[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Huddle Rankings - RB's

DMD

ranking holmes is a nightmare. He could easily be #1 by a very wide margin. He could get hurt in week 2 and be a flop. He could share some with LJ though I have some doubts about how much.

Bottom line - I had to rank him but honestly - not sure I would want to draft him unless he really fell. That's a very high pick for someone hard to rely on all year.

856113[/snapback]

It is a tough situation to look at. I try and think of my early picks as getting the most dependable good players I can.

If you were playing for bragging rights (and not ranking players for a living), would you be taking him with the 4th pick?

:D

I am thinking he would be 9th or 10th overall for me...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Portis was hitting his stide better at the end of the season when in weeks 14 - 16 he had 338 yards rushing and three TDs while playing against NYG, PHI and SF (which represents another five games this year).

856031[/snapback]

He also had 89 carries for a 3.8 YPC average over those 3 games. And hopefully the Giants Def will stay healthy this year.

I understand most RBs in that range are interchangeable, but what are your biggest concerns on Jamal Lewis to rank him at 11th?

1. LaDainian Tomlinson

2. Shaun Alexander

3. Edgerrin James

4. Priest Holmes

Tier 2

5. Willis McGahee

6. Domanick Davis

7. Clinton Portis

8. Deuce McAllister

9. Corey Dillon

10. Tiki Barber

855651[/snapback]

I completely agree with 1-3. I wouldn't touch Priest Holmes in the top 10. I am leery about McGahee. I wouldn't take him that high. I want to see Losman play. Ditto for Davis. Why do I keep hearing talk about Houston wanting to bring in another back? I'd bump Deuce up to 4 and Dillon to 5. Portis would not be in my top 10. Mine looks more like this:

1. Tomlinson

2. Alexander

3. James

4. McAllister

5. Dillon

6. Lewis (assuming his ankle is fully healed)

7. Barber

8. McGahee (could go up or down depending on Losman)

9. K. Jones (what role does Pinner play?)

10. D. Davis

Edited by CaptainHook

IMO Priest should be around the 5th or 6th pick....or near the top of tier 2 RBs. If you draft him, then you take Larry Johnson where you would normally take your first backup RB. Look at Priest Holmes PLUS Larry Johnson's FF points last year....combined they were the #1 RB FF points. Dont you draft your back up RBs in case your #1 RB goes down to injury? The tieir two RBs all could put up hugh :D numbers but there is some type of downside that prohibits them from being a "lock" like the tier 1 RBs. If Priest gets 75% of the touches for the year he will put up #1 or #2 best RB totals. So what have we learned here? If Priest goes down to injury you should have handcuffed LJ. If Priest gets 75% of the touches he is still gold. BUT, If Priest IS healthy and he only gets 50% of the touches for the year YOU'RE SCREWED! :D

Rudi Johnson anyone?

Curtis Martin and Brian Westbrook are other guys I'm thinking are probably not quite justifiable in the top 10, but I like them better than a couple of the top 10 listed here.

I like Portis at 7. He has the speed to make an iso play into a 50 yard TD, and with the O Line improving, he could get better running lanes this year. I must admit--the QB carousel of Ramsey, Brunell and Campbell is a concern. However, looking at Gibbs' offensive philosophy and the $ the Skins spent on Portis, I'd say it is a very good bet that he will carry the ball quite a bit.

Edited by Ruffian

I think the list is right -- but, man, I just can't get excited about any of those in the second tier -- actually, any of them after Alexander. I'd rather take my chances with the likes of Rudi or Julius or even maybe Jordan and the rooks.

I just can't see myself passing on the likes of Manning or maybe even Moss for someone like McGahee, Dillon or Tiki. I know strategy-wise that would be stupid, but how am I gonna feel watching Manning throw 5 TDs in a game while Tiki rushes for 65 yards the same week, knowing I passed on Manning because I had to take a RB with my first pick?

I think this is a year I want to be drafting first or last.

