[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How Not to Make Friends

SheikYerbuti

So I'm running a fantasy baseball league, and a new owner joined and posted this on the league message board. This person is a complete stranger to me:

(Re: League Buy-In) I mailed mine out today.

As an aside, I take the Pennsylvania bar exam tomorrow, and after studying for the past three months, I hit on an interesting crime:

Embezzlement: The fraudulent appropriation of a person to take money or property entrusted to them by an entity for their own personal use.

Just an FYI for the league commish trying any funny business with our money.

I just wrote him an email letting him know that his team is deleted and his buy-in will be sent back unopened.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it sounds to me like you are a rip off.

I don't know what that means.

If he is so nervous about embezzlement, why did he send money to a stranger in the first place?

You're the 3rd person to ask me that in the last hour.

So I'm running a fantasy baseball league, and a new owner joined and posted this on the league message board. This person is a complete stranger to me:

I just wrote him an email letting him know that his team is deleted and his buy-in will be sent back unopened.

If this happened to me, I would just think he was joking around. Are you sure he was being serious? Regardless, he deserves an ass whoopin. Not because of the comment...because of taking the bar exam.

Yeah, what kind of moran learns what embezzlement means when he is set to take his bar exam?

If this happened to me, I would just think he was joking around. Are you sure he was being serious? Regardless, he deserves an ass whoopin. Not because of the comment...because of taking the bar exam.

I'm not positive, but his earlier posts did have a slightly douchey tone to them. There were yellow flags.

I go the other way given what we've been told.

Sounds like the dude was totally joking and you completely over-reacted. Really. :wacko:

Sorry if you were looking for reinforcement, but if I were that guy, I'd count my blessings I got out when I did.

Eh, I played in a league with a guy that sounds a lot like the lawyer... He was an OK owner, but man could he piss and moan about absolutely anything.

It all fairness, we should wait until he passes the bar before beating him.

Eh, I played in a league with a guy that sounds a lot like the lawyer... He was an OK owner, but man could he piss and moan about absolutely anything.

I don't think we've heard enough about the guy to make comparisons to anyone.

Just seems to me that the guy was joking (particularly given that he's taking the bar - which to me screams "I'm joking!!!". )

Then for the response to be that the entry fee was sent back seems like a compete and total misinterpretation followed by an over-reaction. Lame.

i'm all for talking smack, but i'll draw my lines quickly when someone flirts with accusations of dishonesty...especially when the person doesn't know me. i am of the position that i do not need guys like that in my leagues.

And to me, that's the problem - you and apparently Sheik would have instantly taken that comment to be a personal affront. I much prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt - especially when I don't know them.

And to me, that's the problem - you and apparently Sheik would have instantly taken that comment to be a personal affront. I much prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt - especially when I don't know them.

i don't see it as much of a problem. it's my league. i shouldn't have to deal with that peripheral bs. why in the world should i let someone so rude in?

i don't see it as much of a problem. it's my league. i shouldn't have to deal with that peripheral bs. why in the world should i let someone so rude in?

I could care less what you do, but I do think you're wrong to assume he was being rude. To me it was clearly a joke.

I could care less what you do, but I do think you're wrong to assume he was being rude. To me it was clearly a joke.

Very well could have been, but that's a pretty prickly joke for someone that you don't know. If it was a league made up of guys that have known each other for years, well then yeah. But this guy gets into the league and is already throwing out threats? Joke or not, that's pretty weak. :wacko:

Very well could have been, but that's a pretty prickly joke for someone that you don't know. If it was a league made up of guys that have known each other for years, well then yeah. But this guy gets into the league and is already throwing out threats? Joke or not, that's pretty weak. :wacko:

I dunno man - sounds like some pretty thin skin around here to me.