[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh Gordon news?

NYCDOG

It's hard not to, but the first game back I'll likely sit him in favor of OBJ, Landry & AJ Green.

I might start him over Landry.

nope.

How can you start someone first game back that hasn't played since last season?

If nothing else I'd at least be following reports of how he looks in practice and any news the Browns give out about how much he'll play.

This isn't Calvin Johnson returning from a few weeks out injured, it is a guy who has been separated from his team the whole season. He didn't even do much in camp or pre-season. This also isn't a player missing the first two games for a suspension, who was able to practice all through camp and knew he'd be back in week 3 (Gordon in 2013).

Irish if you and others think this is that similar to him missing 2 games to start the season last year and his first game back you're oversimplifying. Huge difference from working out with the team and playing in pre-season then missing the first two games, as opposed to this year.

I am not saying "Do not start him" but people need to consider the other variables, and not equate this year to last year. The other big factor is Cleveland, at 6-3 now, could be 7-3 in week 12, they'll do what they need to in order to get that talent involved, but they're also not going to abandon the rest of the offense.

Edited by stevegrab

If nothing else I'd at least be following reports of how he looks in practice and any news the Browns give out about how much he'll play.

This isn't Calvin Johnson returning from a few weeks out injured, it is a guy who has been separated from his team the whole season. He didn't even do much in camp or pre-season. This also isn't a player missing the first two games for a suspension, who was able to practice all through camp and knew he'd be back in week 3 (Gordon in 2013).

Odd, I swore he played in every preseason game no?

Odd, I swore he played in every preseason game no?

Ok, from what I can tell in the box scores he did play the first 2 pre-season games. He had 3 receptions for about 40 yards in those 2 games. I must have been thinking about Cameron who was banged up (and that guy we brought in from DET who never got on the field). I think he missed at least one of the last 2 games because of his hearing at the NFL.

Still my basic point is this isn't the same as last year where he missed 2 games and came back. 10 weeks, 9 games, Browns are also a playoff contending team. I just think it would be hasty to say "he's in my line-up no matter what his first game back".

Gotta love reading articles from 2 months ago, many predicting the Browns would be far worse than last year because Gordon wouldn't be playing.

Edited by stevegrab

If I remember correctly, hes been allowed at the facility and team meetings, but no practice or games. Hes been allowed to interact with the team as part if the suspension agreement. If thats the case then at least hes been maybe studying film, lifting weights and talking with coaches, so hes not just coming in completely cold football wise. I will be starting him without reservations as hes a sick talent and will probably outscore all my other options for WR. Im pretty stoked to be getting a potential top 5 receiver for the stretch run and playoffs.

Yeah the more I read, the more comfortable I am in plugging him in for Week 12 lineups. Watching what V-Jax and Evans did to the ATL secondary... knowing what Gordon is capable of... yeah, I'll start him. At worst you'll get WR3 type numbers... but could easily get 8 for 120 and a touchdown.

Yeah the more I read, the more comfortable I am in plugging him in for Week 12 lineups. Watching what V-Jax and Evans did to the ATL secondary... knowing what Gordon is capable of... yeah, I'll start him. At worst you'll get WR3 type numbers... but could easily get 8 for 120 and a touchdown.

Exactly.

Considering where most people got him in their draft he should be joining the line up as a flex. He will be complementing Nelson and T Bryant for me. (if Bryant keeps it up) As far as WR2/flex nos. go he should get solid numbers for that position. In my case adding Gordon to the line up is like having already won the game and still having Lynch left to play on Monday night.

I was reading an article that said trade him away. I wonder what his value is at this point. Who should I aim for?

The article below stated: Asked if he was excited about Gordon, Farmer said, "We have not allowed ourselves to (be)," per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. "We don't want to look ahead and say that, oh, this offense will finally be fixed when Josh Gordon is back."

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/players/playerpage/1686045/josh-gordon

Wonder if he's still worth the risk. Could I get a 1 for 1 trade out of him? Say A.J. Green, Emmanual Sanders, or Denard Robinson? Gah! I almost just want to keep him and see what happens.

I was reading an article that said trade him away. I wonder what his value is at this point. Who should I aim for?

The article below stated: Asked if he was excited about Gordon, Farmer said, "We have not allowed ourselves to (be)," per NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. "We don't want to look ahead and say that, oh, this offense will finally be fixed when Josh Gordon is back."

http://fantasynews.c...045/josh-gordon

Wonder if he's still worth the risk. Could I get a 1 for 1 trade out of him? Say A.J. Green, Emmanual Sanders, or Denard Robinson? Gah! I almost just want to keep him and see what happens.

I think the CBS writer totally misinterpreted the GM's statement. Like badly. This is terrible, terrible reporting.

http://fantasynews.c...045/josh-gordon

IMHO, pure smokescreen to protect themselves in case Gordon isn't what we all think he is when comes back.

"We're not changing the offense for him... blah blah blah... more coachspeak... blah blah blah... we need to run the ball to be effective..." all that kind of junk. He's been on my bench for about 8 weeks - he ain't going nowheres...

I wouldn't trade Gordon away either, but I think it is more than just coachspeak by the GM to an extent. Nobody expected the Browns to do much, especially with Gordon out for the season. So now he's coming back in a after 10 games, Browns are very competitive and some would say good right now. Saying something that sounds like "the offense will be fixed" when he's back makes the current team sound like it sucks. Sure we have no WR of Gordon's caliber, but next man up has produced well. Look at the CIN-CLE, talk was with Hopkins out who would they throw to. Benjamin, Gabriel Miles Austin made plays when neeed, and the running game clicked.

I still think those expecting instant results may be disappointed.

I wouldn't trade Gordon away either, but I think it is more than just coachspeak by the GM to an extent. Nobody expected the Browns to do much, especially with Gordon out for the season. So now he's coming back in a after 10 games, Browns are very competitive and some would say good right now. Saying something that sounds like "the offense will be fixed" when he's back makes the current team sound like it sucks. Sure we have no WR of Gordon's caliber, but next man up has produced well. Look at the CIN-CLE, talk was with Hopkins out who would they throw to. Benjamin, Gabriel Miles Austin made plays when neeed, and the running game clicked.

I still think those expecting instant results may be disappointed.

I think that is the easy answer....without risk there are no fantasy championships....

I have made my bones on taking risks because scared money doesn't win.....couple that with this being my worst fantasy season to date and week 12 being my make or break week......playing Gordon sounds like an ideal situation....

but who knows?