[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We are the champions!

Metalhead316

6th win in 15 years in my local:

Ryan

Lynch

CJ.9k

Julio

Nicks

Dez Bryant

Graham

Akers

Cincinnatti

Took 2nd in my money auction league - I had been dominant (high scorer 4 of last 5 weeks and 2nd highest scorer the other) after trade deadline moves but laid a huge egg this week - Followed Stafford and Rice's solid starts with McCoy, Moss, Nicks, Laurent Robinson, Witten, Bailey, Bears. Season low for me and nearly a league-wide season low. Other guy had a great week so definitely earned it and had a great team but I put up zero fight. Still won $450 so not all that bad but I really hate ending on that note.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QB Cam Newton

(Car - QB) TB W, 48-16 79% 171 3 0 65 1 0 0 0 0 0 36.20

WR Marques Colston

(NO - WR) Atl W, 45-16 84% 0 0 0 0 0 81 1 0 0 0 14.10

WR Brandon Marshall

(Mia - WR) @NE L, 27-24 84% 0 0 0 0 0 156 1 0 0 0 21.60

WR Jordy Nelson

(GB - WR) Chi W, 35-21 84% 0 0 0 0 0 115 2 0 0 0 23.50

RB Frank Gore

(SF - RB) @Sea W, 19-17 80% 0 0 0 83 1 13 0 0 0 0 15.60

RB Maurice Jones-Drew

(Jac - RB) @Ten L, 23-17 96% 0 0 0 103 1 21 0 0 0 0 18.40

TE Brent Celek

(Phi - TE) @Dal W, 20-7 33% 0 0 0 0 0 52 1 0 0 0 11.20

W/R C.J. Spiller

(Buf - RB) Den W, 40-14 49% 0 0 0 111 1 27 0 0 0 0 19.80

K Neil Rackers

(Hou - K) @Ind L, 19-16 61% 0 0 2 1 0 1 11.00

DEF Houston

(Hou - DEF) @Ind L, 19-16 57% 19 3 0 0 1 0 0 6.00

Total Week Pts: 177.40

I won by 109 points to win the Championship - glad I didn't need to sweat it out Monday night.

ATAP - an incredibly difficult league highlighted by this site's best and brightest

32 HomaRRRs - my first foray into the absolutely looney 32-team format

... and my wife won her work league in her first-ever shot at playing. She obviously had some help. :wacko:

Champion of Weapons of DMD. An unlikely wire to wire 1st place finish too. Just luck really. Not a lot of injuries and byes were not a problem for once. Thanks to the Huddle for the info I needed to make my moves. This place ROCKS!

Never mind my line up below, made a lot moves since I posted it.

Came in as the lowest playoff seed and had to win 3 in a row. my MVP, the might CJ Spiller!!! When Fred Jackson went down, I thought it was over.

My championship game, my roster was:

Rivers

CJ Spiller, Ryan Mathews

Roddy White, D. Bowe, Jabar Gaffney, (Also thanks to Nate Washington)

B. Pettigrew (thanks also to Gonzo!)

Bailey

Texas D/Cleveland D

Took over my 10-team redraft league 18 years ago when the commish passed away while we were all still in college. The core group has stayed together all these years and we still get together every August for our draft weekend. Finally after all these years I get to claim the championship trophy for my own mantle. Sure does feel good. Congrats to all the winners!

Here is the winning roster:

T. Romo (big 0 in the finals)

R. Rice

M. Bush

Calv. Johnson

B. Marshall

V. Cruz

J. Witten

M. Nugent

Chiefs

Second place

M. Ryan

C. Johnson

M. Turner

K. Bell

L. Fitzgerald

S. Smith

J. Graham

S. Janikowski

Texans

Made it to 5 individual games (not counting IBL) in Week 16, but only won 2. Heartbreaking losses thanks to that excessive last TD by Drew Brees, the one that broke the record also broke my back. The entire game killed me cause the Falcons D rolled over, plus the Falcons head coach decided that going for FG's was the way to go no matter how far behind they were.

2011 Championships

1. Time Warner Cable FFL Champion (Redraft PPR) - (Yahoo - low money work league)
  2. Hall of Fame II (Redraft PPR) (no money, just pride) Team Name: Immaculate
  3. Interboard League (IBL) (Redraft, PPR) member of The Huddle team (no money, just pride)

2011 Runner-up's

1. Goal Line Stand (PPR-IDP 8-man Keeper) Team Name: Carolina Night Pugs - Marques Colston & Matt Bryant killed me
  2. Weekend Warriors (Redraft Non-PPR) - My Local League (CBSSportsline) - Drew Brees last TD finished me off

BoTH

• Post Season Appearances 0-6 - 1st time I did not make the playoffs in a single BoTH league. It's been a hard FF year

Edited by electricrelish

Went in to Monday nigth 4 points behind and still had Brees, Turner, Colston and Kasay to play while he had Ryan, Jones, Moore, and Bryant. Before the record setting TD I was behind by 7 points and that TD gave me 7 and Kasay added another point for the lead. And then when ATL sat Ryan for the last series my victory was sealed. I won my league by 1 point!!!! After about 12 years in the league I am the first 3 time winner and also the first back-to-back winner since I also won last year.

Here is the league winning starting lineup. This league has a full PPR, bonus for long TDS, and has limited keepers. I traded Moore/Benson/and a 4th next year for Brees at the trade deadline. (Brees cannot be kept).

So I won a championship (in back to back years) with only scoring one point in the Super Bowl between my two suck-azz RBs. Demarco Murray got hurt for me, and rosters lock at the start of the playoffs.

Brees, Drew NOS QB 32.0

Green-Ellis, BenJarvus NEP RB 1.0

Thomas, Daniel MIA RB 0.0

Cruz, Victor NYG WR 26.0

Marshall, Brandon MIA WR 27.0

White, Roddy ATL WR 23.0

Finley, Jermichael GBP TE 11.0

Nugent, Mike CIN PK 12.0

Campbell, Calais ARI DE 13.0

Briggs, Lance CHI LB 3.0

Harris, David NYJ LB 10.0

Williams, DJ DEN LB 4.0

Burnett, Morgan GBP S 6.0

Total: 168

Big Money League (PPR)

Romo

K. Bell

M. Bush

Fitzgerald

S. Smith

J. Nelson

A. Hernandez

Gostkowski

Falcons D

I figured I was done when Romo went down. I was down 47 pts going into the Sunday night game with K. Bell, J. Nelson and the Falcons D left to play. By the end of Sunday nights game I was up by .3 pts with the Falcons D left. We get -3 pts for our Def if 35+ pts are scored. I figured there was a good chance of that happening so I was hoping for a pick and sack so I would break even. The Falcons ended up picking Brees off twice and had a sack so I won by 2.3 pts.

You may be wondering why the hell I would choose to play the Falcons D against the Saints. I kinda dropped the ball on this one. You get $1000 bid bucks at the beginning of the season. You can bid as little as $1 up until Wed night. After that it's $10 to pick someone up. I bid on the Broncos D (there wasn't much out there) and lost the bid to the guy I was playing. I only had $5 bid bucks left so I was stuck playing the Falcons D. My opponent played the Broncos D and got him -2 pts. Turns out if I would've won the bid, I would've lost.

Won my first DA MAN Championship in 7 years. Was last place last season (16 team league) after half my team got injured. Won it with 3 Rookies in my starting lineup. Newton and Jones were huge for me this year. Got lucky.

Congrads to all you guys that won. Good luck on how much fun you have next year.