[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

pet friggin peeves!

dmarc117

How about those who park their pregnant roller-skate size cars in a normal space when there plenty of "compact only" spaces available?  I see this in MN all the time. 

1302288[/snapback]

well see, theirs f'n FITS in the f'n SPACE and doesn't make it impossible for the guy next to them to get into their car. if the spot says BIG CARS ONLY or something then you'd have a point. but they don't, they're for whoever. sorry, but if you drive a big vehicle and park in a small parking lot, your choice of spots is going to be more limited than someone in a smaller car.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another peeve of mine concerns grocery shopping. We go once a week usually. We'll have a full cart, begin unloading, and someone walks up with 3 items and gives you the "I only have 3 items" look. Meanwhile there are literally 6 - 8 "10 items or less" checkouts open. I used to feel guilty. I don't anymore. If they're too lazy too walk down a few aisles to get to the express checkout...oh well.

I wash my hands BEFORE I piss.  Anyone that needs to wash their hands AFTER they piss either has a dirty pecker or needs to stop pissing on their hands.  I keep my junk clean.  don't know about you nasty fers.

1302242[/snapback]

Note to self..When you meet Meatface just nod at him and avoid the handshake.

Edited by whomper

• 4 weeks later...

People that refer to Ohio State as The Ohio State University. They make themselves look like complete A-holes. Even the official OSU website refers to the school as simply Ohio State.

tools.

People that refer to Ohio State as The Ohio State University.  They make themselves look like complete A-holes.  Even the official OSU website refers to the school as simply Ohio State.

tools.

1345508[/snapback]

don't you mean THE complete A-holes? :D

People that refer to Ohio State as The Ohio State University.  They make themselves look like complete A-holes.  Even the official OSU website refers to the school as simply Ohio State.

tools.

1345508[/snapback]

Wrong.

It IS on their website... LOLIt's on their official OSU website.... LOL

Edited by darin3

On the page you linked to in the other thread, there are 3 of the pretentious references using THE...all to the University itself, not to the athletic teams- 34 references to simply Ohio state. Therefore if asked which is the common name for, or commonly accepted and utilized name, it would be obvious to anyone but an obstinant fool that the school, as referenced to it's sports team is known simply as Ohio State. For example, where did Maurice Clarett go to school? He went to Ohio State. Where can you find a lot of paid friends? The Ohio State University. Simple.

On the page you linked to in the other thread, there are 3 of the pretentious references using THE...all to the University itself, not to the athletic teams-  34 references to simply Ohio state.  Therefore if asked which is the common name for, or commonly accepted and utilized name, it would be obvious to anyone but an obstinant fool that the school, as referenced to it's sports team is known simply as Ohio State.  For example, where did Maurice Clarett go to school? He went to Ohio State.  Where can you find a lot of paid friends?  The Ohio State University.  Simple.

1345619[/snapback]

If the President of the University calls it such...

then I dunno...

If the President of the University calls it such...

then I dunno...

1345624[/snapback]

That is a GREAT link on several levels.

What I like best is that it clearly states these are Visual Guidelines only. The President herself ONLY refers to Ohio State as The Ohio State University once in the body of the message and in her sigline. She refers (correctly) to Ohio State as such 3 times within the text of her message. Either I am right, the common and accepted usage is Ohio State, or she is really dumb. I am willing to concede if Ohio State is willing to admit she is dumb.

That is a GREAT link on several levels.

What I like best is that it clearly states these are Visual Guidelines only.  The President herself ONLY refers to Ohio State as The Ohio State University once in the body of the message and in her sigline.  She refers (correctly) to Ohio State as such 3 times within the text of her message.  Either I am right, the common and accepted usage is Ohio State, or she is really dumb.  I am willing to concede if Ohio State is willing to admit she is dumb.

1345639[/snapback]

Dude ... KevinL spelled it out in plain English: you apparently say "The" if you plan on using "University" after "Ohio State". You can also simply call it "Ohio State" or "OSU".

Like Hughy said, 6 in one, half dozen in another. :D

Oh, and I'm not saying it makes any sense... it's just what they do. :D

Edited by darin3

how about people who park their big-ass truck/SUV in a compact space and leave you about 6 inches to get into your car.  that one earns the biggest loogie i can summon splattered on their side window.

oh and people who drive with their left foot on the brake pedal.  f'n morans.

