[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cobb down

nelsosi

Jay Glazer is saying neither Jones' nor Cobb's injuries should be season ending, with Jones' injury being less severe.

Jordy Nelson was saying that neither was as bad as first thought.

Which means Cobb's season isn't over, and I didn't know what to think of Jones' injury. So that isn't all that helpful.

The injury to Cobb was a helmet straight on to the knee cap. If his patella isn't broken I'd guess he'll return sooner rather than later. Jones didn't appear to have his joint move unnaturally, so unless it's a tear of some kind I'd guess the same kind of time frame for him. We'll see.

From rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Live the Packers' "expectation" is Randall Cobb (knee) will miss two games.

This is actually a much better timeline than originally anticipated, giving Cobb a shot to return in Week 9. He was on crutches after suffering the injury in Sunday's win over Baltimore.

For the next two games, the Packers will utilize Jordy Nelson, Jermichael Finley, and Eddie Lacy as their primary means of generating offense. They face the Browns in Week 7 and Vikings in Week 8.

James Jones' availability is shaky due to a sprained PCL. Cobb could be back for a crucial division bout with the Bears in Week 9.

Only two games missed for Cobb? I thought it would be more. That hit on his knee was nasty.

Edited by Wolverines Fan