9. K. Jones (what role does Pinner play?)

856327[/snapback]

None. Kevin Jones is the man in Detroit. The guy tore it up in the second half of the season. Nobody in these parts will forget about him. If you have the chance to get him, do it.

I think the list is right -- but, man, I just can't get excited about any of those in the second tier -- actually, any of them after Alexander. I'd rather take my chances with the likes of Rudi or Julius or even maybe Jordan and the rooks.

I just can't see myself passing on the likes of Manning or maybe even Moss for someone like McGahee, Dillon or Tiki. I know strategy-wise that would be stupid, but how am I gonna feel watching Manning throw 5 TDs in a game while Tiki rushes for 65 yards the same week, knowing I passed on Manning because I had to take a RB with my first pick?

I think this is a year I want to be drafting first or last.

856830[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more. If I can't have LT or SA, I want to have something like the 9th pick. Take Manning on the way up, then JJ or KJ on the way back down, and can still get a productive RB and WR (Arrington, Wayne?) in rounds three and four (maybe even Gonzo or Gates in there). Too many ifs and possibles this year.

LOL this has to be the most controversial RB year since Ive been playing FF. Some people think Holmes and Lewis are gonna shine again. Others don't. Some people think Portis is gonna bounce back. Some people think The Jones Brothers (Julius and Kevin) are Top 10 RBs. Tiki is Top 5 to some people, outside the Top 10 to others. And McGahee is #3 RB in some rankings, outside Top 10 in others. And where is Ahman Green this year? So many questions to be answered. All I can say is it's confusing the hell out of me! :D

LOL this has to be the most controversial RB year since Ive been playing FF.  Some people think Holmes and Lewis are gonna shine again.  Others don't.  Some people think Portis is gonna bounce back.  Some people think The Jones Brothers (Julius and Kevin) are Top 10 RBs.  Tiki is Top 5 to some people, outside the Top 10 to others.  And McGahee is #3 RB in some rankings, outside Top 10 in others.  And where is Ahman Green this year?  So many questions to be answered.  All I can say is it's confusing the hell out of me! :D

857236[/snapback]

Wait until you look at Tier 2+ receivers... :D

I personally don't think that Portis is the right back for the Redskins running attack, alot will depend on how much Gibbs will be willing to change the system a bit. Look at all the years the Redskins were in their glory years.... Riggins.... actually Droughns would be better suited for that system than Portis. Portis needs to hit the whole fast and he doesnt in how that system is set up.

Personally I think that J. Lewis will be in the top 5.... going to prison seemed to change his priorities.... I think he will have a stellar year plus with the addition of some WRs will keep the defenses honest.

I believe someone said something about replacing DD with KJones....I completely agree....

DD just couldn't stay healthy...while Jones has the makings and talent around him to be a stud...

if he plays to his potential...this could open up alot of things for Harrington...or Garcia ? :D

like I did with my QB rankings, I'll do my RB's on the fly...I have no idea how picks 4-10 will go until I look at the list of RB's in 1 minute ...

1. LT2

2. Alexander

3. James

4. ouch...umm...McGahee

5. McAllister

6. K Jones

7. Holmes

8. Dillon

9. Jordan

10. Jackson

11. Rudi

12. Portis

13. J Lewis

14. DD

15. Green

16. C Martin

17. Tiki

18. Westbrook

19. M Bennett

20. J Jones

ok..in hindsight...I let Martin and Tiki drop some...or alot...and will probably hear something from this...or nothing at all in light of my possible ignorance? :D

although, I think J Lewis will net alot of yards this year, sort of like 2003...but I don't think he'll get more than 8 or 9 TD's...he may climb up my list after training camp starts heating up and injuries happen....

not to mention having Jordan and Steven Jackson in my top 10 with both being unproven and one having Faulk backing him up with a flaky coach...but I think their passing game will sputter some this season... and sMartz will be forced to run more...

like I did with my QB rankings, I'll do my RB's on the fly...I have no idea how picks 4-10 will go until I look at the list of RB's in 1 minute ...