1301885[/snapback]

I actually pissed in the driver's seat one time then it happened to me and they were stupid enough to leave the window down. Freaked my wife out. She wouldn't go out with me for a month.

P.S. Wasn't an SUV, just a big ass car that pulled in so close I could not open the driver side door. Had to crawl over from the passenger side. Pissed me off

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Hear me now and believe me later:

Those people never... ever keep me from getting into that lane.

If your front bumper is in front of their front bumper... just go.  Trust me... they WILL hit the brakes rather than plow into the side of your car.  I like to pretend that I don't see them.  Sometimes I get flipped off... but who is the real chalupa, me or them?

Nobody can ever keep you from merging.  Ever.  As long as you aren't scared.  It's the truth.

1301227[/snapback]

I do the same, however when the roles are reversed I don't brake, and trust me they do as i haven't gotten hit yet. Oh, and I usually flip them the bird when they try and hit me. Of course I always give them a big ol smile when my birdie flies :D

Similar to the driving pet-peeves... walking in a Mall with a gaggle of clueless women walking three or four-abreast at a snail's pace so that nobody can possibly get past them.  :D

1301079[/snapback]

these people are called "meanderthals." see also: new york city sidewalks during tourist season.

i can't believe i missed this thread the first time around.

i hate people who take up more than one parking space in a crowded lot because the rest of the world has to accommodate their choice of big-ass vehicles. one time we were on vacation in san diego and got to the hotel, and there were no available spaces, but one guy decided to park in two spaces. my friend took a coke, shook it up and sprayed it all over the guy's windshield and door handle.

I actually pissed in the driver's seat one time then it happened to me and they were stupid enough to leave the window down. Freaked my wife out. She wouldn't go out with me for a month.

P.S. Wasn't an SUV, just a big ass car that pulled in so close I could not open the driver side door. Had to crawl over from the passenger side. Pissed me off

1345720[/snapback]

:D literally

I have many pet peeves, but my largest one is misuse of the apostrophe when pluralizing words.

Example: 130 lb. guy's who drive Ford Excursion's.

It is an epidemic, I even see professionally made signs on businesses with an apostrophe in a pluralized word. Drives me up the F'n wall.

I use a wireless headset with my BlackBerry (the new 8700 kicks ASS) but I hate when other people use them. I also hate hearing bass wafting out of a dude's 1984 Cadillac Eldorado...spend your money on something other than a 5000 watt stereo for your POS car.

• 4 years later...

What about when you are at a carnival or place where they have games /chances and you are at a stand where a bunch of kids are lined up to play against each other and a dousch bag adult sits in the game and beats them for the prize.

Last night we are sitting at the game where you shoot a water pistol in the hole and the thing above it rises up. The first person to make the thing rise all the way to the top wins. So my 2 daughters are ready to play against maybe 4 other kids that were all similar in age. Right at the last minute this asswipe woman sits in and plays against them and wins the prize. I wanted to say "congrats on beating a bunch of 8 year olds " but I just let it go . What an asshole

Edited by whomper

Similar to the driving pet-peeves... walking in a Mall with a gaggle of clueless women walking three or four-abreast at a snail's pace so that nobody can possibly get past them. :wacko:

This happens all the time to me walking in the city. When im with my brother I always crack him up when it happens because I call the people that are blocking us student body right

What about when you are at a carnival or place where they have games /chances and you are at a stand where a bunch of kids are lined up to play against each other and a dousch bag adult sits in the game and beats them for the prize.

Last night we are sitting at the game where you shoot a water pistol in the hole and the thing above it rises up. The first person to make the thing rise all the way to the top wins. So my 2 daughters are ready to play against maybe 4 other kids that were all similar in age. Right at the last minute this asswipe woman sits in and plays against them and wins the prize. I wanted to say "congrats on beating a bunch of 8 year olds " but I just let it go . What an asshole

:tup:

is it still an a-hole move if you play the game with your kid just so you can win the prize and shut her up for a few minutes? :wacko: