[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Post your personal "Will Never Draft Again" list

markgugs

Finley for sure . I wouldnt take him in the last round of a 60 round draft. RICKETS !!!!!

This year's runaway winner.

Yep, he's the "winner". In his prime and on a team that scores and throws a ton. It's basically his fault that he's not Jimmy Graham.

Some of the others are funny.

Addai? Tell me you didn't burn a pick high enough on him to actually be let down. I took him in an auction, for like $5. (Which was a buck less than I took Mike Sims-Walker for :wacko: )

Wayne? He's going to be cheap enough next year that he'll be worth a shot. Especially if he has a decent QB throwing to him

Freeman and M Williams? Again, they're going to be cheap and are still young enough that you can brush this year off. Especially Williams.

So, I add Finley to my constant list of AZ and Shannahan RBs.

Edited by detlef

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Going into this year I wonder how many people had Steve Smith Carolina on their "Do Not Draft List" ?

Just sayin'

Amen to that. I don't keep a DND list, although I do devalue players to a point that means that they will most likely not be there when the time comes to make the pick.

Going into this year I wonder how many people had Steve Smith Carolina on their "Do Not Draft List" ?

Just sayin'

People may have felt he got old but they never doubted his ability to catch. I just flat out think Finley cant catch. But I see your point

Just sayin'

Drafted Smith in every one of my leagues and got great value out of him. Britt is another one I targeted and got in most of my leagues. I think Britt will be on a lot of DND lists next year as well and you will be able to get great value out of him.

Vincent Jackson.

he usually gets drafted too early, and around a group of WRs that I would rather have over him.

He has been very Santana Moss-ish. A few monster games, and then crap the rest of the year. I would rather have better consistency around that draft slot where Vjax tends to be drafted.

Pettigrew

I don't mind Pettigrew. I didn't have to reach for a TE and he has had some decent numbers. I've started him the majority of the time in my PPR local that I'm in the championship this week. He had a few bad games around the time that Stafford had a messed up finger but I don't think he was a bad pick. I drafted him as the 10th TE off the board and on the year he is currently the 9th highest score. :wacko:

I cannot believe no one has mentioned Mendenhall. He has to be on of the biggest disappointments this year. Matthews outpointed him by plenty this year and he was pulled whenever the GL was visible. Blount also comes to mind.

Dude who posted right before you did. But I agree, major bust. That said, I'd still take him at the right price. It just seems like a one year bad deal thing to me. And I had him in two leagues. Two leagues that I didn't make the playoffs in.

I cannot believe no one has mentioned Mendenhall. He has to be on of the biggest disappointments this year. Matthews outpointed him by plenty this year and he was pulled whenever the GL was visible. Blount also comes to mind.

Owned him last year.... After seeing how Arians wants to run that offense (Ben-centric & his love for MeMo at times), I decided this year I was staying away. Glad I did

"Finley for sure . I wouldn’t take him in the last round of a 60 round draft. RICKETS !!!!!"

Maybe Finley just isn’t that good. He gets alot of hype for a guy that has never really done that much. They always take about his potential, but never his stats.

For some idiot tv analysis to talk about him with the likes of Graham and Grok is just absurd.

Larry Fitz...passed up Calvn who never did me wrong the past 2 seasons...just thought something of a enigma might have taken place in Zona in favor of Larry....but that turned out to be hopeless sprinkled with seldom superb weeks outscoring majoity WRs

Edited by FinZone

More bizarre posts

AJ having the same potential as Chad 85 and a player no longer in the league :wacko:

And passing on Calvin Johnsonf for Fitzgerald, I can understand sonme optimism over the situation in ARZ, but wow that's a major reach. And why would that cause you to not draft Fitz again, because you passed on one of the top 5 WR for a top 10 WR?

If you guys really "will never draft" these guys again I'd love to play in your leagues.

As somebody said earlier, thread needs to be renamed.

More bizarre posts

AJ having the same potential as Chad 85 and a player no longer in the league :wacko:

And passing on Calvin Johnsonf for Fitzgerald, I can understand sonme optimism over the situation in ARZ, but wow that's a major reach. And why would that cause you to not draft Fitz again, because you passed on one of the top 5 WR for a top 10 WR?

If you guys really "will never draft" these guys again I'd love to play in your leagues.

As somebody said earlier, thread needs to be renamed.

I can certainly understand AJ, that's two years in a row he's down when you need him the most, and 30 years old. He'd have to put a good, full, solid season together before I considered him too. I don't think that means that I think he has the "same potential" as Chad 85, I just wouldn't put either one on my roster.