFL playoff game. Sorry, but I don't care, focus on the NFL buddy that is the program we are viewing. Just another example of what makes ESPN suck (a lack of focus and desire to cover every sport all the time).

PS I really don't hate any of the game announcers, but do get annoyed with their many mistakes (Ron Pitts during SEA-CLE game last week "That's a staple of the Dick Lebau defense" when talking about a defensive play of the Browns. Lebau, don't you mean Dick Jauron :wacko: