[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why is carolina hosting arizona?

FatalFact

Because they are better than the teams that aren't in the playoffs?

Unfortunately.... The Cardinals are currently the worst team coming out of their division....and there are probably a few teams better than Carolina already done for the year.

Edited by Bobby Brown

Unfortunately.... The Cardinals are currently the worst team coming out of their division....and there are probably a few teams better than Carolina already done for the year.

The Cards are in because they played well during the first 2/3 of the season....

....then their QBs turned into tissue paper. I actually feel bad for the team and their fans.

• Like 2

Nah...right now, none of the non-playoff team would beat the Panthers. They have D and can run it.

Who's the best team not in, the Eagles? The Chize would give up a good 4 sacks and 3 TO's and Stew would rumble.

Nah...right now, none of the non-playoff team would beat the Panthers. They have D and can run it.

Who's the best team not in, the Eagles? The Chize would give up a good 4 sacks and 3 TO's and Stew would rumble.

Everyone has been running all over the Cards the last couple weeks. I'm not convinced yet w/ Carolina....let's see how they manage w/ a team outside the NFC South beyond the depleted Cards. Carolina had their hands full w/ Tampa Bay and Cleveland in recent weeks.

San Fran has a D and can run the ball; same w/ St. Louis. Philly rolled up 45 points on Carolina in week 10. It's at least debatable all three of those teams could beat Carolina. Two of those three teams have better records.

Edited by Bobby Brown

So a sub .500 team in the playoffs holds the opposition to an all-time NFL low in offensive yards in a playoff game. Ain't the NFL great!

sub-.500 teams in the playoffs - currently 2-3 all time (counting the '82 strike year bcuz playoffs is playoffs)

So a sub .500 team in the playoffs holds the opposition to an all-time NFL low in offensive yards in a playoff game. Ain't the NFL great!

3rd string QB + 2nd string RB against a team that had a good defense, didn't expect it to be that bad but it was a recipe for disaster.

Wonder how CAR would be without Cam and JStew, I guess they have former Pro Bowl QB Derek Anderson so maybe they would be ok. What about no Cam, DA and maybe JStew is out instead of DWill?

I really feel for the Cards and their fans. Of course I've dealt with some people online who blame the Cardinals for not signing better players off the street to play QB and replace their punter (who was horrible in the playoff game, but not nearly that bad since taking over earlier in the season). They were a good team built to win with a very good coach. They overcame a ton of injuries (2 starters on D out from the beginning, Palmer twice, then Stanton, Ellington) at times but by the end of the season they were too many and turned a good team into a laughing stock in the playoffs. (Comments of "these guys didn't deserve to be in the playoffs.")

Maybe a better question would be why are people acting like this is the first time a team with a losing record hosted a team with a much better record in the playoffs?

I can only remember one time that happened (2010 Seahawks won NFCW at 7-9). I think that was the first sub .500 division winner.

But I suspect there are more instances of a division winner hosting a wild card with a better record, just last year GB (8-7-1) hosted SF (12-4) while PHI (10-6) hosted NO (11-5). I also see 2 occurences in 2012, that is 5 in just the past 3 years, almost half the wild card games. It certainly isn't that rare.

I know the OP stated they forgot CAR won NFCS, so maybe that's all it was.

Maybe people have gotten used to other sports where teams are seeded based on record, not automatically giving top seeds to division winners (I know NBA does that, maybe NHL too). So when they don't see it happening in the NFL it is confusing.

I think the fact that more of the WC teams the past few years have had 10/11 (even 12) wins instead of 9 has contributed to the larger number of these.

Maybe a better question would be why are people acting like this is the first time a team with a losing record hosted a team with a much better record in the playoffs?

my sentiments exactly and that is why i thought this thread was a joke at first