[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DUI's - whos had one/two

frenzal rhomb

Got popped in June of 94.  25 at the time and blew a .198.  best 1250 dollar fine, 1800 increase in insurance for three years etc.  Learned a valuable lesson.  Any one else care to share.

1293722[/snapback]

nope never....was usually the designated driver to boot....

but i am sure that there was an occasion when if i was pulled over I would have gotten a DUI...I am sure almost everyone falls into that boat...now I rarely drink at all and if I am driving I dont at all....

I've probably told this story before, but as long as you asked:

Prior to when RR juniorette was born (>27 years), I was coming home from an all night drink fest, it was about 4am. I get ~1.5 miles from my house and I see a cop in my rearview mirror. I try to chill and drove to my first turn, and all is cool, but the cop is still there. I make my second turn (.5 miles from home) still doing well, look in the rearview, he's still there, I look forward and I'm over the center line! I freak, look back again, he's still there (doah!) and I'm over the line again! :D I pull into my driveway, the cop pulls in front of my house. I walk to the front door and enter. I close the door, immediately look out the front window, the cop flashes his lights twice and pulls away! :doah: I never knew who that cop was. He'll never know how much good he did for me that night.

That cured me! It was an epiphany! I have driven after drinking since (rare), but I KNOW I was sober when I did (5 hour thing....no booze for the last 3 hours)! Mrs. RR is VERY good about driving home after a party even when I'm probably ok.

No hijack intended, but I'd LOVE to know what .08 feels like. I've been tempted to buy a consumer level BAC tester, but don't know how reliable they are, or how accurate. Anyone out there have one?

Hope that helps, Frenz!

Got popped in June of 94.  25 at the time and blew a .198.  best 1250 dollar fine, 1800 increase in insurance for three years etc.  Learned a valuable lesson.  Any one else care to share.

1293722[/snapback]

Insert St Patrick's Day 1996 and you have my story. Haven't done it since. Just glad I didn't have to hurt someone else/myself to learn that lesson. I got off cheap.

Should have had plenty, but I was lucky.

Once I even rear-ended a Detroit cop at 1:00 in the morning and totalled both of our cars.  Asked me if I'd been drinking, said no, believed me :D

1293752[/snapback]

hope that Cop is not interrogating Terrosist supects ... :D

Should have had plenty, but I was lucky.

Once I even rear-ended a Detroit cop at 1:00 in the morning and totalled both of our cars.  Asked me if I'd been drinking, said no, believed me :D

1293752[/snapback]

What kind of friend would let you drive home drunk? :D

Got popped one time back in 97'. The cop saw me come stumbling out of a 7-11 at 3am with all sorts of goodies. I tripped, picked everything up and got in the car. Drove out of the parkinglot and the lights came on.

BUT....

my uncle was a PG county cop so the cop that busted me knew him and who I was. He let me go (walk to my house) with the condition that I cut his grass all summer long and we never speak of it to anyone cept my uncle.

other than that, never.

Could have been popped at least 3 times. Once in Windsor, got pulled over and did a breathlizer, in Canada you start at Green, it hits yellow, and if it hits red your drunk, well I hit red pretty quick. The cop just took my car and made me and my friends walk home so we started walking across the bridge at 1am; luckily we ran into a car full of girls we knew, next thing we know we have 9 people in a Probe, crazy shucks.

Next day was miserable driving back into Canada to get my car out of impound. It was an hour away. Brutal.

Pulled over once at EMU, stone drunk, somehow I passed the tests (at least I think I did), even did my ABC's backwards. He let me go, I was less then 1/4 mile from my apt though.

Last one, I was about 20 and driving back from a lame night out, it was about 11pm. I went through a yellow light and a car turned right in front of me, she was actually assuming that because the car in front of her turned that it must have been clear for her to turn, well it wasn't and I smashed right into her, broadsided. I only had about 4 beers. The cop made me blow and I was slightly under I think and he let me go because all the witnesses clearly said the light was yellow. I think my insurance company got sued though because the alcohol was on the police report.

Yeah, I've been pretty lucky.

In law school I stopped drinking at 9 pm or so and was driving some friends to the truck stop in Levington, Va for chow at about midnight. I figured I was close but ok. But they were all rowdy drunk and we had a keg in the car. Came up on a drunk trap where they pulled everyone over. Course they checked me due to the keg and three aszholes making a ruckess in the back of my friends station wagon.

Thankfully, I passed the nystigmous (sp?) test. I was so shaken I missed getting the vehicle into gear three times. The officer leaned into the car and said "its `D' son ..."

I was so shaken I missed getting the vehicle into gear three times.  The officer leaned into the car and said "its `D' son ..."

1293957[/snapback]

:D

Reminds me of drivers ed class I took in high school. We went out for our first trip around the track (yes we had our own track instead of driving on the streets), and it was snowing like a mofo. Snow quit after like 5 minutes but I failed to turn my wipers off. Drivers ed teacher sees me and pulls in front of my car and yelled loud enough for everyone to hear :D "newsflash - it stopped snowing 15 minutes ago. Turn your wipers off!!!" :D

I tried one of those BAC things from Sharper Image when we were out drinking. I was VERY surprised at how quickly I went over the legal limit here in Colorado. I'd say that I drive "drunk" almost time I go out to dinner. It's scary.

Limits are far too low.

Got popped one time back in 97'.  The cop saw me come stumbling out of a 7-11 at 3am with all sorts of goodies.  I tripped, picked everything up and got in the car.  Drove out of the parkinglot and the lights came on.

BUT....

my uncle was a PG county cop so the cop that busted me knew him and who I was.  He let me go (walk to my house) with the condition that I cut his grass all summer long and we never speak of it to anyone cept my uncle.

other than that, never.

1293875[/snapback]

cliaz, can you buy alkeehol in a 7-11 in PG County?

In MontCo, it's only the county likker stores and the independent beer/wine stores. Nuthin in a 7-11.

Got a DUI in 1990. Most miserable and humiliating experience of my life. The people in jail that you get to spend the night with are not exactly running with the same crowd as I normally hang with. I likely would take the option of a high speed chase into a tree over getting another DUI. :D