[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon news?

NYCDOG

Media reports have stated that the NFLPA will vote on the new drug testing rules today. Has anyone heard anything or read anything? Waiver wire pick ups go through tonight and it'd be good to know whether to stash him or drop him tonight.

I'm weak at RB (Stacy and Jennings) and strong at WR. Have #1 waiver wire pick and Forsett, Ivory, Greene or Robinson as potential pickups. Granted they aren't barn burners by any means but it's an area of need. Another owner just dropped Gordon so the choice is to sit tight and pick up Gordon or burn my #1 ww pick on one if the RBs above. Perhaps I just answered my own question.

I have him on my team....in a 'stash and pray' situation. I will do damn near anything to keep him until further noted. He is a beast, an easy top 5 receiver.

He was dropped yesterday by an owner that got hit with some injuries and I quickly snatched him up. I have room so will wait and see.

He was dropped yesterday by an owner that got hit with some injuries and I quickly snatched him up. I have room so will wait and see.

If you got the room it's a no-brainer. Even if he doesn't come back 'till week 8, talk about a real shot for your team going down the stretch, he's a monster football player

I have him on my team....in a 'stash and pray' situation. I will do damn near anything to keep him until further noted. He is a beast, an easy top 5 receiver.

I had keepers than included Julio and Calvin..... and in round 19 I drafted Gordon. We start 3 WRs. Can you imagine putting that out there every week?

I had keepers than included Julio and Calvin..... and in round 19 I drafted Gordon. We start 3 WRs. Can you imagine putting that out there every week?

Right there with you man! Have Megatron and Dez starting at WR, Cobb at Flex, and Gordon just sitting their on the bench waiting to be freed! #FreeJoshGordon

I'm weak at RB (Stacy and Jennings) and strong at WR. Have #1 waiver wire pick and Forsett, Ivory, Greene or Robinson as potential pickups. Granted they aren't barn burners by any means but it's an area of need. Another owner just dropped Gordon so the choice is to sit tight and pick up Gordon or burn my #1 ww pick on one if the RBs above. Perhaps I just answered my own question.

Sounds like you should go for one of the RB. Sure Gordon could be of value in the future, but hard to say. No gaurantee they approve the new plan, or that his suspension is vacated or reduced if they do. Or that he won't be suspended again for doing something stupid (including possibly in November based on his DUI case.

Nothing wrong with adding him and stashin him in hopes he come back, but if you have an area of need, and an available FA helps there, I'd be looking at that. He was drafted late in our keeper league and that owner won't be releasing him unless he has serious injuries.

• 2 months later...

Tweet from Mr. Kyle Holmes got me wondering...

how many of you Gordon stashers will play him in his first game back? Assume a normal snap count and no limitations.

ETA: he's been holding a roster spot hostage since news broke he'd potentially be coming back this year. I have other options, but nobody close to what he did last year...

Edited by lennykravitz2004

I'm not playing him his first game back. Nuh uh. No way.

I sense sarcasm.

Tweet from Mr. Kyle Holmes got me wondering...

how many of you Gordon stashers will play him in his first game back? Assume a normal snap count and no limitations.

ETA: he's been holding a roster spot hostage since news broke he'd potentially be coming back this year. I have other options, but nobody close to what he did last year...

Just going to depend on what your options are. Team I have him on I also squirreled away AP so I'd be more likely to play him at flex for his first game back rather then Gordon. I'd try him over the likes of Cooks and such though.

I'm very curious to hear what the resident experts have to say about this.

(ahem) :whistle:

Yeah... I kind of left the question pretty open on purpose. If he were available this week, I'd probably try him over the Gio/Hill combo (i'll just play one). But (knock on wood) I'm fairly stacked at WR & RB, so the two flex spots we have are real decision makers each week. (And I've also got AP.)

I'm very curious to hear what the resident experts have to say about this.

(ahem) :whistle:

Yeah... I kind of left the question pretty open on purpose. If he were available this week, I'd probably try him over the Gio/Hill combo (i'll just play one). But (knock on wood) I'm fairly stacked at WR & RB, so the two flex spots we have are real decision makers each week. (And I've also got AP.)

good thing he's not available this week

I don't know if I'll start him Week 12 or not. In the league where I've held on to him, I have Green, Cooks, Hopkins, Decker and Allen. Honestly, I'd probably "rank" him right about in the middle there in terms of Week 12 matchups. I'll start Green and Cooks but then will have a choice to make in terms of flex. I wouldn't have any RBs worth plugging in there.

nope.

How can you start someone first game back that hasn't played since last season?

Josh Gordon's first game back last year off suspension was 19 targets, 10 receptions for 146 yards and 1 td to go with 1 rush for 22 yards or 32.8 pts. Not a bad first game. He's an amazing talent and if you have much lesser options, how do you bench him?

Edited by irish
  • Like 1