1. LT2

2. Alexander

3. James

4. ouch...umm...McGahee

5. McAllister

6. K Jones

7. Holmes

8. Dillon

9. Jordan

10. Jackson

11. Rudi

12. Portis

13. J Lewis

14. DD

15. Green

16. C Martin

17. Tiki

18. Westbrook

19. M Bennett

20. J Jones

ok..in hindsight...I let Martin and Tiki drop some...or alot...and will probably hear something from this...or nothing at all in light of my possible ignorance?  :D

although, I think J Lewis will net alot of yards this year, sort of like 2003...but I don't think he'll get more than 8 or 9 TD's...he may climb up my list after training camp starts heating up and injuries happen....

not to mention having Jordan and Steven Jackson in my top 10 with both being unproven and one having Faulk backing him up with a flaky coach...but I think their passing game will sputter some this season... and sMartz will be forced to run more...

857489[/snapback]

Julius Jones at 20? I totally disagree, I'd put him around 12.

Tiki at 17. I agree wholeheartedly. :D

I think you have Jordan too high as well, I'd have him more like 14. I'd actually move D. Davis to 9, and Jordan to 14.

Rest looks pretty good though.

Julius Jones is going to get a boat load of carries this year, I think he MIGHT break the top 10.

Im not going to get into a pissing match here and show my ranking and rather focus on another aspect of drafting. Where players actually get drafted vs where each of you have them ranked. The Average Draft tool at My Fantasy League is usually very close to how the first 20 picks pan out. This is very useful for value drafting as you can wait on that player that you have ranked higher than most people and grab that player in later rounds. This tool becomes very important in the middle to later rounds. Food for tought. :D

Julius Jones at 20? I totally disagree, I'd put him around 12.

Tiki at 17. I agree wholeheartedly. :D

I think you have Jordan too high as well, I'd have him more like 14. I'd actually move D. Davis to 9, and Jordan to 14.

Rest looks pretty good though.

Julius Jones is going to get a boat load of carries this year, I think he MIGHT break the top 10.

857820[/snapback]

I think he'll be spelled alot...if he gets as many carries as you say he will, he'll break something...not sure of the top 10...

however...putting him around 14 could be realistic, but that's just my opinion...

I'm not a DD fan and realize I may be ranking Jordan too high....but I'm kinda high on him with the addition of Moss I guess...

WHy is so many people so big on Magahee..... are we so sure that his knee will hold up for a whole season of punishment ????

858372[/snapback]

ehh...I just like the fact he has stud capabilities....last year he played about 80% at best the wole season....he's supposedly 100% now and he is just simply a playmaker...

and I don't know whoelse to rank there right now...I'd like to have him 5th or 6th behind Priest and Deuce...but I think he's good to go right now...

The consensus of the first two Huddle mocks are:

1.LT2

2.Alexander

3.James

4.Holmes

5.Duece

6. McGahee

7.Lewis

8.DD

9.Portis

10.KJones

11.JJones

12.Dillon

13.Barber

14.Green

15.Rudi

16.Jordon

17.Jackson

18.Martin

19.Westbrook

20.Bell

857579[/snapback]

Not sure what you did wrong there, but Martin went at 2.9 in one mock, the 17th RB picked, and went at 2.3 in the second mock, the 14th RB taken. How does that make him a consensus #18?

WHy is so many people so big on Magahee..... are we so sure that his knee will hold up for a whole season of punishment ????

858372[/snapback]

You could ask the same of E James, P Holmes, C Portis, J Lewis, and a few more regarding fairly serious injuries they have had.

McGahee is young, a few years removed from sugery, and showed what a bull he could be down the stretch last year. I like him fairly high.

Not sure what you did wrong there, but Martin went at 2.9 in one mock, the 17th RB picked, and went at 2.3 in the second mock, the 14th RB taken. How does that make him a consensus #18?

858443[/snapback]

Edit my mistake

16.Martin

17.Jackson

18.Jordan